Thread: Sex in Mafia 2?

Sex in Mafia 2?

Do you think there will be sexual interaction between characters in the game like in Mafia 1?

No clue!!..It hasn't been discussed anywhere(not that i seen) , maybe Denby and Martin can answer that..

In Empire Bay slumming the streets to one day become someone
    Well you can go into a Brothel (confirmed in the 1st podcast) and watch strippers....

...Now wether or not you can have sex with them is something completly different....

To be honest, I do not really care if there is or if there isn't. If it has some effect on the story that's cool but i'd hate for them to put it in the game just for the sake of putting it in the game like in GTA IV.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Fountaine View Post
    Well you can go into a Brothel (confirmed in the 1st podcast) and watch strippers....

...Now wether or not you can have sex with them is something completly different....
    Yeah, just a little striptease will be enough
    Hope, it will be seriosly game

Look the christmas trailer and you will see that Vito is together with a woman in bed. What will/have they do/done?

Quote Originally Posted by dombeh View Post
    Look the christmas trailer and you will see that Vito is together with a woman in bed. What will/have they do/done?
    There was similar video in Mafia 1, it was part of the story, but there no sex in the game (apart from that sort video). So basically there was sex in Mafia 1 if we look at it this way...

Anyway, I don't think so they should put it in. Only if you are going to have girlfriends with subquest, which I merely doubt. There's no need for sex in game, only if it's part of the main story. But this is my opinion.

I hope not, it's not GTA...

Quote Originally Posted by Johnion View Post
    I hope not, it's not GTA...
    Second that ...

Quote Originally Posted by Fraz View Post
    Second that ...
    Ok... Its the Mafia, what do you guys think. I really do not get it. Its not gonna be GTA. Why should there not be any sexual content or some sort of sexual relationship included?

I agree with you guys that any sort of sexuality highly unacceptable, obnoxious and to a large amount unhuman. I agree that this element should not be made public in a game like Mafia II.
    Seriously guys, the Mafia dudes are respectable guys, they don't do stuff like that, esspecially not with GIRLS.... YAK! I have heard of them ...

Quote Originally Posted by vaults View Post
    Ok... Its the Mafia, what do you guys think. I really do not get it. Its not gonna be GTA. Why should there not be any sexual content or some sort of sexual relationship included?

I agree with you guys that any sort of sexuality highly unacceptable, obnoxious and to a large amount unhuman. I agree that this element should not be made public in a game like Mafia II.
    Seriously guys, the Mafia dudes are respectable guys, they don't do stuff like that, esspecially not with GIRLS.... YAK! I have heard of them ...
    The thing is if it fits there in the story as it was the case in Mafia 1 then its OK otherwise if there is no significance of it in the story then there is no need to include something like in GTA ...
    Last edited by Fraz; 05-24-2009 at 09:42 AM.

12. I dont see a problem with it, especially if it is used in the same way it was in the first game. But think about this, what kind of guy is Vito, is he a stay at home loyal to his dame kinda guy who dont really take no risks or vices, or is he someone who perfers to enjoy things in life such as fine clothes, fine liquer, flashy and fast cars and even faster women. However if there is sexual content in the game, i do believe that it should be left optional.

atmosphere

i think it's important. if games are to embrace a new adult perspective, i think it should be included. this is mafia- swanky clubs, seedy speakeasies, the whole deal. sex in videogames is always taboo, nudity even more so. i definitely am not a fan of the shock/awe approach or over using it, but it should be included more as a subtle touch.

I really don't care, as for some reason the 3d rendered sex scenes just aren't very attractive.

The thing is if it fits there in the story as it was the case in Mafia 1 then its OK otherwise if there is no significance of it in the story then there is no need to include something like in GTA ...
    Yeah, I think the same. In a lot of good movies you see sex scenes, but those scenes doesn't have much impact on the story.
    For example, take Goodfellas. You doesn't watch Goodfellas because of that 30 sec sex scene, but because of the great story, and the great acting of the actors/actressess.

There's no need for magnifying up sex in this game. There can be a half-minute - minute long sex scene, part of the story, but that's it.
    Not because it's immoral (killing people is much more immorral, yet the whole action is based on it, isn't it?), but there's simply no need for it.

Talking

Lol dude we are sharing a brain ATM, that's exactly how I feel on the situation

Quote Originally Posted by Fief View Post
    Lol dude we are sharing a brain ATM, that's exactly how I feel on the situation
    I think pretty much of the people think the same way. Is there any possibility to make an opinion pool on that?