Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IGN Review gives APF...

Ginabatulan818 Guest

IGN Review gives APF...

Dblock1111 Guest
    i know there wrong about one thing, " The NFL's overtime structure sucks. Everyone knows it. So why not try something new?" They did, its not sudden death, i won a game in double overtime the other day

The 1st next gen effort is not gonna be that good! 7.6 is an ok score but u get this and your a football fan your gonna get madden.

Madden has the NFL licence, Its at 60fps , you have gang tackle, U have the ability to playmaker defense and U have practice, mini camp, franchise , superstar etc. this will be the year that next gen really is in the game

cody Guest
    weird cause me and a guy played today and went into overtime and i won without him getting a chance

7.6 isnt a bad score.

usually ign gives pretty good reviews.

im sure no franchise took off a big chunk of that score.

tate/tluv Guest
    I am not surprised at IGN rating of 2K. To me, they seem pro EA. Last year, they gave Madden an 8 plus and that game was a retrend of previous games (simply gabbage).

TCP Guest
    they are right - what the hell do you want? for us, this is perfect. for the casual gamer, no replay value.

kaoticz Guest
    Exactly, they gave madden last year an 8.4, and it wasnt even worth playing one season through. 2k8 this year is far better than the last 4 years of madden. Even without the franchise mode, the gameplay aspect and online play are perfect. 2k8 will be docked for its lack of modes, but anyone with a brain will see that this game is the best football sim to day. Period.

APFThurmanAndre Guest
    I agreem but a 8.0 on gameplay is unfair, they gave NCAA a 8.0 on gameplay. IMO that is ********.

First n Line Guest
    lack of modes, that's the only reason. i expected this type of score

APFThurmanAndre Guest
    I expected this type of score also...but 8.0 for gameplay is wrong IMO.

Excaliber Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dblock1111
    i know there wrong about one thing, " The NFL's overtime structure sucks. Everyone knows it. So why not try something new?" They did, its not sudden death, i won a game in double overtime the other day
    Im sorry your recalling incorrectly bro. This game has overtime rules exactly that of the NFL - I just finished Tieing with the Beasts after 1 OT period earlier today.

APFThurmanAndre Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Excaliber
    Im sorry your recalling incorrectly bro. This game has overtime rules exactly that of the NFL - I just finished Tieing with the Beasts after 1 OT period earlier today.
    Thats in season mode only though.

Excaliber Guest
    Oh, okay - My fault.
    Anyway I thought th review was pretty spot-on, Though they could have talked more about what the game does well - how it moves better that anything out there, etc.

Whats ******** is Madden 06, NCAA 07, and Madden 07's scores in comparison with APF 2K8's

Despacio Guest
    Anyone agree to his complaint that the AI teams lack any distinction?I personally have not played enough of season mode to notice such thing yet.

Anyone?

hooverbranch Guest
    I agree with the review. I love this game and will still buy Madden but I know which game I am going to play more. And thats All-Pro. And for all you people who think this game stinks and isnt everything they wanted. All I have to say is this was the first attempt at nex-gen. Does anyone remember the difference from 2k4 to 2k5. I DO. And if they can do anything like that again for next year. WATCH OUT MADDEN!

gameplay 8..0...!!!???

APFThurmanAndre Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince_RIP4eVa
    gameplay 8..0...!!!???
    Thank you, I pointed this out twice and nobody said anything. NCAA got a 8.0 in gameplay, IGN is rediculous.

tate/tluv Guest
    my point is IGN is bias against 2k. There is no way Madden should have received 8.3 for their next gen verison. It was no better than the ps2. Check out their ratings for NBA live ver. 2k verisons. I went to an electronic store and saw NBA Live 07 on the PS3 and thought it was NBA Live 06 for the PS2. No difference in presentation or gameplay. But IGN rated it high.

TCP Guest
    yeah and that got them in a bit of a **** because even EA admitted they had a bad product.

hooverbranch Guest
    In my mind the true rating will be Game Informer. I dont usually trust IGN anyways. In the past Game Informer has been very fair with Madden and 2k. I remember 2k5 beat Madden in their ratings. And it was deserved.

the decider13 Guest
    I went back and looked at reviews for madden 06 on the 360. IGN gave it a 8 (which I'm pretty sure we all know it didnt deserve). They didnt focus nearly as much on the problems of it as they did with APF. Oh and gameplay on madden 06 got the same rating as APF.

Edit: Just noticed they also gave it an 8 on lasting apeal...while giving APF a 6 on lasting appeal. Seems a lil off right?

I call BS

The_Gamefather Guest
    I called it. Damn, I'm good!

ToyDingo Guest
    I get my reviews from gametrailers.com. They are very thorough and usually give a very fair score. I can't wait to see what they give apf.

I never liked IGN...they always seem tilted to me...

wbrnc Guest
    I like what i see. However since the reviews are mixed. I am going to rent it first. I am going to do the same with Madden. After the last two seasons of Madden. I am holding off on buying this years. As far as the reviews goes on APF 2k8. I do think IGN was a little rough at times. However, we should expect more out of the game being its from 2ksports. Gamespot review was short but had the same outcome. 7.6 is low for a football game. But of course the options in APF 2k8 are low as well. Well I am waiting for my rental of APF 2k8.

perryjl Guest
    I´m just glad they gave it alot better review than 1up. I guess i´m satisfied with the review. 7.6 isnt bad at all.

