Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 41 to 80 of 101

Thread: OFFICIAL: Kevin Garnett Thread

  1. #41
    Blackwiz Guest

    KG = No All Star...or is he??

    I rarely post threads...but it was bought up early during the Wolves n Blazers game.

    Does KG deserve to be in the All Star game?? He wasnt voted a starter......and you got Shawn Marion who is doing it big for his team. You have Elton Brand who is doing it big for his team. They even bought up Melo and he has, actually, been doing it big for his team. Is it just a gimme for KG?? Does it always have to be bought up that he has a bad team?? Should he get picked just cuz skillwise, hes better than all of those other guys?? I mean, Marion is a big reason why the Suns are winning and same with Brand, and Melo's scoring is a big reason why they are doing what they are doing(even if people say they are underachieving).... and lets not forget the biggie.....Dirk, whos definitely doing it big for his team.

    I honestly didnt realize that KG wasnt a starter until they mentioned it during the game. It'll be kinda crazy without KG there....but is it fair to just put him in there just cuz hes KG even though his team is below .500 and just forget about some other guys?....

  2. #42
    Janelly1810 Guest
    I was thinking about that last night but didn't make a thread about it but the Forwards are loaded in the west. You got:

    Dirk Nowitski
    Shawn Marion
    Elton Brand
    Carmelo Anthony
    Pau Gasol
    Kevin Garnett

    Any one of these players most likely deserve the spot before KG to me because their teams are over .500 and they are having career seasons as well. For real though I thought T-Mac shouldn't have been a starter because he hasn't really been playing the whole season and his team is way under .500. But hey its what the fans want. I see KG possibly getting in but it would definitely be a shame if any of these players were snubbed. But for real I think Carmelo might get snubbed because he's young and got plenty of chances to be in the all star game.

  3. #43
    Blackwiz Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Janelly1810
    I was thinking about that last night but didn't make a thread about it but the Forwards are loaded in the west. You got:

    Dirk Nowitski
    Shawn Marion
    Elton Brand
    Carmelo Anthony
    Pau Gasol
    Kevin Garnett

    Any one of these players most likely deserve the spot before KG to me because their teams are over .500 and they are having career seasons as well. For real though I thought T-Mac shouldn't have been a starter because he hasn't really been playing the whole season and his team is way under .500. But hey its what the fans want. I see KG possibly getting in but it would definitely be a shame if any of these players were snubbed. But for real I think Carmelo might get snubbed because he's young and got plenty of chances to be in the all star game.

    yea, Melo will prolly get snubbed....I wouldnt say he has plenty of chances...he'll always have a challenge in the West for that spot.....if anything, KG always has chances cuz he'll give you the same stats every year(for a good while)....im sorta leaning towards not having him in the All Star game...cuz at some point, u gotta make the line up change...eventually, AI wont be a garenteed starter.....n at somepoint, things gotta switch over. That bein said, can you actually see the coaches not giving KG the spot.....i doubt it'll happen, his name alone will give him that spot. (not to say statistically he doesnt deserve it, but there are a lotta forwards out there who could and should very well make it before him)

  4. #44
    Janelly1810 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackwiz
    yea, Melo will prolly get snubbed....I wouldnt say he has plenty of chances...he'll always have a challenge in the West for that spot.....if anything, KG always has chances cuz he'll give you the same stats every year(for a good while)....im sorta leaning towards not having him in the All Star game...cuz at some point, u gotta make the line up change...eventually, AI wont be a garenteed starter.....n at somepoint, things gotta switch over. That bein said, can you actually see the coaches not giving KG the spot.....i doubt it'll happen, his name alone will give him that spot. (not to say statistically he doesnt deserve it, but there are a lotta forwards out there who could and should very well make it before him)
    I see your point there. I was just thinking that Carmelo still has time because all these players are at their primes right now and Carmelo still has time to peak. But you got a point as well though. But for real looking at KG's numbers compared to the rest of the forwards I just mentioned they are still almost better than most of the forwards I mentioned. They are almost better than Dirk's and definitely better than Gasol's numbers. With Brand though they are pretty comparable. But the Timberwolves record is what really hurts him though. I agree with you in saying I think other people should get a chance, especially if their team is winning and KG, even though his numbers are great, should probably get a snub because of his teams record.

