Thread: Top APF 2K8 patch requests

dagman Guest

Top APF 2K8 patch requests

What things do you feel 2K Sports should patch in APF 2K8? Keep in mind that patches are generally only used for bugs, serious issues, and small changes. i.e. You can't ask for a franchise mode via a patch.

Here are some of my patch requests:
    -Fix the running into the stands to block an extra point bug.
    -Fix the control on defense . . . it is just too sluggish & hard to control. That really needs to be fixed.
    -Fix the online leagues. This is a big fix, but it is a big fix on their servers I think. I was involved in a league that never quite got off the ground because the league creation wasn't working correctly. Teams were listed wrong, accessing the league would hang your 360, etc.
    -Tweak the fumble chance to just have a few more (not much more).
    -Perhaps a little player balancing. Is Earl Campbell a little too hard to stop? Is Jerry Rice a little too good at catching anything?
    -Make the Flea flicker a little less successful. It is a complex risky play and it should result in a fumble more often than other plays (on the HB to QB toss).
    -Dont allow quitters to leave ratings.

What else should they try to patch?

OldRamsFan Guest
    Ability to save as many teams as you want, or at least to save multiple roster files.

tcceeh Guest
    With as few as they have sold I wouldnt count on a patch for anything. But if they did, remove created players in ranked games.

BofaDeezNutts Guest
    - Fix the kick returning game (every kick return should not be like a Dante Hall highlight reel)

- Players catching passes clearly out of bounds and it still being called a catch.

- Fix the challenge play bug for incompletion/fumble (every time this has happened and the play is challenged, even though it gets rukled a fumble the O retains possesion of the ball

- Fix the slight player warps from being on the ground and out of reach to being wrapped around the ball carriers waist

- Fix the 180 warp(missing frames or something) when a diving player gets spun around

- Allow playbooks to be saved and then loaded for your other teams (prob not very likely for a patch/or is it already doable?)

- Fix the lack of PI calls (I'm no football guru or anything but I'm pretty sure it's PI when a DB blocks a recievers route after 5 yards)

- Make the ball less 'floaty' on the tips and stuff(maybe is just me, but it seems like it's filled with helium)

- On the final stage of play selection for D, show the D-lines assignments as well as the shell (as is, when asking coach, you haven o idea what the d-line is doing)

- Add D-Line assigments to the play when pulling left trigger on the field

There's probably some more I've been noticing lately, but I have drawn a blank at the moment. More later maybe.

-

STLRams Guest
    1.Fix the PS3 sixaxis controller option for on/off. This is destroying PS3 online running with the ball.!!
    2. Fix the WR and DB dropping easy balls.
    3. Implement the ability for one or two players to choose from premade legends teams in exhibition games.
    4. Fix the instant replay glitch when playing the game in fast speed.

CmV Guest

grazzt69 Guest
    -Definately need to be able to save multiple roster files
    -If possible, break out the playbook from the roster file. You should be able to independently assign a playbook to any team - not have to re-create one for each new team. Or at least be able to copy a playbook over to another team.
    - Fix the playcalling by package, doesn't work correctly now.
    - Remove the lag during playcalling. Transition from selecting formation to play should be quicker. Often can't get to defensive play in 10 seconds if you wait to see offensive package before deciding on what formation you want to counter with. (probably not something that can be fixed with a patch unless you can get playscreens to load faster)

Colspartan Guest
    doubles numbers

10. You should be able to edit the names and numbers of generic players. I created a Jacksonville Jaguars type team, with Mathis on it. And I have 2 generic players with the number 27, along with Mathis, I have 3 #27's on defense.
    Permanent Sig Until Jaguars Win The SuperBowl.Started 1/13/08

NBA: Mavericks-Pistons
    NFL: Jaguars

GT: MR Dudikov213

Quote Originally Posted by OldRamsFan
    Ability to save as many teams as you want, or at least to save multiple roster files.
    QFT

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by guffwave
    Vick is extremely accurate, even more so than Peyton Manning some times...

Quote Originally Posted by guffwave
    Vick is a hall of fame qb

play_ur_way Guest
    Make it to where you won't face two of the same players when playing season mode, sucks having too face your own players, tone down the online comeback code bad players get big plays although their running the same one over and over and have no skill just too keep games close.

Fix the pre-reading defenses when playing the cpu(not even ray lewis can read every offensive play) a carry over from 2k5, I know this won't happen but patch in a bare bones franchise or something facing the same players week in and week out gets real old real fast my team changes the scrub players change somewhat but the legends stay on the same teams no matter what, And fix the online weather for rain or snow big homefield advantage.

I hate too say what has been said a thousand times already if 2k made a bare bones franchise of anykind i would'nt buy madden at all but facing the same types of teams and players online & offline just plain sucks i hope they patch in different players whether they be scrubs or legends and maybe a couple of new teams. Well it looks like i too get madden for my franchise fix building a team.

budsclass201 Guest
    - Fix the 2 FG block glitches

- Tone down Earl and other super players just a bit. I know he was a beast in real life but no way a person can run through defenders and not even slow down one bit. Yes I've seen the videos of him on boobtube and if you think the way he plays in this game is realistic, please lay off the crack pipe.

- Fix the catch in/out of bounds. Too many times the receiver was out clearly on replay and the review said otherwise

- In single player, sometimes they'll be commentating on a replay and the replay isn't showing.

- Once in a great while online (not sure about off), the ref will say the opposite of what the outcome of the challenge was.

- patch the cheesers and glitchers

- auto strafe set to off on default online ranked games.

- Turn off accelerated clock in online ranked games.

- Almost forgot: PLEASE tone down the cadence calling off sides. I was called offsides 8 times in one game online. The guy just hit fake hike button over and over and over on every play.

- Onside kicks are way too easy to recover for the kicking team imo. I've had a lot of close games and out of around 20 onside kicks, 9 were recoverd by the kicking team.

Super Hot Stud Guest
    Fix the challenge call on out of bounds plays. I've seen 9 out of ten times when the player is one foot in, one foot out, the officals still says the catch is good. This is on of only 2 or 3 gripes I have with the otherwise stellar game.

OldRamsFan Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Hot Stud
    Fix the challenge call on out of bounds plays. I've seen 9 out of ten times when the player is one foot in, one foot out, the officals still says the catch is good. This is on of only 2 or 3 gripes I have with the otherwise stellar game.
    Since this a "legends" game, maybe it's using the old "one foot in bounds" rule.

But most of the time, the game does require 2 feet, so who knows...

Unless it depends on who's catching the ball. For instance, if the legend is from the 1930s, he is only required to have 1 foot in bounds, whereas a more modern player would be required to have 2 feet in bounds.

I am of course just kididng about all of this.

semyname Guest
    def fix the fact the quitters can leave ratings. i've been quitted on twice and each time they have left negative feedback. WHY?! THEYRE THE ONES THAT QUIT!!!

freshness601 Guest
    -Fix reciever's AI.
    *If they're "route gods" they shouldn't have the option route n pick the route that goes into coverage.
    *The recievers should fight for the ball, instead of letting it get picked off without puttin' up their hands

-Fix the dropped balls, nuff said.
    *tipped balls feel more like baloons floatin' in the air. And its way to many tip drills.

-Fix defensive tackle success
    *Im not knockin' the engine, it's the best. But Earl Camble, Okye (or however you spell it) seem unstopable once they get pass the D-Line.

-Fix the DB AI
    *I've always felt the 2k games have lacked here in all their games. The DBs do weird things when trying to defend the ball. Sometimes they'll run pass the ball and try to use their back hand to get it.

*When the ball is a floater and my DB is right there... My DB SHOULD NOT BE RUNNIN' BACKWARD TRYIN' TO MAKE A BREAD BASKET CATCH!! ANNOYIN AS A MUTHA****A!

*They miss alot when they're swatting at the ball.

*Take off auto strafe!

*The recievers break alot even if the DB has 'em blanketed when they catch it. For some reason the DB will run pass them instead of just making the tackle.

-Fix the QB motion for deep balls
    *They take a step to many before heaving the deep ball. Sometimes they even run pass the line of scrimmage.

Mnvic19 Guest
    -Remove auto-strafe completely or have the controls more responsive the moment a user reacts to a play.

-Remove feedback privileges to all users who quit.

-If a player is winning a game and his opponent is lagging or suspected to be glitching, winning player should have a right to quit without taking a loss.

-Show accurate ping status on all players in the lobby

-Extra point glitch should be removed.

-Have a strip ball feature for defenders to cause fumbles.

Does 2K even pay any attention to these requests??

doobiouscannibis Guest
    i dissagree with what the accelerated clock being set ot off by default. the accelerated clock is a must have in a football sim. how often does a team actualy manage to completely change their package and formation in five to ten seconds. it forces you to use the no-huddle offence like in the real world and properly uses game clock time.

id rather the default time for a game be 7 minutes instead of 5 while 10 seems a bit too long.

FIX
    Obvious out of bounds catches that are called a catch.

Lag that occurs sometimes after plays where you can not begin to call a play for almost 10 seconds.

Ability to import playbooks so you don't have to reselect with every team you make.

You have Offensive Formation Specific Audibles, so why not the same for Defense?!?!?

Better KO coverage. Everyone runs to the returner and leave the outside wide open.

I get off what is suppose to be a good punt, but yet no one is ever downfield like when the computer does the same. I catch the ball and there are always 3-4 tacklers already within 5 yds of me. I'm hit seconds after the catch. The cpu gets the luxury of 10 yd sprints. Keep in mind I'm talking high prefect, timing, fast throttle and centered stick.

Fix some of the Zone and Blitz direction settings.
    Blitz left/right doesn't not always work.

Fix the DL attack angle. Sometimes it is flipped despite me NOT flipping the play.
    Can really kill a game if you trying to gap right and your DL decides to gap left.

Yes tone down Earl. Otherwise, replace the cover of APF 2k9 with just Earl on it.

Why not be able to select the generic fill'ins on the defensive side of the field like on the offense????????

Fix the swapping CB's in mixed Man/Zone coverage when you flip the play.
    They do this slow motion swap strafe to get to the other side of the field.

Increase the time a tad for Late Hit Calls. I've seen some where the guy wasn't blown dead and the player was already in motion for a player going down. Not much time, just a little longer because many times there is no whistle blown.

Fix some of the animation transitions. I've seen some players make miraculous recovers off the ground and back into a running state full speed ahead.

Fix the awareness for INT's to even things up with the CPU. It just seems if you get an INT someone is almost always there to tackle you.

Slow down some of the Linemen on both sides. I've seen guys running up on Barry and I'm sorry, I shouldn't have to win a tap battle for Barry Sanders to out run a 300+ lb DL'men.

The same with the OL. DB's shouldn't have to win the tap battle to out run some of the OL players after INT's or whatever.

Finally....
    Bring me onboard for Q&A. Some things just should be caught and it isn't being caught.

I hope you guys are hooking up with a person who can provide true voice sync animations.

Oh.. I know all of this won't be fixed, but you know this gives you something to pick and choose from. Bring me on and the list won't be quite as long.
    COWBOYS... AMERICA'S TEAM!

If I accept or challenge... I finish the game.

4SteelersFanatic20 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by thedude213
    You should be able to edit the names and numbers of generic players. I created a Jacksonville Jaguars type team, with Mathis on it. And I have 2 generic players with the number 27, along with Mathis, I have 3 #27's on defense.
    lol, i agree you should definately be able to edit the scrubs (like in blitz). it would also be nice to have multiple rosters, and say 25 created players (so i can have 2 full nfl teams). i think the momentum on defense is a tad too high, it seems like u barely move the thumbstick and ur guy goes 5-7 yards.

One more thing....

I haven't played online yet, though that will begin shortly, but I'm hearing alot about bad ratings and quitters.

Keep it simple.
    If you quit for whatever reason you don't get to rate.
    - Whether we think they are cheating or not or whether they are just childish to accept losing.
    - Just cancel the rating and log the quit. I think after so many quits there needs to be a penalty. Again, I don't care WHY you quit, unless we are talking something extreme like stalking etc.... I think a player needs to be penalized in some fashion for quitting.
    Not every game is going to flow like we want. We choose to play so we need to play the games through. After all it is just a game.

Would keeping a so called [session state] values be enough to assist why people may be Drop Glitching? In other words keep a small significant set of stats of the game to determine whether a person keeps suddenly dropping when losing because the [state] stats gets recorded specifically for drops.

I logged on the other night to see how the ping looks on my system.
    It started out all red and then went all green. I'm glad I wasn't playing because at some point my router screwed things up for some reason and I had to reset it to get things back up.

Other than that.... I love the game!
    The visible play art of your opponent isn't as bad as I thought.
    I had a qb and didn't know I could use it, but it has enough limitation where it should be exploited if a player know what to do.

Look for Defense Formation specific audibles most of the formations have similar plays.
    Cover 2 man. So if I'm in 3-4 and I have Dime Cover 2 man then when the call comes in make the Cover 2 man 3-4 rather than a Dime. This could be a unique option to make the audible stay in the formation or force to the formation you called. ;-)
    COWBOYS... AMERICA'S TEAM!

If I accept or challenge... I finish the game.

OldRamsFan Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by thedude213
    You should be able to edit the names and numbers of generic players. I created a Jacksonville Jaguars type team, with Mathis on it. And I have 2 generic players with the number 27, along with Mathis, I have 3 #27's on defense.
    Gotcha beat. When I run a Nickel defense, I have four 21s.

4SteelersFanatic20 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by semyname
    def fix the fact the quitters can leave ratings. i've been quitted on twice and each time they have left negative feedback. WHY?! THEYRE THE ONES THAT QUIT!!!
    definately!!!!!

Spatta04 Guest
    make okye a silver not a bronze can't believe a bronze has that many abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Hot Stud
    I HATE this BS. I was playing a game where a guy caught a ball and got only 1 foot in bounds under 2 minutes. The booth reviewed it and even though he clearly only got 1 foot (i.e. there was no toe drag or anything like that) in bounds they called it a catch. I just said what the hell, is this college rules? Then to my astonishment Shannon Sharpe caught a bomb TD where he jumped in the air, caught the bal in the air and landed with both feet at least a foot out of the back of the endzone. It was called a TD, reviewed, and it held up!!! Why do we even have a review/replay system if 70% of the time the call on the field goes against the call that is obvious from the replay ?
    GT: tpaterniti
    The PS2 Roster Editor (but I no longer have rosters)
    7th/8th Grade Tournament Champion

www.2kfootballstrategy.com

freonsmurf Guest
    A damn Mercy rule.

When the other team is up by more than 3 touchdowns give the players an option to end the game.

Offer Mercy.
    Grant Win.

KingKRool Guest
    Make kicking a little easier.

Klink Guest
    Fix the controls so that you can easily make D-Line adjustments, secondary adjustments, and LB adjustments using a single controller configuration. I can't imagine how this got past the QA department (assuming there even is one).