Thread: How will the team formerly known as the Sonics benifit?

unstopable31 Guest

How will the team formerly known as the Sonics benifit?

With a new city (state for that matter), mascot, colors, and fanbase how will the team formerly known as the Sonics benifit with all these changes. Will they benifit at all or will they be worse than last year?

NorcalBalla23 Guest
    They are moving to Oklahoma...they got damn good fans.

Hot_Boy9 Guest
    They'll probably have a 35-40 game winning season, but wont make the playoffs cause they're in the Western Conference still...

The 504 Refugee Guest
    here in Oklahoma that don't matter. The hype alone will have em sold out for atleast the first 3 years here.

hooman1844 Guest
    I think even Bennett would agree this is a horrible business move. He just wanted a team in Oklahoma.
    Have fun getting free agents there...anyone honestly think Durant's going to stay in OKC? Yeah...right

I think Durant will stay just cause of the fans. People say the Hornets there when they weren't the playoff team and yet the fans made it seem like a playoff game every game they played. I think the fans will do more for the team than the team will the next couple of years.

The Kenny Guest
    40 wins
    pshhh ya right
    no center or legit powerforward
    there point guard thing is a mess
    westbrook cant play the point
    maybe the 2

hooman1844 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by CincyFan
    I think Durant will stay just cause of the fans. People say the Hornets there when they weren't the playoff team and yet the fans made it seem like a playoff game every game they played. I think the fans will do more for the team than the team will the next couple of years.
    You're being overly-optimistic. Fans showed up because that was their only chance for some time.
    People are saying give it 2-3 years and the fans will stop showing up, but knowing that there's always next year, I think come the 2nd part of the season they'll have trouble selling tickets. Let alone the tiny tv market there...and no, I really don't see Durant staying in Oklahoma. Fans are everywhere.

Jordai Guest
    The first ever pro team in the state of Oklahoma (Hornets kinda count but they rented the Ford Center and was still the New Orleans/Oklahoma City Hornets). I think they the Oklahoma City _______ will have a 25-30 win season.

When the Grizzlies came to Memphis, it was crazy! And when the Titans came to Tennessee... Lets not get started...