The_Gamefather Guest
    And just to show this community that I'm no EA Sports fanboy, I gave Madden NFL '06 a 5.4 in my GameSpot user review.

Twane37 Guest
    Right now I am satisifed with the game. Its good that they are pointing out what was missing in the game, but just imagine when they add franchise, more legends, and mini games to 2K9. What will they say then? I guarantee dem boys at EA are sweating already.

soda Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by the decider13
    I went back and looked at reviews for madden 06 on the 360. IGN gave it a 8 (which I'm pretty sure we all know it didnt deserve). They didnt focus nearly as much on the problems of it as they did with APF. Oh and gameplay on madden 06 got the same rating as APF.

Edit: Just noticed they also gave it an 8 on lasting apeal...while giving APF a 6 on lasting appeal. Seems a lil off right?

I call BS

I just did the same thing myself. They gave the Madden06 nothing lower than an 8.0 They actually said the word lame like 3 times in their video review and said it will make you 360 look nice and people will have fun playing it at the barber shop or something. They said it was stripped but they loved it. They talk about maddens "ROBUST" gameplay that made it great is what gave it an 8.0 in gameplay. They say no minicamp but he'll get tons of fun playing his friends. Madden has no leagues online or anything and they get 8 on lasting appeal. Doesn't make sense.

the decider13 Guest
    I'm glad I'm not the only one that went back and read madden 06's review. I was mad when i read he would have fun playing with his friends, even though all the modes were crap. But yet this has more online options, and pretty much the same offline options and scores much lower.

And same rating on gameplay? come on gamespot...you are my fav gaming site, but that is disgraceful

Enigmatic52 Guest
    Just to put this into perspective....

A review like Gamespot gave APF 7.5
    They gave NCAA a 8.0

Now go back and look at Madden's first entry in the NextGen....they gave madden 06 a 7.4

I believe that if 2k makes another APF it will be leaps and bounds over the next 2 madden installments. I feel they will add more features, make some graphically upgrades and just be an overall better game.

Look at what they did with NBA2k7 after 2k6. leaps and bounds people..lol
    Leaps and Bounds...

dagman Guest
    The lack of franchise warranted knocking the score down, but the gameplay is great and there is lots of good online support, so I think i should have got an 8/10.

DaProblemChildX Guest
    listen your all about to cry like lil B!+<hs .... its not just IGN giveing it a bad rateing ..gamespot gave it a bad rateing and if any of u guys get gameinformer in the mail they also gave the game a bad rateing .... and yeah not haveing a 2nd year did make have sites mark off alot for that but whos fault is that 2k's or the sites fault ... and not to mention the game did have alot of problems the being a LB and trying to move up to the line knowing the runs come on a 4and2 and my opp was inside my own ten and he was down my 6 so he need a TD .... so move the LB up to stuff it and wut happens that lil F@*$*@$@*$&*@*$&$@ glitch were they BUST THREW THE LINE happens and i get called for enchoarcment and lose the game ..... at the end of the day ALL ****** 2k8 suxs im getting madden 08 and selling this

realsports Guest

Talking I find it funny

It's funny That all you guys are crying about the reviews, when you were the same ones that though Greg Thomas infamous quote "Just Shut up and Play", don't worry about franchise stuff, was brillant..... Well? Shut and play and don't worry about the reviews. 2k got what was coming to it by putting out a half ***** game at 60 bucks.... so just "shut up and take the sucky reviews" they deserve everything that comes to them for this game.

Hopefully next year will be better, until then, I'm going to continue hitting up the 2k5, still the best after all these years, unbelievable.

DaProblemChildX Guest
    i co -sign this man ^^^^^

tate/tluv Guest
    There is always going to be people who can't express themselves without trying to put others opinions down. We were discussing the comparison of madden v. 2k8 on the official review sites. If you make the comparisons of the two games, you can't determine madden rank higher, period. ProblemChild get a dictionary.

DaProblemChildX Guest
    i relli couldnt care less bout spelling **** im gettin the point across with the quickest way possible ya diiiggggg

dru Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tate/tluv
    There is always going to be people who can't express themselves without trying to put others opinions down. We were discussing the comparison of madden v. 2k8 on the official review sites. If you make the comparisons of the two games, you can't determine madden rank higher, period. ProblemChild get a dictionary.
    What exactly are you basing this on, considering Madden is still weeks from release?

Fanboys are so funny.

perryjl Guest
    As i said before, 7.6 is not a bad rating. It&#180;s not the best of course but it&#180;s not bad. I can accept that. This game is still a great game to me and i will continue to play it. The only bad review i seen so far is 1up, but every other reviews seems okay to me. I would have gave the game a 8.0 though, but once again, i&#180;ll take a 7.6

tate/tluv Guest
    If you look at Madden's first attempt at next gen. against 2k8 first attempt, there is no comparison. Madden produce the same weak gaming presentation and play 3 years in a row and got high ratings. 2k8 was criticized by IGN for having the same gaming engine as 2k5.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast