Thread: Workhorse Questions.

CmV Guest

Post Workhorse Questions.

1. Does workhorse effect last forever or only one game.

2. If you edit your player's position/take-out workhorse, will he become bad again?

3. Do you have to finish a game for Workhorse to work (I'm guessing yes).

Can anybody answer any of these?

Kdrontle Guest
    1. ONE game to my knowledge

2. Workhorse doesn't make you "good" or "bad"

3. No, it works throughout a game... if you feed your RB online 20 carries he'll be real tough those last 10 carries especially.

notque Guest
    1. One game
    2. I have no idea what you're asking.
    3. I have no idea what you're asking.

Workhorse means the player gets a stat boost the more he runs. That's it.

The Jayhawker Guest
    Didn't you ask this on another thread?

NJake Guest
    probably did..

clarkk41 Guest
    Work horse functions per game. Theres no game to game carry over. Its as simple as it reads. The player gets better the more carries you give them. If you take that attribute away the rb will not improve with the more carries he receives he will basically stay the same. I notice that after the half my rb always performs better. It may also be me though. I always play better the second half after having figured out what my opponents tendencies are.

Super Hot Stud Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by clarkk41
    Work horse functions per game. Theres no game to game carry over. Its as simple as it reads. The player gets better the more carries you give them. If you take that attribute away the rb will not improve with the more carries he receives he will basically stay the same. I notice that after the half my rb always performs better. It may also be me though. I always play better the second half after having figured out what my opponents tendencies are.
    I think that is true, but remember the defenses are wore down by the late 3rd quaret. I find that I run better in the 4th quarter myself.

ScottyP Guest
    I try to get Natrone Means a good 10 -15 touches through the first half if I can.

By midway through the 3rd, he is damn difficult to stop. In the 4th, 10 yards at a time start coming pretty easily.

2Nyce Guest
    I always run in the first quarter if I have a workhorse RB.

I never pass. Why? Because my defense can keep the score low.

So, in the second quarter, my RB is a MONSTER. And he will still get better as the game goes on.

Kdrontle Guest
    I have Means at running back as well. I feel that if you let me run early, the game will be a blow out. Not only will I hold onto the ball, my D will be fresh and my RB will only get stronger. Once you commit too much to the run, 50 yard touchdowns start popping up, its a vicious cycle. Something as simple as stopping the slow, fat, bronze Means turns into a simple yes/no on your chance to even contend.

ScottyP Guest
    Yeah ... Means is a beast if he gets enough touches. If their run defense is good, I may even go 3 and out several times in a row just getting his touches in. If their run D is bad, it's going to be a long game for them from the get go.

I've played a number of games where I'm down by 14 or so at half and have no problem coming back in the second half. By then, I've figured out their offense and can hopefully stop it. If I can stop the offense, Means just goes wild and I slowly claw my way back in.

bigcdiddy16 Guest
    My question would be if the workhorse ability for running backs only works on his rushing attempts or does he get stronger with every touch he gets such as swing passes and screens?

Kdrontle Guest
    I'd imagine it is for all touches. "The more he gets the ball the stronger he gets".

And yeah Scotty I felt like Means was my own dirty little secret! I have yet to face anyone using him online, or basically much of anything for bronze RB's for that matter. He is definitely super underrated. I've had way too many 200+ rushing yard games out of him with 5 minute quarters and accelerated clock. I have 2 legend G offensive linemen and i always run powers and counters... works ridiculously good. Have that Delallamure or whatever his name is (a silver) he has brick wall and speed burner. I'll tell you what, you run that "Strong power-O" out of I form with him pulling from the weak side and you get upfield, things get messed up.

OL is underrated in this game, especially the guards. Imagine how nice your screens look and your power run plays when a legend comes flying through sealing off anything close for the guaranteed big play?! Also, never having any pressure up the middle because those guys are holding down any DT, and isos work great too?! I swear it should be a must for any power running team... guess nobody else has followed suit.

ScottyP Guest
    I had some O line guys for awhile and then ditched them in exchange for more defense.

Having them certainly helps, even if people don't think so, but even with generics, Means WILL start moving the ball later in the game if you give him the chance. I do have Eric Green at TE which helps seal off that strong side pretty well, but also gives me a receiving option. He doubles as my blocker/receiver on the line.

Means doesn't have the breakaway speed to take it to the house, but I've rattled off some pretty big gains with him before they chase him down. I always used bronze guards and tackles. Maybe I'll give a silver a shot on the line.

2Nyce Guest
    A best blocker for a RB is a FB by the name of Daryl "Moose" Johnston.

This guy just rapes.

Kdrontle Guest
    I was considering getting moose.. but so much blocking talent for little ol' natrone?! i dont know. I do strongly suggest guards being top priority on any run oriented team, at give it a test drive.

Kdrontle Guest
    BTW 2nyce your offense would be a mismatch for the best of defenses... holy buckets

How does the run D hold up with lambert and banks?

2Nyce Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Kdrontle
    BTW 2nyce your offense would be a mismatch for the best of defenses... holy buckets

How does the run D hold up with lambert and banks?

That's not my team.

I haven't re-done my sig.

This is my team.

CB Rod Woodson
    CB Night Train Lane

DT Keith Millard
    DT Jerome Brown
    FB Daryl Johnston

QB Jim Harbaugh
    RB Natrone Means
    DE Dexter Manley
    DE Clyde Simmons
    OLB Carl Banks
    OLB Otis Wilson

The point of my team is to cause hell to the pocket and force them to throw a bad pass or get the sack.

Chances are, if they throw a bad pass, It will get picked off. Not only that, but it will stop the run completely. Try and bounce it to the outside? Rod Woodson or Night Train Lane will make that stop, seeing as they are good run stoppers. Or better yet, Simmons or Manley will push their blockers back pushing the linemen into the RB and having Carl Banks or Otis Wilson making that stop.

My offense on the other hand, is a ball controlled offense. I plan on running most of the time and throw in an occassional pass. The generic receivers in the game seem to be pretty decent, so I wouldn't need a legend WR.

My run game is nasty. Moose does a great job picking up blocks and giving Natrone Means some extra yards. Once Natrone gets 15-20 carries, all hell breaks loose and he becomes a monster.

ScottyP Guest
    That's a scary looking defense.

I had the 2 gold CB thing on one of my teams. Then 2 silver OLBs and then 2 bronze DE's

This worked pretty well on defense and I employed the same strategy. If I could hurry the QB, those corners were just waiting around for the pick. With only 6 guys on D, I had a few more options on offense.

2Nyce Guest
    I am thinking of adding Okoye instead of Means, but Okoye seems to slow. Any other good backs?

ScottyP Guest
    I liked Watters at the silver spot. You could throw him in there and change Moose to Rathman in the bronze slot. Or look at any other silver back for that matter.

In Bronze, I had some success with Megget. He isn't a bruiser, but he's pretty quick.

Go Marcels Guest
    Hey 2Nyce, who's making more plays for you at DT? Millard or Jerome Brown...haven't tried either yet but am kinda curious to see what they're capable of...

2Nyce Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Marcels
    Hey 2Nyce, who's making more plays for you at DT? Millard or Jerome Brown...haven't tried either yet but am kinda curious to see what they're capable of...

Well, believe it or not, neither.

I don't get a lot of sacks with them. It's mostly my DEs.

They make the pocket collapse and the QB runs to the outside and either the OLBs make the sack or the DEs.

If they don't make the sack, it is a bad throw and it is either picked off or an incomplete pass.

I made this team today btw, so I can't really say who has done more damage. I will play more games later.

But, Keith Millard is always doing a great job pushing his man back.

HotShot232 Guest
    I like megget myself. His quick feet and can change direction very quickly

Mnvic19 Guest
    Everyone is talking about Means, but he isn't the only workhorse back in the game. Is there some other abilities he has that no other back has?

2Nyce Guest
    Because he is overlooked and overshadowed by Okoye.

He is one of the best RBs in his category.

Kdrontle Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mnvic19
    Everyone is talking about Means, but he isn't the only workhorse back in the game. Is there some other abilities he has that no other back has?
    He's faster, has more acceleration, and is more agile than Okoye, and I personally think he has very similar branching tackles. Just because a little "ability" doesn't say it doesn't mean the guy can have other positive qualities.

ScottyP Guest
    Natrone Means Bizzzznesssss

Try him, you'll like him. Better yet, don't try him and leave him to those of us who have found a good thing