Thread: CAN WE GET AN EXPLAINATION???

antbull Guest

CAN WE GET AN EXPLAINATION???

For what some of the online things do..

-Like what a 20/22 vote rating means????
    -How bout changing PBs online.

Also VC how in the world can you come out with a game that has ALL these little bugs. A week of having a couple of TRUE gamers playing 2k5 in your quality control office could have FLUSHED out all the bus and glitches.

My goodness I noticed the poor DB AI/movement, defenders not even looking at a rushing QB and that tackle glitch after my first 5 games.

I know, I know I'm negative...but shouldn't they have learned from last year. Putting out a game with MORE game killing glitches when you ALMOST had everything right last year???

Perhaps I should start a sticky thread....let people list bugs and possible fixes for them like we had last year?

GreyHoundSteve Guest

Re: CAN WE GET AN EXPLAINATION???

Quote Originally Posted by antbull
    For what some of the online things do..

-Like what a 20/22 vote rating means????
    -How bout changing PBs online.

Also VC how in the world can you come out with a game that has ALL these little bugs. A week of having a couple of TRUE gamers playing 2k5 in your quality control office could have FLUSHED out all the bus and glitches.

My goodness I noticed the poor DB AI/movement, defenders not even looking at a rushing QB and that tackle glitch after my first 5 games.

I know, I know I'm negative...but shouldn't they have learned from last year. Putting out a game with MORE game killing glitches when you ALMOST had everything right last year???
    " Thank you for posting at espnvideogames.com no one is in right now to answer any of your questions but please leave a message and we will be sure NOT to get back to you." :P

antbull Guest
    Is there a football friday today or something cause they are REALLY getting to me! :evil:

GreyHoundSteve Guest
    remember last year when the game came out and the mod was posting like crazy helping us all out with gameplay questions and issues ....... augh ...... those were the days. :cry:

Ive seen the online playbook question asked over 50 times by a dozen people and not one word from anyone at sega or vc on this. :evil:

antbull Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by GreyHoundSteve
    remember last year when the game came out and the mod was posting like crazy helping us all out with gameplay questions and issues ....... augh ...... those were the days. :cry:

Ive seen the online playbook question asked over 50 times by a dozen people and not one word from anyone at sega or vc on this. :evil:
    VC ANSWER THE QUESTIONS PLEASE!

tutata Guest
    Maybe they do have something in the works. I dont know for sure just speculating. I will venture to say that I do enjoy this game a little more than 2k4. Playing agains the titans, steelers and my own Fins was impossible. at least Im able to play with the Fins this year. I have seen some of the glitches that you guys mentioned. Specially the one of the DB running circles around the WR pretty funny. I love the game despite all the problems that some ppl have but thats mainly because I only play online dont play it that much online. Hopefully there's some light at the end of the tunnel for the ppl waiting for answers.

TheManKnownAsX Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Numbski
    Perhaps I should start a sticky thread....let people list bugs and possible fixes for them like we had last year?
    Yeah, not a bad idea.. and while you're at it, get VC and Sega to start giving a damn that we all bought this completely unfinished game.

Silver Gecko Guest
    Isnt' that what the "ESPN NFL 2K5 Game Issues" threads are for.

GB33 Guest

For the love of all things holy, DO NOT start another freaking sticky!!!!

SwayGod Guest
    It isn't very professional to not address these bugs. They definitely need to fix them and re-distribute the game.

GreyHoundSteve Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SwayGod
    It isn't very professional to not address these bugs. They definitely need to fix them and re-distribute the game.

Look at me, i work for VC. "ummmmmm, ummmmmm ive got my fingers in my ears and i dont hear you guys ummmmmm, ummmm"
    I think their philosophy this year is that if they dont acknowedge it they think we wont notice...... doesnt seem to be working. :?

antbull Guest
    VC i'm still waiting...

antbull Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Gecko
    Aren't they busy trying to get some fixes out for August 8th? Do you really think they have nothing better than answer every question that is asked here, or maybe they will get the fixes ready and then talk about it. The game came out about a month before the original release date, what do you guys expect?

Silver Gecko Guest
    Aren't they busy trying to get some fixes out for August 8th? Do you really think they have nothing better than answer every question that is asked here, or maybe they will get the fixes ready and then talk about it. The game came out about a month before the original release date, what do you guys expect?

TheManKnownAsX Guest
    I expect competency. Maybe that's too much to ask, but...

StopMe Guest
    ^^what a moronic post. u cant be seriously thinking this will happen. get over it.

antbull Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by StopMe
    ^^what a moronic post. u cant be seriously thinking this will happen. get over it.
    Well they should at least respond to our questions..do the FA's even play this game or have the ability to get us answers??!!

tutata Guest
    Does any1 know if EA boards get feedback from EA itself. I mean this board you at least used to get answers. I know sega is up to something. Everytime they have stayed quiet they come up with a surprise. So Im hoping this is the case. But seriously do ppl get answers from EA in those boards. I dont mean to sound like an a-hole but I think we all were kind of spoiled and the answers used to come pretty quick or some answer used to come but I understand that VC is not really responsible for answering anything in terms of glitches and errors that you find in the game. If you dont like the game take it back and they would know that you didnt like it but as an IT person myself I really doubt that I would have the time or the patience to be answering everybody's post about a glitch. Just my 2 cents. I do hope that we get some news soon.

antbull Guest
    Still waiting..

ShannysDisciple Guest
    Antbull,

Why do you care, you only ran one play anyway? All you want them to do is allow you to throw corner outs all game into double coverage and win. Why do you get on here pretending to be a baller? You played the phins and Im not sure you ran ricky one time even though he was in the game the whole time. Get on the message boards talking about how you want flaws fixed then go to the game and cheddah it up. Go you. But you still got your L, and I definetly reported you as No Sim. Sorry but I believe in these ratings and think its a great idea, so real ballers like me dont have to play cheddarheads like you.

No sim for the win, jackass

LoneRanger17 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Gecko
    Obviously, you haven't bought and ESPN product recently. Most companies have a customer service department that have people on message boards answering questions and the such. The ESPN brand will never have people on here (at least recently) answering any questions. Whether they are working on a patch or not. The baseball game has problems and they have never posted a reason for anything. Surely they haven't been working on a patch the last several months and just been too busy to respond...lol Because there is no patch coming.
    They will patch server related issue. But they will not patch game playing issues. They never have. And game playing issues will be patched in the next release of the game. LOL They never patched problem from last years game until this release came out. So don't expect any gameplay patches to come out. Yes, they will try to correct server issues...but don't hold your breath for a game play fix.
    Can anyone name any game play fixes from the last years worth of games that Sega has released? I could be wrong..but anything they try to release will usually only affect server/connection problems. Not problems like clipping bugs, or DB AI bugs...and so on.

antbull Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ShannysDisciple
    Antbull,

Why do you care, you only ran one play anyway? All you want them to do is allow you to throw corner outs all game into double coverage and win. Why do you get on here pretending to be a baller? You played the phins and Im not sure you ran ricky one time even though he was in the game the whole time. Get on the message boards talking about how you want flaws fixed then go to the game and cheddah it up. Go you. But you still got your L, and I definetly reported you as No Sim. Sorry but I believe in these ratings and think its a great idea, so real ballers like me dont have to play cheddarheads like you.

No sim for the win, [***]
    You are probably the guy that ran the hurry up to score twice and then think that I wouldn't respond by killing your D. If you can't stop the corner route from multiple formations then tough go back to practice mode. Also ricky broke out on you too. Using hurry up is PURE CHEESE bud. Not sure who you are but your a NOBODY who i'll be destroying soon enough (what you beat me by 3? on the final drive?? I stink and since you barely beat me YOU STINK. ALSO you went to review and had a freakin heart attack everytime something went wrong. You had only 1 min left on the timer cause you were having a STROKE. Going to the QUIT screen and replay like 15 times..lol. GROW UP BRO!! You can't stop a LEGIT play thats YOUR PROBLEM. YOU got an unsim and cheater rating Plus a bad attitude which will soon show on your ratings in due time cause you probably treat all your opponents the same way. Next time you get destroyed by 30 look me up cause it will be me. NOOB!

antbull Guest
    Antbull,

You are probably the guy that ran the hurry up to score twice and then think that I wouldn't respond by killing your D. If you can't stop the corner route from multiple formations then tough go back to practice mode. Also ricky broke out on you too. Using hurry up is PURE CHEESE bud. Not sure who you are but your a NOBODY who i'll be destroying soon enough (what you beat me by 3? on the final drive?? I stink and since you barely beat me YOU STINK. ALSO you went to review and had a freakin heart attack everytime something went wrong. You had only 1 min left on the timer cause you were having a STROKE. Going to the QUIT screen and replay like 15 times..lol. GROW UP BRO!! You can't stop a LEGIT play thats YOUR PROBLEM. YOU got an unsim and cheater rating Plus a bad attitude which will soon show on your ratings in due time cause you probably treat all your opponents the same way. Next time you get destroyed by 30 look me up cause it will be me. NOOB!
    Ok lets recap to make sure we got this right:

ShannysDisciple does the following:
    1-Pulls DE manually way outside of OLine to get the pass rush=GLITCH
    2-Covers Wrs with DT 20yrds down the field=CHEESE
    3- Runs 5 wide and then does hurry up when he is close to goaline and audibles to a Jokers/Ace package to score =CHEESE
    4-Puts a Wr in motion and then snaps the ball before the motion is complete leaving the WR wide open =MOTION GLITCH
    5-After every play that does not go his way his replays it 5 times or goes to the QUIT screen=BAD ATTITUDE
    6-REPLAYS all of his good plays=ANNOYING PLAYER
    7-Any play that doesn't go his way and he DOESN'T go to the quit screen he repeatedly bring up the menu screen=BAD ATTITUDE
    8-Presses the MENU screen when you are picking a play to RESET your play picking screen=GLITCH
    9-Audibles on FG attempts to try to DISTRACT you because the words AUDIBLE come up and block your view of the goalpost=CHEESE

I looked to post your name and tell all the vets about you but my player file was erased. Thanks for giving me your gametag...goodluck bro and keep taking your bloodpressure medication

Once again grow up kid.. :roll:

For the record.....

I've never seen antbull use even an ounce of cheese.

I'm a bit disconcerted about him calling WR's in motion and snapping before the motion is complete cheese, as this is absolutely required against press coverage, but I digress.

So whomever you are, please learn who it is you're talking about. When you start trashing people that have been here FAR longer than you, you're going to get laughed at.

Trust me, I'm laughing.

Randy Moss Guest
    That was cheese against man coverage last year though.

They had a messed up system of DB switching where you could send a man in motion and a defender on the other side of the field, or at least a few yards away would take his assignment. Then if you hike it at that exact time you would basically have at least 1, sometimes 2 wrs open by a mile. Not just getting off the press, but open by a mile.

I would have liked to use the motion to get off the press too, but last year the switching by the DBs were just too glitchy to hike it while they were in motion.

ShannysDisciple Guest
    Antbull,

Ok lets recap to make sure we got this right:

ShannysDisciple does the following:
    1-Pulls DE manually way outside of OLine to get the pass rush=GLITCH
    2-Covers Wrs with DT 20yrds down the field=CHEESE
    3- Runs 5 wide and then does hurry up when he is close to goaline and audibles to a Jokers/Ace package to score =CHEESE
    4-Puts a Wr in motion and then snaps the ball before the motion is complete leaving the WR wide open =MOTION GLITCH
    5-After every play that does not go his way his replays it 5 times or goes to the QUIT screen=BAD ATTITUDE
    6-REPLAYS all of his good plays=ANNOYING PLAYER
    7-Any play that doesn't go his way and he DOESN'T go to the quit screen he repeatedly bring up the menu screen=BAD ATTITUDE
    8-Presses the MENU screen when you are picking a play to RESET your play picking screen=GLITCH
    9-Audibles on FG attempts to try to DISTRACT you because the words AUDIBLE come up and block your view of the goalpost=CHEESE

I looked to post your name and tell all the vets about you but my player file was erased. Thanks for giving me your gametag...goodluck bro and keep taking your bloodpressure medication

Once again grow up kid.. :roll:
    Wow, guess I should of checked back on this lol. Well apparently you have me confused with someone else.

First of all, I use hurry up only if its for the time, ie. less then 2 minutes or time winding down.
    Second the only time I pull a dline off is to attempt to spy the qb, you didnt run fiedler enough for me to do this lol?
    Third, I love 5 wide but would never aud to another set, putting lelie at TE is definetly not my style lol.
    Fourth, yep I do motion my wr's or fb sometime and snap when hes in the best position to block, thats not cheese imo
    Fifth, lol im def not a replay ☺☺☺☺☺, I replayed the couple times you were throwing that corner out into 2 and triple coverage, just frustrating when david boston outplays champ bailey and john lynch for the ball.
    7,8,9 you obviously have the wrong person

I was the guy running all over you and busting 80 yard runs with garrison hearst lol. If you gave me a no sim and cheater rating, I will be disheartened in the system, totally unfair for a poor sport like you to rate me like that cuz your cheese didnt prevail. Ricky never broke on me, you never ran him lol. I play the Broncos and Im sure you are not talking about me with all that cheezy stuff or just trying to slander my name, no worries anyone who respects the way you play, is not someone I want to play. Once again, I play this game cuz I love football and my Broncos. I actually like losing if its to real players. Sorry if I struck a chord but dam no reason to smear my name, Im str8 as your dad wishes he could be.

brettfavre Guest
    sure, this is the game issues forum.. but a sticky would be great a break down the issues in a post.. causing a lot of people not to repost unneccesary known bugs/glitches