Thread: No Need to Worry About Christian Okoye

Hybrid View

Football4Life Guest

No Need to Worry About Christian Okoye

For all those worried about him beeing to good, its safe to say he is not a dominating player in this game. He is still an excellent bargain but if you were looking for Broken Tackle after Broken tackle look somewhere else.

Example-Im playing the game on Pro(1st Time in a real game) and I get Okoye up the middle with only a generic Free Safety in the way. I get giddy as all h.ell as I lower my shoulder and then watch in awe as I get rocked by the FS. Throughout the game I kept getting sent back to reality by LB's.

With that said, put your little worry some heads to rest 2K'ers

vicious776 Guest
    I got him on my team and it would always take my brother 3-4 players to get him down. He's a monster... great bargain for a bronze pick..

Depends how you use him. You have to have a certain style of formations for him. I am using him> while he's not going to break away for a long run. He does pound the ball a bit.

Football4Life Guest
    Word, it does take a couple guys to bring him down most of the time but alotta guys on here thought he would better than most Gold picks.

Hammertime80 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Football4Life
    Word, it does take a couple guys to bring him down most of the time but alotta guys on here thought he would better than most Gold picks.
    He is. People just don't realise he's a power back, not a speed back. Too many people are running him like Walter Payton. And you can't just lower yourself and bullrush defenders, that's just stupid. Cut the defender into thirds and ram his side, and watch that defender go flying. I'm averaging 250 yds a game with Okoye. He's a beast.

Shamrock6699 Guest
    I've been using him online and he's a beast. Plus he only gets better the more your run the ball. I've found that the powered down the shoulder charge big time in this game. Enough that I don't even bother using it with Okoye anymore.

He just keep tapping A really fast while running with him and he just shakes off all kinds of tackels. He's quick, but lacks any type of finishing speed. He will always get caught from behind on long runs. Although I've noticed in the 4th quarter he is way better. He's much faster to as I've broke a 76 yarder with him late in the game. It has to be because of the Workhorse skill.

While i dont get any 200 yards a game, i can get 100. The trick for okoye is do alot of power runs. Doing toss sweeps is a huge no no for this guy.

I have been lucky online today. No cheesers. all pretty damn sim players.

thePLAGUE Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by kcxiv
    While i dont get any 200 yards a game, i can get 100. The trick for okoye is do alot of power runs. Doing toss sweeps is a huge no no for this guy.

I have been lucky online today. No cheesers. all pretty damn sim players.

Thats cause they dont know how to cheese yet....Wait till they get more cormfortable with the game.

ndigilarmo Guest
    I got the Nigerian Nightmare on my team too and i play on all pro and im averageing about 90 yards a game with 5 min quarters no complaints Okoye he is a BEAST

chuckofessoill Guest
    I had him on my team for two games against the CPU. He gets nice yardage but I don't know. I also had dalton hilliard before him and he averaged more yards. I guess it comes down to the type of running style you prefer. That's what so great about this game.

11. Okoye is a monster

Unforgiven Guest
    I like him, but what ****es me off is he is having his motion coming to a dead stop from generic CB's and safeties .. I mean, wtf?!

JimiTH1RTE3N Guest
    Okoye is a steal @ bronze...

19 att 129yds 2tds in the 1st game with him...he is that dood 4 me.