Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 120 of 216

Thread: OFFICIAL: Vince Carter Thread

  1. #81
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    11,925
    I know man, they screwed up the play by play stuff for games, you have to use the stupid flash one now. They try to advance stuff but instead just make it all confusing and sucky.
    Raptors | Wizards | Clippers

  2. #82
    half-man-half-amazing Guest
    bakc to the topic again!

    VINCE or Pierce!?! tough question cause Pē has become a great allrounder but again I have to take VC!

    first he is the most specatcular player these days and he will give the crowd a lot of highlights.......I just say "ZO get out of my way"

    secondly, Carter is way more talented than Pierce and he is capable of doing things Pierce just cant! look at Carter as a NET last year, he was at the same level like kobe and even better than wade! Carter is next to kobe the most talented player in the league, therefore I would take him over P"

    thirdly, VC is able to carry a team on his own....Pierce cant! If VC is healthy and feels some support he is the next to kobe again the second best guard in the season! HE just mor e unstoppable than Paul

    however, you are right that Paulīs attitude is more professional but even if VC isnt trying that hard, he is the better player!

  3. #83
    fewrookies Guest
    i think if VC were injury free in his entire career, you would reverse that phrase and instead put "kobe is next to VC."

  4. #84
    fewrookies Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by LUZRapplejak
    These are your hard facts

    YEAR G GS MPG FG% 3P% FT% OFF DEF RPG APG SPG BPG TO PF PPG
    04-05 20 20 30.4 .411 .322 .694 1.4 1.9 3.3 3.1 1.25 .75 1.10 2.80 15.9 Raptors

    04-05 57 56 38.9 .462 .425 .817 1.4 4.5 5.9 4.7 1.47 .58 2.56 3.30 27.5 Nets

    As to the rest, you will find there is rarely ever sufficient "hard evidence" to rely upon to make the value judgements and character asessments necessary to navigate the challenges and perils of life. You have to take same things on faith and you have to protect yourself from countless unknowns. Reisiting "being judgemental" and not "using your judgement" are not the same thing.

    I can state with unequivocally that whomever said that they agreed Carter has done what I've described at it's calculating worst, but there's nothing wrong with it because "it's just business" is destined for a rude awakening when they try to cunduct their own business in a mercenary and unethical manner.
    you keep comparing what vince did in the nba to what would happen in real life. and there's only one aspect i can see that is similar: in the nba, if you hate your current team, you ask for a trade and work for another team; in real life, if you hate your current job, you quite and go find another job. only thing, in the nba you can't quite if you say so, so you got to ****e things up. what is so unethical about abondoning a team that only plays you 30 mins a game. maybe that explains the drop of production, not only playing less mins, but playing a superstar type player only 30 mins a game, is cleary not trusting him.

  5. #85
    b-ballinE23 Guest
    Pierce is better by a good long shot

  6. #86
    fewrookies Guest
    do you mean to say pierce is a better shooter? or pierce is far better than carter? either one, you're wrong by far.

  7. #87
    Janelly1810 Guest
    He is a more efficient player than Carter is. Check the efficiency ratings.

  8. #88
    fewrookies Guest
    what, more efficient this season? he should be, carter have two more stars to share the ball with this season. and frank is the worst coach i have ever seen!!!!!!!!!why the ****lllllll would they fire byron scott? he is not giving the ball to carter enough or jefferson. samething with kidd, he is only averaging 5 asst per game.

  9. #89
    fcukernaut Guest
    Carter the best player in the league next to Kobe?That is probably the dumbest most rediculous comment I've heard in a long time.

    Now i've with held comment from this thread about who I'd take because I've hated on VC since he started dogging it on the court. I am a raptors fan but I still like the guy his jersey should be retired because he has done more for Canadian basketball than probably anyone else in the past 20 years. He managed to be the most beloved athlete in Toronto, in the same city where the Leafs play. A team that hasn't won a championship in over 40 years but still sells out every night. He was more popular than any Leaf during his tenure and he threw it away, just blew it. If he had done it the right way there would be no complaints but he pu.ssy footed around and managed to alienate every single raptors fan. I don't blame Vince completely. I do put part of the blame on management for not governing with an iron fist. They just pampered vince, they spoiled him and treated him like a god which caused huge problems later on when they decided to hire Rob Bab****.

    For every highlight dunk you saw on sportscenter there would be at least 2 or 3 plays that would kill the raps. Whether it was a defensive lapse on his part or one of his trade mark rally killing fade away jumpers that would always clank off iron. When it came to the end of the game with the tying or winning shot I'd plead the raps would give the ball to someone other than VC because he'd always settle for a bad, contested shot. There were times i'd rather have had JYD taking the bloody shot at the end of the game(okay not really but you get my point).

    It was all him though that eventually killed it. His non-existent work ethic only got him more injuries which led to more injuries which in turn led to his lack of confidence to take the ball to the cup. That was his game, going to the basket and after a few injuries he was too scared to go back in there and started really taking bad shots.

    I guess that's the really big difference between the two is that if i had to choose between the two i'm going to take the guy who is going to work harder. And at the end of the day with the game on the line i'm taking pierce in a heart beat over VC with the final shot.

  10. #90
    Janelly1810 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by fewrookies
    what, more efficient this season? he should be, carter have two more stars to share the ball with this season. and frank is the worst coach i have ever seen!!!!!!!!!why the ****lllllll would they fire byron scott? he is not giving the ball to carter enough or jefferson. samething with kidd, he is only averaging 5 asst per game.
    He was more efficient than him last season too.

  11. #91
    half-man-half-amazing Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ☺☺☺☺ernaut
    Carter the best player in the league next to Kobe?That is probably the dumbest most rediculous comment I've heard in a long time.

    Now i've with held comment from this thread about who I'd take because I've hated on VC since he started dogging it on the court. I am a raptors fan but I still like the guy his jersey should be retired because he has done more for Canadian basketball than probably anyone else in the past 20 years. He managed to be the most beloved athlete in Toronto, in the same city where the Leafs play. A team that hasn't won a championship in over 40 years but still sells out every night. He was more popular than any Leaf during his tenure and he threw it away, just blew it. If he had done it the right way there would be no complaints but he pu.ssy footed around and managed to alienate every single raptors fan. I don't blame Vince completely. I do put part of the blame on management for not governing with an iron fist. They just pampered vince, they spoiled him and treated him like a god which caused huge problems later on when they decided to hire Rob Bab****.

    For every highlight dunk you saw on sportscenter there would be at least 2 or 3 plays that would kill the raps. Whether it was a defensive lapse on his part or one of his trade mark rally killing fade away jumpers that would always clank off iron. When it came to the end of the game with the tying or winning shot I'd plead the raps would give the ball to someone other than VC because he'd always settle for a bad, contested shot. There were times i'd rather have had JYD taking the bloody shot at the end of the game(okay not really but you get my point).

    It was all him though that eventually killed it. His non-existent work ethic only got him more injuries which led to more injuries which in turn led to his lack of confidence to take the ball to the cup. That was his game, going to the basket and after a few injuries he was too scared to go back in there and started really taking bad shots.

    I guess that's the really big difference between the two is that if i had to choose between the two i'm going to take the guy who is going to work harder. And at the end of the day with the game on the line i'm taking pierce in a heart beat over VC with the final shot.
    you are the kind of raptors fan I just laugh about!! hey dude VC was the one who put toronto even on the b-ball map! VC is the jordan of canada and you all have to realize that!!! VC was always settling for a bad shot! are you high!!?? VC was probably the best clutch player in the league as a raptor............as I said I just laugh about you

    cheers

  12. #92
    fcukernaut Guest
    So what part of...

    Quote Originally Posted by ☺☺☺☺ernaut
    I am a raptors fan but I still like the guy his jersey should be retired because he has done more for Canadian basketball than probably anyone else in the past 20 years
    ...don't you get that I haven't given him credit for?

    VC was always settling for a bad shot! are you high!!??
    I guess you didn't watch oh I don't know about the last 3 years of him in Toronto now did you? Because if you did you would have realised that he was casterated and never took the ball to the basket, which is the strongest part of his game.

    VC was probably the best clutch player in the league as a raptor
    No, not even close.

  13. #93
    fewrookies Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ☺☺☺☺ernaut



    I guess you didn't watch oh I don't know about the last 3 years of him in Toronto now did you? Because if you did you would have realised that he was casterated and never took the ball to the basket, which is the strongest part of his game.



    .

    injuries might explain that. and how the ****lll do you know he didn't work on to get stronger after his injuries? are you his trainer?

  14. #94
    fewrookies Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Janelly1810
    He was more efficient than him last season too.
    the first 20 games of you know what might explain that.

  15. #95
    fcukernaut Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by fewrookies
    injuries might explain that. and how the ****lll do you know he didn't work on to get stronger after his injuries? are you his trainer?
    The reason I know he didn't work hard enough is because he kept getting injured. Simple if you say sprain your ankle you are far more likely to sprain your ankle again unless you build up the strength in it. Since VC keeps getting hurt he clearly isn't working hard enough. Injuries and a bad work ethic go hand in hand.

  16. #96
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    11,925
    That is debatable. It's not a good enough argument to say he kept getting injured. Grant Hill is one of the hardest workers in the league, and he couldn't shake the injury bug. Michael D.ickerson was not known for being lazy, but had to retire at 27 due to constant injuries. Maggette is a beast, probably the strongest perimeter player in the league, yet he hasn't played even 80 games in a season yet and is injured every year.

    Some people's bodies are just more injury prone than others, him continously getting injured does not mean he's not working hard, but I don't think he was working hard either, just that it's a weak argument.
    Raptors | Wizards | Clippers

  17. #97
    Illest_Chronic Guest

    Talking 2night Vince Carter was on fiyaaaa

    15/21 from the FG 3/4 3-Point 11 Rebounds 6 Assists SWEEEEET!!! Plus 2 monsters JAMS!
    Maaan fucc all ya haters man. He's the man! At the begin of the seasons he was like 21points per gamer cuz of his fouls trouble but in the last 2 games he was like 2-3 fouls and HE'S HOT AS **** !!!! He don't hug the ball like Kobe does.

  18. #98
    RTT Guest
    DARIUS MILES HAD 47 POINTS IN A GAME LAST YEAR!!!


    MVP

    MVP


    MVP


    MVP

  19. #99
    ozzie Guest
    haaahahahahaahahhaahahah

  20. #100
    fewrookies Guest
    air traffic control, vinsanity has landed!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  21. #101
    2kallthaway Guest
    all those who voted for james in the nike baller of the week, i laught at you.....ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

  22. #102
    ozzie Guest
    What's happened to Lebron James court vision, i saw a couple of nice passes to Marshall on the wing for treys but when the defense collapsed on him tonight he didn't find the open man which this time last was bieng tauted as a rarity amongst today's NBA players let alone one as young as James just curious wheather his coach is advising him to take it and draw the foul or he has taken it by himself to modify his game in this way?

  23. #103
    Ok wow, are Vince fans going to make a Vince thread everytime he has a good game? Are Vince fans that insecure about Vince's ability, that they need to make sure people see when he has a good night, as not to go unnoticed.

  24. #104
    oaklandraiders510 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Illest_Chronic
    15/21 from the FG 3/4 3-Point 11 Rebounds 6 Assists SWEEEEET!!! Plus 2 monsters JAMS!
    Maaan fucc all ya haters man. He's the man! At the begin of the seasons he was like 21points per gamer cuz of his fouls trouble but in the last 2 games he was like 2-3 fouls and HE'S HOT AS **** !!!! He don't hug the ball like Kobe does.


    WOW 1 good game and hes the iish all of a sudden?? i know one player by the name of J-Rich whos always on fire,and is gettin it done

    and if kobe "HUGS" the ball so much then why do the lakers have a better record than the nets?? exactly,so be quiet

  25. #105
    Um, did you not see, Wade? Carmelo? AI? Umm, yeahhhhhhhhhh

  26. #106
    fewrookies Guest
    you guys are missing the point to this thread. carter started the season slow up untill tonight. it was his break out performance game, right, chronic?. so i agreed it deserves a thread.

  27. #107
    Illest_Chronic Guest
    fewrookies --> exactly

    without foul troubles... 30 points + all games just like last year

  28. #108
    Blackwiz Guest
    no, it doesnt deserve its own thread.....may a Nets thread, but not a VC thread...puleez

  29. #109
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    11,925
    I almost understood that first post...
    Raptors | Wizards | Clippers

  30. #110
    2K's_Lamar Guest
    i know he had two big jams like the first poster said, but i read the review, and they say carter did a Dr.j imitaion with a little scoop reverse. did he? i didn't saw the game. dam job!!!!

  31. #111
    Illest_Chronic Guest
    what review ??

  32. #112
    2K's_Lamar Guest
    i mean recap

  33. #113
    Illest_Chronic Guest
    I think its was the Play of the Night... click NBA TV Top 10

  34. #114
    ozzie Guest
    it's funny that the next night Lebron goes for 52 and has clearly the best game of the season just thought i would add that in

  35. #115
    half-man-half-amazing Guest
    I am not sure if this performance deserves an own thread, nevertheless it is a matter of fact that VC is motivated like **** everytime he enters the ring with King James!

    it is like " If I really want I can even outplay the next jordan"! Watching this game it became so obvious again that VC is one of the best offensive players ever! so many weapons, so talented.........just unstoppable!

    on the one hand it was just awesome seeing VC playing like a MVP again but on the other hand I am still wondering why he cant play with such motivation every ****in game!!??

    however, at the end of the reg. season the nets will win the atlantic and VC will end up around 25ppg...................all you haters should just shut the **** up!!!

