Thread: Failed Portent. What now?

Red face Failed Portent. What now?

Hello everyone,

So first of all, i'm too stubborn to turn the difficulty down to normal. I always play on Classic Iron man. I'm still figuring out whats new and how to manage everything because there has been alot of change. It's pretty fun. I'm suprised how much new stuff there is to do. Now I have a question about the expansion Enemy Within.

I failed the mission Portent. A mission where you had to pick a guy up who has something to do with the situation on the ground. Is this a problem? Do i still get the Exalt missions or did i just f*ck that up?

Already restarted 10 times so I don't really care if i have to do it again xD

Thanks in advance!

Timmy

Slingshot and Progeny missions can be ignored and failed as much as you like, the game will keep throwing them at you until you complete them.

They improved things a bit in EW though, in EU the ONLY council mission was Slingshot until you finished it (could fail/ignore it 100 times all the while normal council mission would be blocked from you), in EW it has much better council mission selection, so you can delay the DLC missions and get a few normal council missions before it throws it at you again.

Thanks man! So i'm still getting the exalt mission and everything in EW?

Quote Originally Posted by Miravlix View Post
    Slingshot and Progeny missions can be ignored and failed as much as you like, the game will keep throwing them at you until you complete them.

They improved things a bit in EW though, in EU the ONLY council mission was Slingshot until you finished it (could fail/ignore it 100 times all the while normal council mission would be blocked from you), in EW it has much better council mission selection, so you can delay the DLC missions and get a few normal council missions before it throws it at you again.
    I've skipped Portent when it appeared on April and have never seen it again, it's now September 24th on my C/I game. I don't think I'll ever get to play Progeny on this playthrough, unless I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by o0timmy0o View Post
    Thanks man! So i'm still getting the exalt mission and everything in EW?
    You'll get the EXALT missions and the Base Defense even if you don't choose Slingshot or Progeny.

Quote Originally Posted by Miravlix View Post

Wrong. If you skip the unique storyline council missions, then they will be gone forever. I skipped portent and I have never had it come up again. I even did the base defence mission. It is September 2018 and no sight of either slingshot OR progeny.

Quote Originally Posted by That'sRight View Post
    Wrong. If you skip the unique storyline council missions, then they will be gone forever. I skipped portent and I have never had it come up again. I even did the base defence mission. It is September 2018 and no sight of either slingshot OR progeny.
    Yes in EW that seems to be the consensus. What I would like to know is what happens if you fail a SLIGSHOT/PROGENY mission in EW ? In EU (as is my understanding) if you failed a SLIGSHOT mission then you got to infinitely repeat it. That kinda destroyed the immersion for me so I never ended up trying it in a full game, figured I would give it a go on its own (Ie not a proper game, one just played for slingshot) at a later date.

Can anyone say what happens in EW if you fail either SLINGSHOT or PROGENY ? I truly hope it goes away and does not continually repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Pyyrhic View Post
    Yes in EW that seems to be the consensus. What I would like to know is what happens if you fail a SLIGSHOT/PROGENY mission in EW ? In EU (as is my understanding) if you failed a SLIGSHOT mission then you got to infinitely repeat it. That kinda destroyed the immersion for me so I never ended up trying it in a full game, figured I would give it a go on its own (Ie not a proper game, one just played for slingshot) at a later date.

Can anyone say what happens in EW if you fail either SLINGSHOT or PROGENY ? I truly hope it goes away and does not continually repeat.
    This ^

I want to know if i can still do the mission again ...

You need to accept and complete the 1st mission of each story, if you fail that mission, it's gone forever.

Progeny it's a good mission to do if you want more PSI power. You end up with 4 PSI positives by completing all parts (they test gifted, so you can PSI train them). Apart from that you don't miss much

Thankyou for your response Anelyn. I am very glad it is something that has to be "won" to actually experience it (although others may disagree on this). For me the whole Slingshot in EU thing seemed completely contrary to every other mission in EU (except the final one) in that it was continually repeatable.

Quote Originally Posted by That'sRight View Post
    Actually, you should only have to do the first missions of Progeny/Slingshot to keep the sidestories open. After that, you should be able to hold off the subsequent missions for as long as you like without losing them.