Results 1 to 26 of 26

Thread: Can't dunk alley-oops with your guy in MyPlayer? I may have discovered why

  1. #1

    Thumbs up Can't dunk alley-oops with your guy in MyPlayer? I may have discovered why

    I wasn't able to dunk with my created player and after reading a few threads the general consensus was you had to play about 20 games and keep calling for alley oops to increase your dunk tendency, but that didn't make too much sense to me since you weren't really scoring them when you called for them in a game anyway.

    So I thought I'd ask you guys having trouble to dunk to try something and tell me if it's it.

    I increased my attributes in many areas, and one that was lacking for me was "hands" that helped you with "catching the ball". I'm not sure if it was only for passes, but once I increased that I was able to catch my dunks and put them down on alley oop passes.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    0
    I'm gonna try this out n see if it makes a diff for my pg. he is maxed out so I just can't figure out why he can't throw them down

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    750
    i have a 6'10 pf.. played 2 games (so basically no major attribute increases anywhere pr any sig skilled)... tried a game of blacktop with him... dunked an oop


    timing... youre making it more complicated than it is

  4. I made a SF that dunked ally-oops with Dunk 49, vert, 59, hands 73, no dunk packages equipped...right out the gates. All I had to do was dunk a lob in the rookie game.

    But my friend has 2 players, one can dunk lobs and one can't, and he's never even played career...so explain that.

    For sure it's not stats, if anything it's tendencies...but I'm not totally convinced.

  5. #5
    It depends on the problem.
    In my team 98% of the alley oop I ask, the pass is horrible.
    Guys like Lillard or Matthews.
    The pass is 13 foot high
    I really can't understand
    So I just try not to ask to often (which I don't anyway)

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by giftedchick View Post
    i have a 6'10 pf.. played 2 games (so basically no major attribute increases anywhere pr any sig skilled)... tried a game of blacktop with him... dunked an oop


    timing... youre making it more complicated than it is
    That'd be awesome if it was true, because it's awfully peculiar I could go 100+ games without dunking an oop and being lobbed hundreds and hundreds of passes, to playing my last 100+ games and dunking 95% of them.

    Guess it's just the world's biggest coincidence.

    Quote Originally Posted by RezinBomb View Post
    I made a SF that dunked ally-oops with Dunk 49, vert, 59, hands 73, no dunk packages equipped...right out the gates. All I had to do was dunk a lob in the rookie game.
    I increased my "hands" to 75 and was able to dunk.

    Ask your friend who can't dunk to check that and report back, maybe we can figure this out.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by giftedchick View Post
    i have a 6'10 pf.. played 2 games (so basically no major attribute increases anywhere pr any sig skilled)... tried a game of blacktop with him... dunked an oop


    timing... youre making it more complicated than it is
    You're kidding? The people who have these issues are Guards, not 6'10 Power Forwards. And it's not ''timing'', it's something wrong with their player, which they're trying to figure out...

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    750
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottyGarcia View Post
    You're kidding? The people who have these issues are Guards, not 6'10 Power Forwards. And it's not ''timing'', it's something wrong with their player, which they're trying to figure out...
    some of the people in the other threads made were over 6'10 .. i was more talking to them... thanks for the recognition tho

    AND
    allyoops are based on BOTH the passer's ability/accuracy and the catcher's ability to finish .. why do you think they have the 'alleyooper' sig skill for guards?
    ive seen bad passes to good dunkers (blake) look absolutely horrible, while seeing great passes to mediocre dunkers look great

    so
    A. the player has to be able to dunk.. and since everyone who posted here and in the other thread claim to have high dunk attributes (among other things), that probably isnt the main issue
    B. the pass has to be good... no matter how good you are, a bad pass wont do anything ... if the player throwing the oop has a passing rating below a certain number, the oops will almost never be perfect

    source: experience... i mainly play team-up, playing point guard... ive thrown badly timed oops with felton(who has ooper skill) to JR smith(one of the best in-game dunkers) that have led to layups/misses
    then ive thrown great passes to great finishes.. ie. timing.



    anyway.. im done with yall... people try to help and are met with criticism/ingratitude

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by giftedchick View Post
    anyway.. im done with yall... people try to help and are met with criticism/ingratitude
    The problem here isn't that you give your opinions, it's that you think you're right about EVERYTHING and think you know why EVERYTHING happens when, based on your posts, you don't.

    We all get it, this game is your life, you probably wake up 8am and play until 6am the next day and it's all you do, that no one is debating. The problem with you is you can't admit when you're absolutely wrong and this is something you're simply just sounding really dumb about.

    allyoops are based on BOTH the passer's ability/accuracy and the catcher's ability to finish
    EXACTLY, that's what everyone was saying but you claimed "it was just about timing", no, it isn't, as a matter of facting timing is the one of the least significant parts about the alley's. Everyone knows that a bad passer like some Center is going to throw bad lobs, hell we see it in games with Lebron and Durant, you're stating the obvious.

    What you're wrong about and sound dumb about is when you claim it's "simply timing", it's not, it's a variety of factors. While the rest of us try to puzzle the intricacies of it, you think it's hitting X & A at a specific time is he ONLY thing that leads the teammate to dunk.

    It's one thing to be stupid, it's another to constantly post your opinions and prove it. If you don't know an answer to something, just shut up about it, very simple.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    750
    Quote Originally Posted by brad89 View Post
    The problem here isn't that you give your opinions, it's that you think you're right about EVERYTHING and think you know why EVERYTHING happens when, based on your posts, you don't.

    We all get it, this game is your life, you probably wake up 8am and play until 6am the next day and it's all you do, that no one is debating. The problem with you is you can't admit when you're absolutely wrong and this is something you're simply just sounding really dumb about.
    dont assume ... i go weeks/months at a time without playing games..
    never claimed to 'know everything' .. but if someone asks a question here i give advice to the best of my ability ... people ask questions.. i try to answer... i thought that was how the world worked? or maybe im stupid to think that way?


    EXACTLY, that's what everyone was saying but you claimed "it was just about timing", no, it isn't, as a matter of facting timing is the one of the least significant parts about the alley's. Everyone knows that a bad passer like some Center is going to throw bad lobs, hell we see it in games with Lebron and Durant, you're stating the obvious.

    What you're wrong about and sound dumb about is when you claim it's "simply timing", it's not, it's a variety of factors. While the rest of us try to puzzle the intricacies of it, you think it's hitting X & A at a specific time is he ONLY thing that leads the teammate to dunk.

    It's one thing to be stupid, it's another to constantly post your opinions and prove it. If you don't know an answer to something, just shut up about it, very simple.
    "and since everyone who posted here and in the other thread claim to have high dunk attributes (among other things), that probably isnt the main issue" ... which would leave the passer

    u claimed that increasing your hands rating increased your oop success... thinking that was the miracle answer.. my point was i went in with a practically base values pf and dunked just fine.. again.. i was referring to people here (and in another thread) who claimed to have maxed everything and couldnt dunk... rezinbomb echoed the same thing .. as well as romano pointing out that '98%' of the alley oop passes he's seen are bad

    ps
    i like how u didnt read the parts where i stated the factors involved... then u went on a rant about my stupidity and inability to understand a simple game
    thanks for calling me stupid/dumb tho.. i appreciate the support .. employing fallacies dont win arguments

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by giftedchick View Post
    dont assume ... i go weeks/months at a time without playing games..
    never claimed to 'know everything' .. but if someone asks a question here i give advice to the best of my ability ... people ask questions.. i try to answer... i thought that was how the world worked? or maybe im stupid to think that way?
    You gave your opinion, I gave my facts, so yes it is stupid of you to have thought that way.

    u claimed that increasing your hands rating increased your oop success... thinking that was the miracle answer.. my point was i went in with a practically base values pf and dunked just fine.. again.. i was referring to people here (and in another thread) who claimed to have maxed everything and couldnt dunk... rezinbomb echoed the same thing .. as well as romano pointing out that '98%' of the alley oop passes he's seen are bad
    98% of the passes are not bad LOL! Another example of you pulling a number out of your ***. The fact is that timing, ESPECIALLY in Blacktop, is one of the least significant issues. The reason I question the "Hands" attribute was because based on the other threads about this, most people seemed to have already maxed their dunk ability and verticles, the passes were just fine, they weren't dunking.

    ps
    i like how u didnt read the parts where i stated the factors involved... then u went on a rant about my stupidity and inability to understand a simple game
    thanks for calling me stupid/dumb tho.. i appreciate the support .. employing fallacies dont win arguments
    A "fallacy" means a mistaken in reasoning, calling you dumb is no mistake. You go around on every post and think you have the god-given answer when you don't. Take this thread for example, we KNOW timing isn't the only factor yet you can't admit you're wrong.

    The problem here is you're suffering from the Dunning–Kruger effect.

  12. We already solved the issue in my thread, which you have both read. This whole thread is unnecessary.
    It's tendencies...end of story. let this stupid thread die plz.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by RezinBomb View Post
    It's tendencies...end of story. let this stupid thread die plz.
    My created player has played a grand total of 2 games and is slamming 95% of the lobs, so how did the dunk tendency increase?

    Also friend of my friend on XBL bought VC coins during the sale, played no games whatsoever, increased all his attributes and is slamming them.

    How do you explain that?

  14. Imo even a single game affects tendencies, especially the rookie game. Dunk a lob in the rookie game, and you will be fine without even playing career....that's what happened to me.

    If you don't dunk lobs in career, you MIGHT not be able to dunk lobs in blacktop. It's been said if you can't dunk the alley-oops, play career calling for lobs...eventually the tendency will catch up. This is all assuming of course that you know how to properly time it.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by RezinBomb View Post
    Imo even a single game affects tendencies, especially the rookie game. Dunk a lob in the rookie game, and you will be fine without even playing career....that's what happened to me.

    If you don't dunk lobs in career, you MIGHT not be able to dunk lobs in blacktop. It's been said if you can't dunk the alley-oops, play career calling for lobs...eventually the tendency will catch up. This is all assuming of course that you know how to properly time it.
    I never even received/called for an Alley-Oop with any of my MyCareer players, but they're all capable of dunking Alley-Oops frequently.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    750
    Quote Originally Posted by brad89 View Post
    You gave your opinion, I gave my facts, so yes it is stupid of you to have thought that way.
    u also gave opinion.. which has been shot down by multiple people as well.. 'facts' debunked.. back to drawing board for you

    98% of the passes are not bad LOL! Another example of you pulling a number out of your ***. The fact is that timing, ESPECIALLY in Blacktop, is one of the least significant issues. The reason I question the "Hands" attribute was because based on the other threads about this, most people seemed to have already maxed their dunk ability and verticles, the passes were just fine, they weren't dunking.
    1. i didnt say 98% .. the quotations indicated i was citing the number from someone else... but i guess you didnt read the words i wrote around the number right? .. ("'98%' of the alley oop passes HE'S seen")
    2. i used it as an example (not a statement of fact... hence the quotations) of another member who ALSO thinks the main issue is timing from the PASSER (again because numerous people have made SEVERAL threads, with many of them having maxed players - including hands)
    3. badly timed passes happen all the time... why you are making it into a non-factor is YOUR issue
    4. no matter how good your hands are.. a bad pass will break up the simplest of plays

    A "fallacy" means a mistaken in reasoning, calling you dumb is no mistake. You go around on every post and think you have the god-given answer when you don't. Take this thread for example, we KNOW timing isn't the only factor yet you can't admit you're wrong.

    The problem here is you're suffering from the Dunning–Kruger effect.
    its nice u googled it.. then proceeded to violate again.

    and u KNOW timing isnt a factor because? ..


    like i said.. people ask questions.. i try to answer.. u took fault with my answer and decided to call names... immature is one of many names i can think of for you right now

    have a nice night

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by giftedchick View Post
    u also gave opinion.. which has been shot down by multiple people as well.. 'facts' debunked.. back to drawing board for you
    Who are the multiple people that shot them down? Show me who they are and how they tested it.

    1. i didnt say 98% .. the quotations indicated i was citing the number from someone else... but i guess you didnt read the words i wrote around the number right? .. ("'98%' of the alley oop passes HE'S seen")
    2. i used it as an example (not a statement of fact... hence the quotations) of another member who ALSO thinks the main issue is timing from the PASSER (again because numerous people have made SEVERAL threads, with many of them having maxed players - including hands)
    3. badly timed passes happen all the time... why you are making it into a non-factor is YOUR issue
    4. no matter how good your hands are.. a bad pass will break up the simplest of plays
    Again, no one is denying it's a multitude of factors, I EVEN said that in the original post.

    YOU then said "it's all about timing" when timing, like I've said before, is one of the least significant parts considering that Blacktop is one of the few places where it's HARD to throw a badly timed pass.

    and u KNOW timing isnt a factor because? ..
    Because of the hundreds of games I've played on Blacktop. Whenever I throw the ball to someone who can't catch it, they don't score it, I throw it the same way to someone who can, and they dunk it. I've had DOZENS of games where 1 teammate could dunk and 1 teammate couldn't. So in my case, I threw about 7-8 alley oops to each teammate, the first dunked all 8, the other couldn't catch 1, was it just bad timing?

    Just admit you were wrong and you DONT know everything.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottyGarcia View Post
    I never even received/called for an Alley-Oop with any of my MyCareer players, but they're all capable of dunking Alley-Oops frequently.
    Thank you for proving someone else wrong in this thread who pretends they know what they're talking. This is the kind of post that has proof behind what's said, not just gibberish.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    750
    Quote Originally Posted by brad89 View Post
    Thank you for proving someone else wrong in this thread who pretends they know what they're talking. This is the kind of post that has proof behind what's said, not just gibberish.
    very first reply in this thread, which u ignored
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabulls23 View Post
    I'm gonna try this out n see if it makes a diff for my pg. he is maxed out so I just can't figure out why he can't throw them down
    second reply (which you singled out, yet selectively ignored key portions of) ...
    reasons i made this staement:
    1. pass came from a good pg, while the oop from the other player (horrible passer) was botched
    2. i have no 'HANDS' attribute additions... fresh myplayer ... never attempted a dunk in a career game: so no 'dunk tendencies'
    Quote Originally Posted by giftedchick View Post
    i have a 6'10 pf.. played 2 games (so basically no major attribute increases anywhere or any sig skills)... tried a game of blacktop with him... dunked an oop


    timing... youre making it more complicated than it is
    4th reply -- ignored
    Quote Originally Posted by romano-338@hotmail.fr View Post
    It depends on the problem.
    In my team 98% of the alley oop I ask, the pass is horrible.
    Guys like Lillard or Matthews.
    The pass is 13 foot high
    I really can't understand
    So I just try not to ask to often (which I don't anyway)


    so... if its not always the dunker.. what else could it be i wonder?

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by giftedchick View Post
    so... if its not always the dunker.. what else could it be i wonder?
    I've kind of ignored the huge walls of text slabbed out via forum replies, so I'm not sure what you've been saying, but I actually have a friend with this issue. He's a medium-sized Point Guard (Around 6'4", I think?) who only lays in Alley-Oops in Blacktop. When I play with him, it doesn't seem to matter who's passing to him, he'll always do an Alley-Layup, and I'll be doing flashy Alley-Oop slams...

    Quote Originally Posted by brad89 View Post
    Thank you for proving someone else wrong in this thread who pretends they know what they're talking. This is the kind of post that has proof behind what's said, not just gibberish.
    Haha... I'm not trying to ''prove people wrong'', I just wanna help people figure out why certain MyCareer Files won't Alley-Dunk. It's such an odd problem in 2K's game, so I'll just throw out any info that counters someone's claim.

  21. #21
    ^ This is the part where he tells you that you're wrong and that he's the self-ascribed expert with all the "right" answers.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    750
    Quote Originally Posted by brad89 View Post
    ^ This is the part where he tells you that you're wrong and that he's the self-ascribed expert with all the "right" answers.
    reading is a skill that should have been relatively mastered in elementary school

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    750
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottyGarcia View Post
    I've kind of ignored the huge walls of text slabbed out via forum replies, so I'm not sure what you've been saying, but I actually have a friend with this issue. He's a medium-sized Point Guard (Around 6'4", I think?) who only lays in Alley-Oops in Blacktop. When I play with him, it doesn't seem to matter who's passing to him, he'll always do an Alley-Layup, and I'll be doing flashy Alley-Oop slams...
    which is what i was trying to get at basically... if there's nothing wrong with the player, it might just be the pass
    in another thread where i suggested maybe it was just in traffic, i was informed that it even happens when wide open
    and if a player has maxed everything, they should be able to dunk a good pass

    Haha... I'm not trying to ''prove people wrong'', I just wanna help people figure out why certain MyCareer Files won't Alley-Dunk. It's such an odd problem in 2K's game, so I'll just throw out any info that counters someone's claim.
    fair enough... its nice to see statements that arent laced with insults

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,566
    What was the solution to this? I have this & other glitches from NBA 2K13 happening to me on NBA 2K14...

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    9

    Alley oop

    dsfsdfdsfsdf
    Last edited by middle3; 12-21-2013 at 12:33 AM. Reason: Reply

  26. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    9
    It's just about the timing.
    Last edited by middle3; 12-21-2013 at 12:35 AM. Reason: Oops

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •