Thread: Suggestion for 2K9- what do you think?

charlieh81 Guest

Lightbulb Suggestion for 2K9- what do you think?

I know that 2K8 hasn't even been released yet, but I've had this Idea in my head ALL week long and I think that once this game is a success, this idea I have would only add to the depth of the next game.

I was thinking that Visual Concepts could add 1 extra Star level to each tier and allow you to start building your team with the option to select a COACH. For instance, If you want to use a GOLD star on a coach, you can select a guy like Don Shula, Chuck Noll, Tom Landry or Bill Walsh, a silver star will give you George Allen, Bill Parcells, Hank Stram or Jimmy Johnson, or using a Bronze will give you someone like Barry Switzer or George Seifert. Then once you select a Coach- whenever you go in to select players for your team, the Type of players that fit that coaches' system will be "recommended" by the coach-

For Instance- If you pick a guy like Bill Parcells, he will recommend Big Linebackers and Run Blocking Offensive Lineman. Also, when in the game your team will get a boost based on the way you play the game... with Parcells, running the ball alot and controlling the clock will give your O-Line an advantage when you get into the 4th Quarter.

Or with someone like Bill Walsh will get boost his team if your QB completes a lot of passes or if you're able to get the ball to a certain number of receivers.

I thought it would be an interesting concept. Also, it would be cool if there was a tailored Playbook for the Coach you select, or you could choose to create your own. Also, if you didn't want to pick a coach and go with a generic one- you could do that too, but you wouldn't get the benefits of the Boosts that you get from having a Gold, Silver, or Bronze level coach. Don Shula would have different upgrades than George Allen because of winning so many games and things like that.

willipx1 Guest
    thats the stupidest **** ever lol

Quote Originally Posted by willipx1
    No, that would be you, noob. Do us a favor and go find a Madden forum to troll.

It's an idea for sure...

Me, I have a problem with these stars and special abilities. EA has been doing that in their games for a while, and what they end up being are AI cheats. Watch what happens when a shutdown DB goes for an INT. He'll leap 12 feet sideways or something totally unrealistic and pick the ball off... at least that's what happens in EA's games.

Just bring back the ratings, and drop this star nonsense.

EmoMusicSux Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by willipx1
    Hehe lawl ya dats uber ghey...no actually willipx1 YOUR *** that is by far the BESt idea ive heard if 2k doesnt put that in next year ill be mad that is an awesome idea if i were you id would write them or something cause if that was in the game thatd be really really cool the only thing i dont like is that i somehow cant take any credit for it QQ jk but for real that is a great idea

dirtybird2002 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by baandje
    It's an idea for sure...

Me, I have a problem with these stars and special abilities. EA has been doing that in their games for a while, and what they end up being are AI cheats. Watch what happens when a shutdown DB goes for an INT. He'll leap 12 feet sideways or something totally unrealistic and pick the ball off... at least that's what happens in EA's games.

Just bring back the ratings, and drop this star nonsense.
    im pretty sure 2K has gone to great lengths to make sure that doesnt happen....havent heard any reports of it, and havent seen it in any previews...beinging back the 1-100 rating system is a HORRIBLE idea. I am so sick of it. and like they said, whats the difference between a 97 overall and a 95 in a game like this? their all superstars. dumb dumb dumb dumb.

XXclipsXX Guest
    But you are the coach though

charlieh81 Guest
    No you wouldn't BE the coach. It wouldn't be like Coaching mode in Madden or something. It would mean that if you played the game like that coach did, you would get more benefits.

Maybe the playbook could list two philosophies on Offense and Defense...

For example- Bill Parcells would have

OFFENSE- Run the ball and control the clock- average at least 5 yards a carry going into the 4th quarter and control Time of Possession
    DEFENSE- Stop the Run, hold opposing offenst under 4 yards a carry.

If you are successful in this as the game progresses, your team will get a "confidence" boost.

Each Philosophy would depend on the coach.

Again, it would be TOTALLY OPTIONAL. It would just give you an advantage to run your team the way the coach wants, but it wouldn't affect you negatively if you (in Parcells case) threw the ball 45 times and never ran the ball.

Again, you wouldn't BE the coach, you would just have a playbook tailored to what that coach was known for (what made them great) and It would be beneficial if you drafted a team that was tailored to that type of style.

Naturally if you had Bill Walsh and you got Montana and Rice, you would have players tailor made for his Offense, so the ability to execute would be higher.

If the NEXT game had Curtis Martin in it (if he's officially done) and he was in Parcell's Offense pounding the ball, or had a Possession receiver like Keyshawn Johnson- then the plays that you call would have a higher success rate because of the Coach.

Again, I don't know if it would need THAT much detail...

I just thought it would be cool when you start your team that you could also choose from Legendary Coaches so you could see them roaming the sidelines too. Personally I'd like the idea of seeing the '86 Bill Parcells roaming the sidelines and if you have a bad play or your QB gets picked off 2 or three times in a game you see the QB come off the field and try to AVOID Parcells and the coach just STARES him down while the announcers comment on the look Parcells is giving him.