  36. #116
    The_Diplomat Guest
    People seriously need to get off Vince's ****, honestly. Vince Carter is the most overrated player in basketball. And this thread proves it right here. If we were really that good, we would expect these kind of games. You don't need to make a **** thread to point it out. What makes me laugh, in the first post they talked about how he put up 2 huge dunks. Since when has that became a stat now, or is that only for Vince seeing that is all that he can do. LeBron does that 4 or 5 times a game, you don't see every LeBron fan putting up a new thread because he had a big game. By the way, who was guarding him in the Cavs game, sure and the **** wasn't LeBron, Vince should be proud, he put up 42 on who, Eric Snow and Damon Jones? Put LeBron on him, Vince would of had about 8 points and about 4-20 from the field. LeBron put up 32 on Richard Jefferson. I better go start a thread about him. Now that I think about it, Vince isn't really overrated anymore, people realize he is not that good.

    on the one hand it was just awesome seeing VC playing like a MVP again but on the other hand I am still wondering why he cant play with such motivation every ****in game!!??

    however, at the end of the reg. season the nets will win the atlantic and VC will end up around 25ppg...................all you haters should just shut the **** up!!!
    LMAO, playing like a MVP AGAIN? Since when has Vince ever played like an MVP, He has only played one full season in his whole career. And you can't even argue any stats in Toronto, seeing he was the only offensive threat on a terrible team. Of course he is gonna put up 25 a game, especially when you are taking 30 shots a game. At the end of the season the Nets will probably be in a distant 3rd, and Vince will be out again with some ridiculous injury that nobody has ever heard of. I swear to god everytime that man sneezes he pulls a hammy or something. So I dont want to see another Vince thread unless he wins an Oscar for Best Parody of a Good Player.

  37. #117
    heelbalm Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Diplomat
    People seriously need to get off Vince's ****, honestly. Vince Carter is the most overrated player in basketball. And this thread proves it right here. If we were really that good, we would expect these kind of games. You don't need to make a **** thread to point it out. What makes me laugh, in the first post they talked about how he put up 2 huge dunks. Since when has that became a stat now, or is that only for Vince seeing that is all that he can do. LeBron does that 4 or 5 times a game, you don't see every LeBron fan putting up a new thread because he had a big game. By the way, who was guarding him in the Cavs game, sure and the **** wasn't LeBron, Vince should be proud, he put up 42 on who, Eric Snow and Damon Jones? Put LeBron on him, Vince would of had about 8 points and about 4-20 from the field. LeBron put up 32 on Richard Jefferson. I better go start a thread about him. Now that I think about it, Vince isn't really overrated anymore, people realize he is not that good.
    OK.......if lebron was that good of a defender, why don't they put him on the best offensive player of the opposing team? eric snow is their best guard defender. and VC pulperize him. VC had another 30+ points last season playing the caves. can you explain that? he should play like that all nights? ain't thats what he did last season? 27 6 5, with the nets. we are just 17 games in the season.


    Quote Originally Posted by The_DiplomateL
    MAO, playing like a MVP AGAIN? Since when has Vince ever played like an MVP, He has only played one full season in his whole career. And you can't even argue any stats in Toronto, seeing he was the only offensive threat on a terrible team. Of course he is gonna put up 25 a game, especially when you are taking 30 shots a game. At the end of the season the Nets will probably be in a distant 3rd, and Vince will be out again with some ridiculous injury that nobody has ever heard of. I swear to god everytime that man sneezes he pulls a hammy or something. So I dont want to see another Vince thread unless he wins an Oscar for Best Parody of a Good Player.

    since when did vince ever took over 30 shots a game? VC in my opinion is the most unselfest player of all the greats. and what are you saying? he fake all his injuries just so he can sit home and watch TV?

    and ain't lebron also is in a "one talented player team?" o, so that explain his points per game.

    your comments were the dumbest i've ever heard.

  38. #118
    half-man-half-amazing Guest
    @diplomat

    oh man you know nothing about basketball! all you can think about is "how to bash VC" I fell sorry for ya...............stupid hater

    however, you say VC is the most overrated player in the league?!? r u kiddin me?!?!?! his career stats are 24/5/4!! he is the 16th best scorer of ALL TIME concering ppg!!!!
    overrated!?!?!? hey dude stop smokin

    further you say lebron can dunk like VINCE..........this is the greates ******** ever!!!! let lebron do a 360 windmill the other way around like VINCE did in the SDC................he would break his legs ! VC is the best dunker of all time, period!!!


    VC has never played like a MVP?!?!?! lol, check his player file on nba.com and look at the following seasons: 99-00, 00-01 and 04-05 as a NET !! immo it is not that bad

    which game did you watch!?!? hughes and lebron tried to defend VC! none of them were able to stop him.....period! once again you are so wrong! everytime VC entered the ring with lebron he schooled him!!! therefore keep you **** for ya and dont act like a cryin *****

    VC has never played a full season!?! lol, he played 70+ games every season except the year 01-02 and 02-03.........again this is not that bad

    all things considered your whole post was ********..........................however, keep tryin

  39. #119
    whatupb110 Guest
    This is funny. We have two different extremes in this thread. On one hand, we've got the Vince haters highly over-exaggerating his flaws and on the other hand, we've got the Vince stans praising his every step and justifying his flaws by countering with, "he dunks the ball good." This whole thread is filled with nothing but bias doubletalk. Somewhere in between all of the d*ck riding and overdone bashing you will find the truth. I, however, don't feel like sorting through all of this nonsense....................

    PS

    To whomever said that if Lebron was guarding Vince, he'd of only scored 8 points on 4-20 shooting, you're an idiot. And to whomever said, "Vince is the most unselfish of all the greats", you are also an idiot. First, he'd actually have to be considered "great" before you could even start to entertain the thought, let alone, he's not even the most unselfish on his own team...............

  40. #120
    The_Diplomat Guest
    Don't think I'm coming in to bash Vince Carter at all, I just hate when people blow is career way out of proportion and say he is better than he actually is.

    First I'm gonna start with the best dunker of all time. That is definately a stretch and I would expect that coming from a Vince Carter fan. How you gonna say that when the man ain't even the best of his generation. I heard someone shout him out earlier but J-Rich is a way better dunker than Vince Carter hands down. Second I never said LeBron was better than Vince, I just said he has probably 4 or 5 big throw downs a game but no one ever makes a big deal about. Vince Carter not only does a dunk, BUT SOMEONE ELSES DUNK, and everyone makes a big god **** deal about it.

    Ok, and you talk about how he played like an "MVP". In 99-00 the guy didn't even make All NBA 2nd Team, how you gonna say he had an MVP season if even the NBA said he wasn't one of the top 10 players in the league that year. 00-01 He was 5th in the league in scoring but jesus christ, that year he led his team in scoring in every game but eight, on a team that included Hakeem Olajuwon, Alvin Williams and Antonio Davis, not really big time scorers, so if he ain't up in there in scoring then that is terrible. Last year he average 21 points a game between New Jersey & Toronto. Last time I checked he blantantly milked an injury cause he didn't want to play in Toronto anymore. Then with Richard Jefferson injured, Kenyon Martin gone, he and Kidd were the only source of offense. Wasn't in the top 10 in any statistical category except scoring which I believe he was 9th.
    Also I believe the definition of the award is who is most valuable to their team. How can a player be valuable when they are hurt most of the time, there team has a losing record, they don't want to play for that team. It's not how good of a dunker he is or how many All-star apperances he has or how many PPG he can put up on a terrible team where he is the only source of offense. So until he plays on a winning team where he is needed to be successful and can actually lead a team, the Vince Carter and MVP shouldn't be in the same sentence.

    Whoever said he is up there with the unselfish greats. You have got to be kidding me, he is not even the most unselfish on his own team!!

    Whoever said LeBron was on an untalented team is an idiot. Larry Hughes, averaged 22 PPG, led the league in steals. But obviously he is not talented. Drew Gooden, averaged about 10 RPG and 15 PPG in only 30 minutes a game. Obviously not talented. Donyell Marshall, one of the top three point shooters, and one of the highest 3pt percentages as well last year. I mean come on.

    Everything half-man-half-garbage and heelbalm are saying, you don't have anything to back up. All you say is he had so many PPG, blah blah blah. Then you talk about the years he played like an MVP then say, imo not that bad. You are contradicting yourself right there.

    So if someone doesnt know anything about basketball it is you you clown. Vince is overrated, end of discussion.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •