Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Salary Cap

  1. #1
    lions_30 Guest

    Salary Cap

    I just finished my first season in franchise mode on 2k5.
    I played all of my pre season games and when I go to start season it says "You must be under the Salary Cap and have a maximum of 54 players"
    So I released some players and now I have a team salary of 70.2m with 46 players on my roster. Why can't I advance to the regular season? What should my team salary be at? Is there a minimum amount of players I must have to advance?

  2. #2
    xrams Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lions_30
    I just finished my first season in franchise mode on 2k5.
    I played all of my pre season games and when I go to start season it says "You must be under the Salary Cap and have a maximum of 54 players"
    So I released some players and now I have a team salary of 70.2m with 46 players on my roster. Why can't I advance to the regular season? What should my team salary be at? Is there a minimum amount of players I must have to advance?
    there only two reason for you not being able to advance.... you can't have more than 54players or your over the Cap..... so go to your office then to the contracts section and look at the bottom of the screen and you'll find the amount your over the Cap..... release the necessary ppl so as to advance to the season....

  3. #3
    If you get to that point, you probably need to start your franchise over.

  4. #4
    DJ101 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by xrams
    there only two reason for you not being able to advance.... you can't have more than 54players or your over the Cap..... so go to your office then to the contracts section and look at the bottom of the screen and you'll find the amount your over the Cap..... release the necessary ppl so as to advance to the season....
    Yeah and when you drop players, dont forget to try and drop those where the penalty to drop them is less than the money you're saving salary wise. If they make 2.3 mil but the penalty to waive them is 3.2 mil - you might have dropped a player, but you just lost another $.9 million.


    Regarding the Q if there is a minimum, trying to recall i think there might be....not sure. Check your team needs screen and see if you're missing personnel in a certain position.

  5. #5
    you have to stay between 45 and 52. You can sign more than the max or less than the minimum during the offseason, but you have to get the number within this range and under the cap before the season starts.

  6. #6
    dan77733 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lions_30
    I just finished my first season in franchise mode on 2k5.
    I played all of my pre season games and when I go to start season it says "You must be under the Salary Cap and have a maximum of 54 players"
    So I released some players and now I have a team salary of 70.2m with 46 players on my roster. Why can't I advance to the regular season? What should my team salary be at? Is there a minimum amount of players I must have to advance?
    If you're playing 2k5 on Xbox and have an Action Replay with the memory card, go to -

    http://web.tampabay.rr.com/flyingfinn/roster.htm

    and download Finn's ESPN NFL 2k5 gamesave editor. Then save your franchise on to the AR memory card and transfer to your PC. Load the file in to the editor and switch to a team that doesnt have any problems. Then save. Then load the file in-game and advance to the regular season. Once in the regular season, save and transfer the file to your PC via AR. Then, load the file in Finn's editor and switch back to your original team. Then save. Then load the file in-game and you should be ready to play week one.

    NOTE: I havent exactly tried this so im not sure if the CPU will make any roster moves for your team. Make sure that you backup your franchise save.

  7. #7
    Fly_Falcons_Fly Guest
    how do u get updated rosters for ps2???

  8. #8
    Stanger42 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tpaterniti
    If you get to that point, you probably need to start your franchise over.

    I've had to do that a couple times myself...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •