Thread: Realistic Sim Settings

JoeRockEHF Guest

Realistic Sim Settings

I currently have one Career Legacy as Morehead State going on that I play and although I'm getting my butt handed to me handedly, it's major fun. I want to start a second Career Legacy and "watch" the games (CPU vs. CPU) while I have something else going on.

For example, my Dad and I will be painting half of my room tomorrow and I won't actually have time to play my first legacy with Morehead State but I'd be able to listen and glance at the screen while my second legacy will be playing the game.

I'm wondering if there are any good settings or if anyone knows how realistic the CPU vs. CPU results are? I've watched a couple 20 minute half games and although the score came out somewhat realistically (maybe a tad high), I believe there are WAY too many three point attempts. I've used a few different teams and they all pass around to try and find the open guy on the outside until the shot clock runs down and then throw it up with a defender in his face at the last second. Even teams without a decent three shooter have done this. So any help on the matter of CPU vs CPU game settings would be a help. Thanks.

the sliders that you use right now they wouldn't work in this case?

JoeRockEHF Guest
    So far the games that I've watched to see how realistic they were used the default sliders. Everything in the game looks generally good besides the annoying shoot the three first mentality. I don't watch a lot of college basketball in real life besides some Arizona or Michigan games and March Madness but I don't think it's normal to have three of your players shoot twelve to thirteen times from behind the line. I didn't want to mess with the sliders in fear of messing up maybe other aspects of the game.

I use the default sliders as well for my first legacy but the CPU doesn't try the three everytime then. Probably my easy defense that lets them drive through the middle, lol.

I never let the CPU play CPU, but I don't know. I would say just lower the three point shoot first, and put drive up higher. That might be the best thing to do. Other than that I really don't know any sliders that are good for just that reason. I posted some sliders in a sticky so if you want you can use that, but I don't know how it will turn out.

JoeRockEHF Guest
    Sounds good, I'll tinker around a bit and see what I get. Do moving the sliders a point or two really do anything or do you have to move by like five to see a difference?

I dunno I have my shooting set really low at 35 for close and what not. Some you do have to bump up to see changes while others are just a little bit to see a big change. Depends on the slider you are adjusting.

JoeRockEHF Guest
    Well, I moved the sliders around. Five less for the three point tendency and five more for the drive tendency. So far so good. My guys now don't shoot the ball with a hand in their face everytime and are driving and making better shots inside as well.