View Poll Results: Replace Vinny with Henson?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, right now!

9 42.86%
  • Yes, but in a couple games if they keep struggling

7 33.33%
  • No, finish the year with Vinny

4 19.05%
  • Who the heck is Henson?

1 4.76%

Thread: Cowboys season done? Now what?

Mike8027 Guest

Cowboys season done? Now what?

After tonights loss to the Eagles, should the Cowboys look to the future and put Henson in? Or wait two more games and see what happens.

Neiswereiwannabe Guest
    eh just put him in.

Ren Guest
    Don't think they'll play Henson more then maybe 2 games this year if that much and I also think Henson is gonna suck pretty bad but at some point they need to find this out. 2 first round picks in the draft and from the looks of things 2 very high picks they could pick up a what can become a good QB if needed. they should at least put him in when they don't have anything to play for like last nigth in the 4th qtr.

My bet would be Henson goes to NFL Europe this summer

JaguarsFan54 Guest
    Put Henson in Vinny is done.....hes the future QB of that team and this season pretty much done for the boys.....put him in get him alittle experience for next season

NYGiants Guest
    I wouldn't put him in unless Parcells has confidence in him. There's no point in putting him in a situation where he can't do well.

Ren Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by NYGiants
    I wouldn't put him in unless Parcells has confidence in him. There's no point in putting him in a situation where he can't do well.
    I agree but there's no harm in giving him some 4th qtr's here and there when the games are lost anyway

cjg0618 Guest
    Just a matter of time before Neiswereiwannabe's sig is gone...

JaguarsFan54 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cjg0618
    why?

9. It is not Vinny's fault the team is loseing. Injuries to the D has killed us. We have a rookie no name starting last night. He fumbled twice last night on a punt and kickoff. Trading Bryant was a bad move now that Glenn is out for the season. The only highlight of the 2004 seasons so far is Witten. He is turning out to be a great TE. Glad he isn't fumbling as much as he was during the beginning of the season. Either way we should seen Henson in week 13 or 14. Henson is going to struggle because all he has is Keyshawn or Witten to throw to, just like Vinny.
    Xbox Live GT = mudslip

cjg0618 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JaguarsFan54
    Quote Originally Posted by cjg0618
    why?
    uh...didn't you read the new rules? :roll:
    The maximum sig size is 400x80.

Ren Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MuDvAyNe
    It is not Vinny's fault the team is loseing. Injuries to the D has killed us. We have a rookie no name starting last night. He fumbled twice last night on a punt and kickoff. Trading Bryant was a bad move now that Glenn is out for the season. The only highlight of the 2004 seasons so far is Witten. He is turning out to be a great TE. Glad he isn't fumbling as much as he was during the beginning of the season. Either way we should seen Henson in week 13 or 14. Henson is going to struggle because all he has is Keyshawn or Witten to throw to, just like Vinny.
    Take a look at it from a diffrent angle though who's gonna play QB for the Cowboys next year?
    if it's Vinny then keep him on the field and let Henson watch and learn and let some of the younger RB's get a shoot towards the end of the season thinking mostly about Julius here who should be back for the thaksgiving game against Chicago.
    If this is the case send Henson to Europe for the summer.

if they want Henson to QB next season then it would be nice if he can get some play in the NFL this season

12. I agree Ren. Eddie George is not coming back next year. He is garbage. Why they don't let Rashaud Lee run is beyond me. He has returned many kickoff's to mid field and beyond. He has some good speed. Testaverde will either be back as a backup or starting again. Testaverde has played good this year. He is on pace for 4k yards. I would wait to put henson in until 3 weeks left in the season or so. Putting him in now will mentally drain him. There are only 2 good Recievers right now and Henson will struggle alot.
    Xbox Live GT = mudslip

Tuna Guest
    Testaverde is really the only bright point in this season besides Witten and the pass protection.

Cardiac Cats Guest
    If Vinny keeps playing bad put Henson in :wink:

Ren Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardiac Cats
    The problem isent Vinny though it's the secundary, lack of running game and a ☺☺☺☺ load of injurys

HsuAndChan2009 Guest

sdaDs

#1, Henson is a Rookie, #2, Parcells has said he wont put lil Hens in. Im from Dallas, i would know. Drew is our FUTURE. Not our present. Vinny finishes the season and the 'Boys win 6 games.

Cardiac Cats Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ren
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardiac Cats
    The problem isent Vinny though it's the secundary, lack of running game and a [***]
    load of injurys
    Your right, If they had a good running game it would take the pressure off of Vinny

#1, Henson is a Rookie, #2, Parcells has said he wont put lil Hens in. Im from Dallas, i would know. Drew is our FUTURE. Not our present. Vinny finishes the season and the 'Boys win 6 games.
    But don't forget Henson hasn't played in a real football game in a few years.

Ren Guest
    well Henson got his his shot, first thing he did was fumble :?

Tuna Guest
    Fumble wasn't really his fault

Ren Guest
    only saw it on NFL.com we only get 2 games a week here MNF and an early starter on sundays this week CAR vs ARZ , still nice to see he's getting some playing time

Tuna Guest
    Hensons's doing great, just threw for a TD

22. Henson is the future. The season may be over but watch out next year .

Henson 6 for 6 47 yards and a td.

Jones 30 attempts and 81 yards, only 2.7 yards a carry .
    Xbox Live GT = mudslip

cowboys_are_#1 Guest
    Henson is the future. The season may be over but watch out next year .

Very impressed with Henson but now here's the question, with Henson 6 for 6, 47 yards, and a TD. Do you start Henson the rest of the year or do you keep Vinny in?

Ren Guest
    Henson is the future. The season may be over but watch out next year .

Jones preformance is not to bad considering he's fresh of an injury and up against one of the best defences in the league.

I seriously fear the start Henson now mob just got more fuel for their fire

Ren Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboys_are_#1

Very impressed with Henson but now here's the question, with Henson 6 for 6, 47 yards, and a TD. Do you start Henson the rest of the year or do you keep Vinny in?
    start vinny and give Henson more time like he got today you can't really have a rookie RB Jones and a rookie QB starting at the same time, and I think parcells has had it with George now.

26. I wonder how much of a cap penalty the Cowboys would take if they just cut George now. He is so washed up.
    Xbox Live GT = mudslip

Ren Guest
    He's got a one year deal with an option for a 2nd i think, so 6 more games and he's gone