Thread: OFFICIAL REVIEW ALL PRO 2K8 THREAD!

OFFICIAL REVIEW ALL PRO 2K8 THREAD!

PLEASE FOR THOSE WHO HAVE PLAYED IT TELL US ABOUT THE GAME!!! I PERSONALLY WOULD LIKE TO SPECIFICLY HOW THE GAME PLAY IS? IS IT SMOOTH/AMAZING LIKE NBA2K7?
    HoopsGaming.com

The graphics overall are extremely smooth. This game mirrors the fluidity of NBA2K7 and surpasses many of NBA's animation in overall smoothness. It looks to be quite evident that the artists of NBA2K7 also seemed to make this game as well. Many of the white guys have that same "zombie" look to them, but the black players look extremely well done.

PROS

- cutscene graphics look almost photo-realistic
    - transitional animations are best I've seen in a sports game
    - momentum system is completely refined and overall control is much improved
    - the abilities system does show in gameplay, and designing teams is very important
    - DB's play so much smarter. No more canned animations that leave DB's stuck
    - AI run and pass blocking is best I've seen in a football game

CONS

- You can't play quick game matches with pre-created teams. If you have friends over, they WILL have to make their own team. However, when making a quick team that allowed the CPU to pick all players, you will feel lost, so creating a team is the only way to really get to know who can do what.

- There was one glitch where my friend audibled on defense too quick and the defense just stood there while the offense lined up. I called a timeout to reset the play.

- Presentation isn't bad, but is bland when compared to 2K5. Stat overlays are quite generic, and there are no crowd cutscenes. However, the challenge feature looks much better, and there are no preset cutscenes. Simply think NBA2K7.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Graffin
    If you offer the world nothing but mediocrity, you will create a mediocre people

RedsFan30 Guest
    why are you yelling?

xrams Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepytercel
    The graphics overall are extremely smooth. This game mirrors the fluidity of NBA2K7 and surpasses many of NBA's animation in overall smoothness. It looks to be quite evident that the artists of NBA2K7 also seemed to make this game as well. Many of the white guys have that same "zombie" look to them, but the black players look extremely well done.

PROS

- cutscene graphics look almost photo-realistic
    - transitional animations are best I've seen in a sports game
    - momentum system is completely refined and overall control is much improved
    - the abilities system does show in gameplay, and designing teams is very important
    - DB's play so much smarter. No more canned animations that leave DB's stuck
    - AI run and pass blocking is best I've seen in a football game

CONS

- You can't play quick game matches with pre-created teams. If you have friends over, they WILL have to make their own team. However, when making a quick team that allowed the CPU to pick all players, you will feel lost, so creating a team is the only way to really get to know who can do what.

- There was one glitch where my friend audibled on defense too quick and the defense just stood there while the offense lined up. I called a timeout to reset the play.

- Presentation isn't bad, but is bland when compared to 2K5. Stat overlays are quite generic, and there are no crowd cutscenes. However, the challenge feature looks much better, and there are no preset cutscenes. Simply think NBA2K7.
    great job sleepy..... I'm 'bout 2hrs away from pure bliss...!!!!!

THANK YOU 2K SPORTS...!!!!! I KNEW YOU'D NEVER LET US DOWN...!!!!

Drunknfury xbgl Guest
    Ya sleepy, thanks man. I got my game at the one on campus ( were both in columbus.) First thing they asked me "wouldnt you rather have NCAA"