Thread: Two Defensive Ends or Two Defensive Tackles?

2Nyce Guest

Two Defensive Ends or Two Defensive Tackles?

Well...this is my team.

OLB Derrick Thomas
    CB Rod Woodson

CB Lem Barney
    OLB Greg Lloyd
    DT Keith Millard

QB Jim Harbaugh
    RB Christian Okoye
    TE Pete Metzelaars
    WR Rob Moore
    WR John Taylor
    DT William Perry

I am wondering...what is more effective? Two Defensive Ends or Two Defensive tackles?

If I go after two DE I am thinking of getting Youngblood and Clyde Simmons instead of William Perry and Millard.

Opinions?

Go Marcels Guest
    I use two DEs(Bethea and Simmons) and love it. I originally did a DE and DT, and once I switched to 2 DEs I never looked back. Never tried 2 DTs so can't help you there.

If you get 2 DEs try Elvin Bethea, he's got a really nice swim move and gets past his blocker pretty quickly. For silver DEs I've tried Youngblood, Too Tall, and Bethea. In order of great to worst I'd have to say it goes Too Tall, Bethea, Youngblood. Youngblood is really good and I like him, but for some reason I was having better luck with Bethea(maybe you can do better with him). And Simmons is great at the pass rush and run coverage btw.

GettinJuggy90 Guest
    Youngblood is the best defensive end in the game. Followed by dexter manley and harvey martin

get 1 DT and 1 DE.. and Sub the DE on the right side. and have the DT on the left side..
    NGB-WS-MN-Chapter 4
    Chris Akwuegbu-5'10-PG-Nets-22.6PG-8.9RPG-3.0APG

Lorax Guest
    I think regardless of which way you go - both ways are likely to be effective. If you take DE's then make those DTs run stuffers. If you take DT's then make your DE's Pass rushing. Then see which work best for you.

NJake Guest
    DT's are more for stopping the run, and DE's are more for pass rushing

the decider13 Guest
    I always get one of each...usually simmons and fridge

nyknicks33 Guest
    I got the late 80's early 90's philly D-line...Reggie White, Keith Millard, Jerome Brown, Clyde Simmons..its rather fun

Mike Williams Guest
    I use Reggie White, Dan Hampton, William Perry & Jack Youngblood. With Jessie Tuggle ILB, Lloyd OLB. Nothing moves by them.

nyknicks33 Guest
    ^^^ Dan Hampton is a under used beast in this game

DeusExMachina Guest
    2 DE's works pretty well but I prefer 1 DE and 1 DT.

notque Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Nyce
    Well...this is my team.

OLB Derrick Thomas
    CB Rod Woodson

CB Lem Barney
    OLB Greg Lloyd
    DT Keith Millard

QB Jim Harbaugh
    RB Christian Okoye
    TE Pete Metzelaars
    WR Rob Moore
    WR John Taylor
    DT William Perry

I am wondering...what is more effective? Two Defensive Ends or Two Defensive tackles?

If I go after two DE I am thinking of getting Youngblood and Clyde Simmons instead of William Perry and Millard.

Opinions?
    I've made that exact same team before with youngblood instead.