  5. #45
    FLUENT Guest
    I think Garnett makes it, likely one of those Forwards will be picked as a C

    C - Garnett
    F - Brand
    F - Dirk
    F - Marion

  6. #46
    FLUENT Guest
    Someone tell Yao the game is in Alaska. Seriously, does anyone who is not Chinese wanna see this guy as an all star? I'm actually mad that I have to see him there

  7. #47
    Blackwiz Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by FLUENT
    Someone tell Yao the game is in Alaska. Seriously, does anyone who is not Chinese wanna see this guy as an all star? I'm actually mad that I have to see him there
    ur really lettin it get to you...its really not that serious, it doesnt bother me because the fans voted for him(even if most of them are asian)...now, if he didnt get voted as a starter and then voted as a reserve, then i'd have a problem.....but it aint no fluke...he was voted in....I mean, if you have a problem with Yao, then you should have a problem with T-mac in there too.

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    11,925
    Bench Forwards should be:

    F - Brand
    F - Marion
    F - KG
    C/F - Gasol

    Carmelo's team is only 2 games ahead of Minnesotta, so he doesn't really have the winning advantage. The 2 extra spots in the West are definately going to forwards because that's the tightest position. KG doesn't deserve if over Brand and Marion, but yes over Melo, and Tmac shouldn't be a starter, but he's got the Yao love.
    Raptors | Wizards | Clippers

  9. #49
    hooman1844 Guest
    THe rockets, one of the worse in the league, have 2 starters? Whack.
    Dirk, Duncan, Brand, Marion, Gasol are locks. So the last is down to KG/Melo...

  10. #50
    If KG doesn't make the all-star game I will pass out. He ranks number ONE in player efficiency rating. That is #1 in the whole NBA, not just guards. Plus he has 21.9 ppg, 11.2 rpg and 4.5apg. That is all-star numbers. The only forwards/centers I put before KG is Marion and Dirk (only this year) and Elton this year. So there are 6-8 f/c spots. He better get one of them.

  11. #51
    hooman1844 Guest
    That ranking is a made up stat by some ESPN guy...

  12. #52
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    11,925
    Oh man, I forgot about Dirk.

    Okay, let's see:

    Starters:
    F - McGrady
    F - Duncan

    Bench:
    (G-G-C)
    F/C - Dirk
    F - Brand
    F - Marion
    F - KG

    Basically both the other spots will have to be used for F's because their's so many good ones.
    Raptors | Wizards | Clippers

  13. #53
    There is

    Starters
    C, F, F, G, G

    Bench
    C, F, F, G, G, R, R

    That means there are at least 4 forwards. Plus the back-up center will be another F, so that is 5. Plus both reserves could be a F, that's up to 7. No way KG doesn't make it.

  14. #54
    Janelly1810 Guest
    Cool. Statwise he should make it, although for some reason I still see Carmelo getting snubbed this season though.

  15. #55
    Penny Guest
    I wouldn't be surprised if Kevin Garnett does miss out, Elton Brand, Pau Gasol, Dirk Nowitzki & Shawn Marion are all having great season's, and winning too!

    However this isn't the M.V.P award. Kevin Garnett's numbers are still some of the most impressive in the NBA, and for his position also. Regardless if he's winning or not, his stat line and his play is impressive to say the least. Think of it this way; without him how good are the Minnesota TimberWolves? Although you could suggest that I'm now using the same logic which is used to determine the M.V.P, my point however is somewhat different. That being: is it his fault his team is not shining as bright as the other Forwards' teamms, whose stat lines are not as good or equal to his?

    He's playing well (again), and one player can only do so much. I mean swap him and Shawn Marion ... all of a sudden he looks more like an All-Star, however I wonder how much of his teams winning percentage affects his selection ... ??

    I don't think it should. I mean, still, Kevin Garnett is one of, if not the best PF in the league. Is that not an All-Star? Or is an All-Star another player who has played at a higher level than the season prior? [See: Pau Gasol].

    His improvement has been greater than Kevin Garnett, but does that warrant him preferential selection? And again, does it matter that his team is doing better? Should it? [This being the stronger question in my stance]

    Let's take a look at the numbers and against the top four forwards in the Western Conference right now (in my opinion). Obviously excluding the current starters.






    Is he not playing as good or better than the other candidates?

  16. #56
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    11,243
    man.. west is wayy loaded with good fowards.. it wouldnt have been a problem if yao wasnt voted in..
    "like rosie o'donnell at a bisexual bridal shower"

    - Eli Porter

  17. #57
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    11,925
    Well it happens, Tmac also shouldn't have been voted in, but it happens.
    Raptors | Wizards | Clippers

  18. #58
    Blackwiz Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by og15
    Oh man, I forgot about Dirk.

    Okay, let's see:

    yea, i almost forgot about Dirk too....the West is loaded.....Penny, statistically hes better than all of them....and skillwise, he's arguably better than all of them, but should others get snubbed because they are playing great and their team is winning.....and yet, just cuz KG doesnt have a great team, he automatically gets the spot??

    Thats why I dont think his stats alone makes him a "gimme". Should Marion get snubbed?? Hes playing great and a main reason why the Suns are winning. You say is it KG's fault his team isnt that great.....well, is it Marions fault he has Nash? There has to be a point where the lineup has to get switched up, cuz it seems like, theres always a stretch where year after year, the same guys will get picked, well, thats gonna have to change eventually. KG has great stats, but his team is below .500 and really, no one is even talking about him, when you compare him to what the other forwards are doing for their teams.

    People say T-Mac shouldnt be there...because he isnt playing the greatest and his team is terrible....well, hes still got great stats.....obviously other things come up when you mention T-Mac.....but its like, I just dont know if KG is a "gimme" just cuz of his stats.






    FYI....yea, maybe T-Mac and Yao arent having the greatest season, but the two of them hadda be there........the game is in Houston...enough said.

  19. #59
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    11,925
    Well All-Star isn't the same as MVP in terms of the winning criteria. With similat players, the coache will take the winners, but if you're good, the coaches will vote you in. If you're an All-Star, though not a top level guy, like a Jason Richardson, and are on a 14-30 team or something like that, you won't get in over another guy who might have slightly lesser numbers on a superior team.
    Raptors | Wizards | Clippers

  20. #60
    Pointguard13 Guest
    ^^Like last year manu Ginobli got in averaging 15-4-4 while J-Rich missed out avering 21-6-4. That kinda sucks for him.

    Bench:

    G- Tony Parker
    G- Chris Paul
    F- Shawn Marion
    F- Dirk Nowitzki
    C- Pau Gasol
    F- Elton Brand
    F- Kevin Garnett

    Snub: Carmelo Anthony

  21. #61
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    11,925
    I think they'll snub Paul because he's a rookie, but I hope not, he deserves it over Baron and Ray Allen.
    Raptors | Wizards | Clippers

  22. #62
    Blackwiz Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by og15
    I think they'll snub Paul because he's a rookie, but I hope not, he deserves it over Baron and Ray Allen.

    if anything, they should put in a rookie...because of what hes doing.....its like nowadayz, veterans will always go in before rookies.....some argue that Lebron and Melo deserved it last year....but they were rookies....I hope Paul gets in....if he averaged about 3 or 4 more ppg, he's have a better rookie year than Lebron. People dont talk about that....but they were quick to compare everything Lebron did in his rookie year to everyone else in the past.

    I mean, look at it.

    16.5ppg
    5.6rpg
    7.5apg
    2.27spg

    The guy is doin his thang...

  23. #63
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    11,925
    I know, It's always big when it's 20-5-5, but the guy is averaging almost 17 points, 6 rebounds and 8 assists in his rookie year, not to mention 2.27 steals, and weaker West or not, him and David West are leading the Hornets to a playoff spot.

    I know they'll get spanked by whoever they play in the first round if they do end up making it, but for them to get there alone would be great. I hope he makes it too.
    Raptors | Wizards | Clippers

  24. #64
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    6,377
    I'd take Brand and Marion over Garnett..

  25. #65
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    11,925
    That doesn't prevent him from being an All-Star, so you really have not answered what the thread was asking. Their can be up to 4 forwards, and possibly 5 sine Dirk and Gasol can be listed as C's.
    Raptors | Wizards | Clippers

  26. Quote Originally Posted by Blackwiz
    if anything, they should put in a rookie...because of what hes doing.....its like nowadayz, veterans will always go in before rookies.....some argue that Lebron and Melo deserved it last year....but they were rookies....I hope Paul gets in....if he averaged about 3 or 4 more ppg, he's have a better rookie year than Lebron. People dont talk about that....but they were quick to compare everything Lebron did in his rookie year to everyone else in the past.

    I mean, look at it.

    16.5ppg
    5.6rpg
    7.5apg
    2.27spg

    The guy is doin his thang...
    Wow... I could have sworn I made a thread and brought Paul's stats to light and said he should be an allstar... and all you could say was there were better PGs in the league. Wow, so NOW he's doing his thing? His numbers were BETTER around the time I made that thread...

    Anyway... KG got robbed. And Adidas has allstar colors of his shoes prep for release soon. It'd be a marketing disater if he wasn't even in the game.

  27. #67
    Penny Guest

    Arrow He's still better than 'em all

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackwiz
    Penny, statistically hes better than all of them....and skillwise, he's arguably better than all of them, but should others get snubbed because they are playing great and their team is winning.....and yet, just cuz KG doesnt have a great team, he automatically gets the spot??
    To answer your question with a question; should Kevin Garnett miss out because he's playing better but on a worse team?

    Like I said, this ain't the M.V.P award. All-Stars are player's who are playing like All-Stars not player's who are playing improved and on a better team.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackwiz
    Thats why I dont think his stats alone makes him a "gimme". Should Marion get snubbed??
    Well it's tough, someone always has to miss out. What it should come down to is, who's playing better? In my opinion Shawn Marion's numbers, and game don't compare.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackwiz
    Hes playing great and a main reason why the Suns are winning. You say is it KG's fault his team isnt that great.....well, is it Marions fault he has Nash?
    Yes, he is playing great, and no it's not his fault he has Steve Nash. This is besides the point anyway. Who is playing better? I think Kevin Garnett is. His numbers are Super Star quality. I don't think he should be over looked because there is limited help on his team (if team records are weighted in significantly).

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackwiz
    There has to be a point where the lineup has to get switched up, cuz it seems like, theres always a stretch where year after year, the same guys will get picked, well, thats gonna have to change eventually. KG has great stats, but his team is below .500 and really, no one is even talking about him, when you compare him to what the other forwards are doing for their teams.
    I understand what you're saying, but again, why should Kevin Garnett miss out? His numbers are big time, and again, his team record shouldn't matter. He should not be penalised because other player's have better win records whilst their individual numbers are not as good.
    Dirk Nowitzki, Shawn Marion and Elton Brand, even Carmelo Anthony for arguments sake have a lot more help around them, and with them having better records of course they're going to be talked about more.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackwiz
    People say T-Mac shouldnt be there...because he isnt playing the greatest and his team is terrible....well, hes still got great stats.....obviously other things come up when you mention T-Mac.....but its like, I just dont know if KG is a "gimme" just cuz of his stats.
    Well you can't argue with what the fans want to see. They want to see Tracy McGrady.

    This is the All-Star game, with each Conference team being built with great individual player's. So why shouldn't individual play and numbers be more weighted in than team records - which I'm assuming would be the case if Kevin Garnett misses out.




    • Most efficient player in the NBA
    • #5 Total Rebounds Per Game (11.3) - 3rd in West for Forwards
    • #1 Defensive Rebounds Per Game (9.0)
    • #4 Double Doubles
    • #16 Points Per Game - 5th in the West for Forwards
    • Leads all Western Conference Fowards in Assists Per Game
    You cannot penalise him because he puts (at the least) All-Star numbers every season, just because a few other Western Conference forwards are playing better than they have before.

    My points are: team records shouldn't matter as much as individual numbers and play. He is playing better than any other Western Conference forward. It's not his fault his team ain't good.

  28. #68
    Blackwiz Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by XXL
    Wow... I could have sworn I made a thread and brought Paul's stats to light and said he should be an allstar... and all you could say was there were better PGs in the league. Wow, so NOW he's doing his thing? His numbers were BETTER around the time I made that thread...

    actually...I do remember....the problem is, every time I talk about the All star weekend, i look at it a lil different....because well, hes not better than J-Kidd, but statistically, like you did say, hes doing his thang......like Penny said, KG statistically is doing his thang, and since this isnt the MVP voting, then maybe he should be in it.


    eehh....iono...this whole all star mess is crazy...i swear, everytime i talk about it, i'll say something different because its looked at so many different ways.

  29. #69
    XSolidX Guest

    KG to the big apple?

    http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ar...the_big_apple/

    I reall really doubt this will happen.But i tried this trade out in the espn trade machine and the salaries matched and all so it will be able to go through.I dont know but reporters just like to mess with NY Knick fans minds and shyt lol.But im not so gullible so i doubt this will actually happen.

    The most likely scenario that will happen is Penny to the blazers for Ratliff and Miles.

  30. #70
    Man WTF?!?!?! Anybody but Frye and Nate. Knicks need to build something solid. KG is great and all, don't get me wrong but if he comes to the Knicks we're not gonna win any rings with just him. They need to find a way to keep Starbury, Frye, Robinson, Curry and Perry (wait, Perry's in my association , LOL) No seriously though they need to keep that core and build around it.
    JETER 3000
    EIGHTEEN AND DONE SON!
    NEW YORK GIANTS 2007 SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS

    RETURN TO PROMINENCE: NEW YORK SPORTS DOMINANCE

    Quote Originally Posted by OldRamsFan View Post
    I am gone. I will never post in this forum again, for three reasons:

  31. #71
    PS: I actually do like Lee's play.
    JETER 3000
    EIGHTEEN AND DONE SON!
    NEW YORK GIANTS 2007 SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS

    RETURN TO PROMINENCE: NEW YORK SPORTS DOMINANCE

    Quote Originally Posted by OldRamsFan View Post
    I am gone. I will never post in this forum again, for three reasons:

  32. #72
    al721 Guest
    knicks are probably gonna suck no matter what trade isiah makes.. im sorry.

  33. #73
    LakersFreak Guest

    MARK MY WORDS. KG A LAKER NEXT YEAR.

    That is all I have to say. It's not wishfull thinking. It is the truth, and with that, hand us few more rings. SORRY LAKERS HATERS

  34. #74
    Xx Yankee xX Guest
    ok man i want to see that.

  35. #75
    fewrookies Guest
    How do you figure?

  36. #76
    Master_Lue Guest
    Man, don't get me excited, and then crush me come next season!

  37. #77
    XSolidX Guest
    I heard that there was a lil rumor about that but i seriously doubt that is going to happen

  38. #78
    Xx Yankee xX Guest
    Kg will stay put in Minn.

  39. #79
    Noname Guest
    Why is Kobe going to the Knicks?

  40. #80
    Xx Yankee xX Guest
    he isnt but if he did the knicks would be awesome.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •