View Poll Results: How would you most want to win?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • M-m-m-monster dunk

1 6.25%
  • The 3-ball dagger

3 18.75%
  • The Hail Mary

2 12.50%
  • The precision pass

0 0%
  • The kill block

4 25.00%
  • The free throws

2 12.50%
  • The quick steal

1 6.25%
  • OTHER: Please post

3 18.75%

Thread: How would you most want to win a game?

How would you most want to win a game?

I was sitting here thinking about all the different ways a person could win a game for their team at the buzzer and thought it would be fun to find out what everyone thought the best one would be if you had a choice. (Isn't procrastination fun?)

How would you most want to win for your team?
    1. Drive the lane and throw down a monster dunk

2. Drain a three over the top of a defender or two

3. Heave up a successful half/full court Hail Mary

4. Lob a pass to a teammate for an alley-oop or a tricky assist leading to a score

5. Block an opponent's shot into the stands

6. Sink some free throws under extreme pressure

7. Come up with a steal before the opponent can get a shot away

Personally I was a defense-oriented player and nothing would have given me more satisfaction then to completely drill an opponent's buzzer-beater attempt into the grandstand

So, which option would you guys take and why?
    The ORIGINAL 2k Boards Fantasy League

Rosewood Redeemers: 8-3-2

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ballerblok Guest
    option number 2

Hang on I'll add a poll

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Number se7en

ray_glenn Guest
    I'd go for the free throw option (#6).

Because it's probably the only one of the options listed that I could realistically make (I can't dunk, I'm mediocre from three-point land, I'm not great with steals, haven't blocked a shot since I was in high school, and the buzzer-beating hail mary/alley-oop is just too unlikely in the best of situations).

ballerblok Guest
    3pt,and your team win by 1pt,man I'll have goosebumps for like 30 minutes,that would be so sweet,and yeah I can't dunk neither(not yet )I'm deadly from the 3pt line,and I don't know why but I'm struggling with my freethrows..hail-mary's are luck and alley-oop are seriously hard

I truly prefer the under dog blowout. I believe in putting your foot on thier throats early and not letting up.
    Iamsecond.com

I'm a killer man....I love blowin people out...and when theyre down, I make sure they stay down...I still got my starters in with 3 mins left even when im up by 40 plus..once he takes out his starters, ill do that too
    BEEN A MEMBER IN THESE BOARDS SINCE SEPTEMBER '03.
    Add me up..xbl gamertag: llllld12llllll

draining a 3 in someones face is awesome. add another defender n still make it is even better. love making a shot wen ur opponent tries their hardest defending you

i also like dagger 3s...i.e..youre up by 3 with 50secs left..ur opponent comes down chucks up a 3 hoping to tie..then he misses...u run thr clock down to bt 5 secs and hit a dagger 3 with the shot clock runnin down bringin the lead back up to 6 with 30 secs left...

Quote Originally Posted by mcgradybunch
    I'm a killer man....I love blowin people out...and when theyre down, I make sure they stay down...I still got my starters in with 3 mins left even when im up by 40 plus..once he takes out his starters, ill do that too
    Lol, nothing like a good blowout. This is about making or stopping buzzer beaters ftw though.

I guess in this situation your preference would be the 3-point dagger?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

yea in that case..ill take a dagger...a cut throat, ruthless one...like a 1 pt lead, hittin a 3 to mke it 4...somn like that..lol

mffl_41 Guest
    win with a hail mary. i mean if you win like that, it's a kick in the other team's nuts.

what about an impt possession...shot clock winding down, then bang...30 foot heave, contested fadaway..lmaooo...oh...AND 1.

benfitz22 Guest
    definitely full court hail mary.......you will be remembered for ever - do u remeber rasheeds ame tying hail mary buzzer beater, or some random winning with a three? exactly

A monster dunk at the buzzer.
    Stephon Marbury's greatness wrapped into one vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRXadeWSn3U

Flya24 Guest
    A block on a layup or dunk attempt, that'd be fun to watch.

Ix Mr CLuTcH xI Guest
    Its not on there, but down by 1, get the ball, isolate, put a move on him and then elevate from 25ft away.

PowerfulSkyking Guest
    lol i can probably do a dagger 3 but most likey i wud do a killer block bcuz people dont think i can get up even tho im 5'6

I like the 3 point dagger. Back when I used to play... even though I was the tallest player on my team, I was also the best 3 point shooter. I never did hit a three pointer to WIN a game but I did make a halfcourt fadeaway three pointer at the buzzer with 2 defenders harassing me and it was also banked in. Everyone went wild even though we lost the game.

illsmak Guest
    lol, Ray and I are teh only people who did free throws.

I can't dunk, either, but that's not why I chose it. It's just a great place to shine. In a way, it's like being in your own world where you have a chance to win... just you and the hoop.

Plus, I don't really talk a lot of trash... but I know people would be trying to get in my ear. I'd just be like... calmly... droppin' em. Then just be like walk off the court. I am actually a pretty on point FT shooter plus I am Mr Clutch.

EDIT: I just realized another reason why. People can debate the foul if they want to, but you can't really claim that someone who goes up to the line and sinks two free throws got lucky. Anything else, though, can be called luck.

-Smak

I'm surprised that the kill block is winning at this point. I thought I might actually be the only guy who would rather spank someone else's shot rather then actually make one to win a game.

Good point about the free throws though Smak. Just you and the rim. Noone can argue that.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]