Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Multiplayer Association (offline) Bring it Back!

Multiplayer Association (offline) Bring it Back!

This is a serious problem and a deal breaker for many. MyGM mode is NOT (offline) multiplayer- you can only control one team. Many of us enjoy having friends come over and running through seasons.
    VC points should not be in MyGM as many don't play the games- preferring to simulate. OR you should receive VC points for simulated game wins and win streaks (like the association mode has been the last 5 years). It seems this mode wasn't made by the same folks from previous years. Alot of the stuff they added- ticket pricing, buying stadium upgrades- are very cool. Just a shame they took so much away including-

(I remember 2K pulled the same stunt back in 2005 or 6 I believe- people asked for it back and they brought it back the next year)

Removed GM mode Features:

-NO multiplayer (offline)- Bring it back!! please.
    -NO trade over ride (not just used for 'cheating'- this is needed to fix odd AI trades)
    -NO editing player attributes / salary
    -NO mock draft
    -NO allowing two controllers to be assigned to one team during game play
    -NO 'points' for winning 5 games in a row or having the MVP etc.

The graphics are fantastic, but please bring these features back!
    (Reminds me of when GTAIV came out)

I just looked up the last time this happened. See here-
    https://www.2ksports.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62016

Thumbs down

I definitely agree with this post. My brother and I usually buy a couple copies of NBA 2K and compete. During visits we could quickly do offline fantasy drafts in a multiplayer association mode. We made countless associations together, often declaring "redraft" when an associations got stale.

Needless to say, we were saddened to see the feature had been removed. Whether NBA 2K is a game we continue to buy in the future will hinge on the offline multiplayer replayability of Association/MyGM.

I agree with you totally. It really pains me not having multiplayer season. I too had friends and family over regularly to play association. As of right now we can only play exhibitions providing the doesn't crash. I hope that we can get a patch to allow for multiplayer season mode. (It's what EA did with Madden)

Ugh. This is literally the only thing my friends and I do. And I don't mean the fake literally where we do other things. I mean the real literally as in this is actually all we do. We have NBA drinking parties where we create players, draft our teams and then play each other.

I just finished editing Draft Class players that kind of looked like us. We planned to sim an entire season after drafting and use the players that way. Now we found out that we can't even play offline multiplayer. Why remove so much that was good with the game? I actually have no reason to play this game anymore and this makes me extremely sad.

I agree with pretty much everything said in this thread. Offline association mode (without VC) needs to be supported. Multiple players, editing rosters and cpu vs cpu are absolutely necessary features.

Quote Originally Posted by Nttr Bttrz View Post
    I agree with pretty much everything said in this thread. Offline association mode (without VC) needs to be supported. Multiple players, editing rosters and cpu vs cpu are absolutely necessary features.
    Any mention of what the patch is targeting? Let's hope they patch in multiplayer season at the least and fix the unintuitive menu system.

Well I hope they are reading this and lets hope they bring this back with the upcoming patch, not having this option is making me want to trade/sell this game away.

Unless the code is already in the game, it probably cannot be brought back through a patch.

Quote Originally Posted by sleepytercel View Post
    Unless the code is already in the game, it probably cannot be brought back through a patch.
    Which begs the question, why on earth would you leave that feature out in the first place? This is really unprecedented. I'm no programmer or coder, but is it really that hard to add two players to these modes like programmers have done since the dawn of console video games?

Do they think they can just pacify us with awesome graphics, then put out a bare-bones game on a NEXT GENERATION console? Seriously? They need to either add multiplayer THIS YEAR, or explain themselves to all the people who spent in excess of $700 to play NBA 2k14 on a next generation system.

They don't have to explain anything. It is obvious that next generation consoles were rushed, that all the launch titles for these consoles were rushed, and that not everything panned out as smoothly as we hoped. I think it is quite obvious that it has something to do with time constraints. The development team looked to try too much with too little time (something that Visual Concepts has done many times in the past). I'm bummed about many things that were left out, but welcome to the real world on this matter. Coding a game is not something that is easy, we know that. However, coding a new game for game systems that they have little knowledge of, in a short amount of time, is even more of a challenge. The development team wanted to offer new things to the next gen game, so many of the other things did not get into the game. Maybe they should have just left more than enough alone and focused that for next year. They didn't, and we have what we have now. Not every decision is going to be the perfected one made. It's not like 2K offers a small package like this constantly, and it is quite obvious that it has everything to do with time constraints being that this only happened on a launch title.

Quote Originally Posted by sleepytercel View Post
    They don't have to explain anything. It is obvious that next generation consoles were rushed, that all the launch titles for these consoles were rushed, and that not everything panned out as smoothly as we hoped. I think it is quite obvious that it has something to do with time constraints. The development team looked to try too much with too little time (something that Visual Concepts has done many times in the past). I'm bummed about many things that were left out, but welcome to the real world on this matter. Coding a game is not something that is easy, we know that. However, coding a new game for game systems that they have little knowledge of, in a short amount of time, is even more of a challenge. The development team wanted to offer new things to the next gen game, so many of the other things did not get into the game. Maybe they should have just left more than enough alone and focused that for next year. They didn't, and we have what we have now. Not every decision is going to be the perfected one made. It's not like 2K offers a small package like this constantly, and it is quite obvious that it has everything to do with time constraints being that this only happened on a launch title.
    Sleepy Tercel, I know you are a long-time member and pillar of these forums, but I have to respectfully disagree with your stance. True, the game is what it is, and as consumers we have the option to take it or leave it. However, the 2k team (Take Two Sports, Visual Concepts, whoever...) was purposely hush hush about the features (or lack thereof) pre-release.

If you, as a company, are asking consumers to spend $500 for a console, in addition to several hundred $$$ more for games and accessories, then those consumers have the right to know what they're getting for their money. If I have current gen 2K already, then you need to give me a good reason to drop $700+ more for upgraded (next gen) 2k. Flashy graphics coupled with stripped-down features might be justification to spend an extra $700 for some, but not everyone.

Don't tell me (2k, not you) that I need to drop $700 dollars for a rushed product that lacks standard, expected features. Don't ask for my money, give me an inferior product then say "We'll do better next year." The world might end before next year.

My point is, don't ask for big bucks for some future promise. It's almost like they are asking gamers to "invest" in their company now by spending the big bucks for the promise of future returns, instead of charging what something is worth right now, in its current form.

One more thing you said that I disagree with somewhat is that 2k doesn't offer small packages often. Maybe, but they do offer broken, buggy packages quite often, as evidenced by the rampant complaints on this forum and others. I don't need to rehash those here. Having said that, I am a diehard 2k fan, and have been so since the beginning.

Yes, they should absolutely explain why so many features are stripped down, especially for the money they're asking for to play their game this year. That doesn't mean they will, nor can we force them to. But it would be nice. There is a precedent here, also. EA did the same thing with their first attempt at Connected Careers on Madden 13. They put it out as a single player game, heard the outcry from the community, and then "fixed" it by making it multiplayer - in the same year. They didn't wait until the next year.

Yes, this is a new generation and a new console, and there are undoubtedly challenges in regards to mastering and implementing code for the various features. Just be upfront and honest with the gamers (and I keep harping on this point, I know), especially when we are shelling out $700 bucks minimum to play this game this year instead of sticking with current gen and waiting for them to "fix" or add whatever it is that's missing.

Side select is the most important thing to be patched first off - and that is easy - it was actually available at release, on the original copy of the disk, and 2K PATCHED IT!!!!! You could pause the game in Mygm - after the game started - and move another controller over to your team.

Adding multi-user MyGM is a whole other bag of impossible, and an unreasonable request for 2K (for this year) - Maybe adding an association mode, yes, but the way that the game is setup now with this interactive MyGM thing (which I like) - would make it really really hard. Just off the top I can think of 10 or 12 problems/issues that would come up when two GMs were playing this story mode together... definitely solvable but hard.

I am also a person that has 4 friends come over and we run 5 vs the computer on Gm mode... this ruined ALL of our days, my career as starting SF for our squad is put on hold... I even bought extra controllers which are useless right now.

Why are they trying to make the only ACTUAL RL social games left (sports games, and fighting games) ONE PLAYER??? So insane! Its like they are programming us to sit in our houses with our new ps4/xbox Ones with the lights out, in dark rooms, and play with our fake friends online... who also bought their product... seriously me and my roommate almost bought 2 ps3s jus to play Madden together back when they removed side select and tried to make sports one player... dont make me buy 5 ps4s so we can run games-- thats just ridiculous.

yeah, just want to cosign what most of you have said in here.

me and my brother have had so many battles in association mode over the years. like, i can remember the names of auto-generated rookies from 4 or 5 years ago (sebastiao paulista comes to mind, helluva pg).

not realistically expecting this to be patched in, would love to see it next year.
    i do think that bringing back the option of co-op gameplay for the existing single-team mygm is the least they could do for us. there has to be something other than quick games for local multiplayer. there's no continuity there.

Quote Originally Posted by iTofu View Post
    We made countless associations together, often declaring "redraft" when an associations got stale..
    yes! me and my brother would always say "new chise."
    man, i hope it comes back

I find the absence of Couch/Local Co-op ridiculous. I also heard that it was included initially and patched out. If this is true, this is totally unacceptable. Why remove valuable features that raised the value proposition many times and allowed game-play to be the center of a party or useful for local tournaments? Please let us know if this is a permanent feature removal or if this will be updated back into the system. Thank you for your time, help and quick response.

Quote Originally Posted by Jomarip View Post
    I find the absence of Couch/Local Co-op ridiculous. I also heard that it was included initially and patched out. If this is true, this is totally unacceptable. Why remove valuable features that raised the value proposition many times and allowed game-play to be the center of a party or useful for local tournaments? Please let us know if this is a permanent feature removal or if this will be updated back into the system. Thank you for your time, help and quick response.
    If this is true, then we could likely see it patched back in. It is possible that there were glitches that were severe that were found, so it had to be patched out.

Not only association mode but 14 game seasons need to comeback. Dont like to sim but won't play 82.

150,000 man hours doesn't scream rushed to me. The great graphics duped the masses unfortunately and I highly doubt that we'll see additional OLD features patched in.

Quote Originally Posted by Jomarip View Post
    Sign your second controller into a secondary GT/PSN ID and you'll be able to play local co-op

I am pretty sure the code is in the game. There is a way to have 2 players in the my gm mode for ps4 you have delete a certain update. There is videos of it. Why 2k decided to patch it out is beyond me . It is frustrating

Quote Originally Posted by CARLOS J View Post
    Sign your second controller into a secondary GT/PSN ID and you'll be able to play local co-op
    Im on Xbox one, and my other controller was signed into a GT as well. P2 still did not show up under quick match in the switch sides option. Any ideas?

Yes 2k, please give us back the Multiplayer Options, i really loved the Game, but now you smashed a stone into my heart! We are 3 Gamers who loved playing 82 long game Seasons, and long Playoffs, we fight until the end and played Day`s on this Offline Assoction Mode, i can remember to the year 2003 or something, we bought NBA Live and there were no Chance to play a Career Mode with friends, than we bought 2k and we all felt in Love with this!!
    So please bring this back!!!

Together we can draw attention, like and share the FB Page!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/We-wa...3396559?ref=hl

Just want to bump this topic again. Local Co-op is ONLY available in quick game - which is weak at BEST... Gm mode needs CO-OP - can't believe there was a 2 GB patch (with no notes) and no visible fixes whatsoever. Release patch notes - and please respond to this topic 2k!

So is is really true that all of the modes were co-op before update took it away?

Quote Originally Posted by radog99 View Post
    So is is really true that all of the modes were co-op before update took it away?
    yes it is .

I just would like 2k sports to see this. I was going to buy nba 2k14 as the first game with my new ps4. I have been a huge fan since nba2k1 on the dreamcast its always been one of my favorite games.

This year I will be skipping nba 2k and picking up next gen madden even though i already have it for 360. Me and my two friends have been doing offline franchises together for over 10 years and we weren't able to do so last year in madden and now this year we cant in 2k. This is an outrageous oversight and I know you people at VC thought about it and came to the conclusion of (well most people dont even do that they play my player and online... Well you underestimated a vast majority of hardcore sports gamers who throughly enjoy building their own teams from scratch against each other and then using our user build rosters against each other in user games. Sometimes me and my friend would even play in the eastern conference finals for a chance to make the finals and simulate for the championship. That's about as exciting as it gets in a sports game imo.

I'm sure the new my gm mode has some great features and is a step forward for SINGLE PLAYER action. But you have alienated a lot of hardcore gamers who have supported your company for many years, and although your unlikely to feel the effects financilly, I just wanted to you to know you have ruined this basketball season for us. You guys need to put this feature back in the game next year, a sports game is highly flawed if their is no multiplayer offline franchise option. Maybe you guys at VC like to play online leagues with friends online while sitting alone at home, well me and my friends actually spend time together in real life and I'm willing to bet their are a lot more people like us out there than you may be lead to believe.

That is so true, i loved what you say ... Please 2k bring this Function back for many many Fans of this Series,

anyhow, LIKE and Share this Facebook Page, i hope we can reach many People that 2k cant overhear us.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/We-wa...3396559?ref=hl

Quote Originally Posted by Franchisinallday View Post
    I just would like 2k sports to see this. I was going to buy nba 2k14 as the first game with my new ps4. I have been a huge fan since nba2k1 on the dreamcast its always been one of my favorite games.

This year I will be skipping nba 2k and picking up next gen madden even though i already have it for 360. Me and my two friends have been doing offline franchises together for over 10 years and we weren't able to do so last year in madden and now this year we cant in 2k. This is an outrageous oversight and I know you people at VC thought about it and came to the conclusion of (well most people dont even do that they play my player and online... Well you underestimated a vast majority of hardcore sports gamers who throughly enjoy building their own teams from scratch against each other and then using our user build rosters against each other in user games. Sometimes me and my friend would even play in the eastern conference finals for a chance to make the finals and simulate for the championship. That's about as exciting as it gets in a sports game imo.

I'm sure the new my gm mode has some great features and is a step forward for SINGLE PLAYER action. But you have alienated a lot of hardcore gamers who have supported your company for many years, and although your unlikely to feel the effects financilly, I just wanted to you to know you have ruined this basketball season for us. You guys need to put this feature back in the game next year, a sports game is highly flawed if their is no multiplayer offline franchise option. Maybe you guys at VC like to play online leagues with friends online while sitting alone at home, well me and my friends actually spend time together in real life and I'm willing to bet their are a lot more people like us out there than you may be lead to believe.
    Bravo, well said. I disagree with one thing you said, though: They need to bring back multiplayer Season and MyGM (not just co-op or player vs player - the ability to manage multiple teams) THIS YEAR. As I mentioned earlier, there is precedent here: Madden 13 originally released Connected Careers with just single player, incurred the wrath of the gaming community, then went and patched it so it would be multiplayer - in the first year, mind you. Frankly, I'm tired of waiting for the proverbial "next year."

I'm ready to have my cake and eat it too, NOW. Now, I'm not some fool who doesn't understand the challenges that game developers, programmers, and coders face (having been in the I.T. field for many years myself) but you're asking us to pay an additional $700 (Next gen console, game, additional controller, extras) to "wait until next year."

Put two development teams on it. One team to help clean up this year's mess, and another to get started on next year's improvements. As I keep mentioning, I'm paying $700 for NOW, today. Not next year. I'm not "investing" in Sony, Microsoft, Visual Concepts, EA, or any other billion dollar game makers when I purchase their digital products. No, I want what I paid for NOW.

Quote Originally Posted by Franchisinallday View Post

And Dont forget they Dont give you an option to changethe length of your seasons iI'm gm either. 82 games or nothing. I liked it at 14 or 29 so I Dont have to sim games to get to off season

Quote Originally Posted by radog99 View Post
    Bravo, well said. I disagree with one thing you said, though: They need to bring back multiplayer Season and MyGM (not just co-op or player vs player - the ability to manage multiple teams) THIS YEAR. As I mentioned earlier, there is precedent here: Madden 13 originally released Connected Careers with just single player, incurred the wrath of the gaming community, then went and patched it so it would be multiplayer - in the first year, mind you. Frankly, I'm tired of waiting for the proverbial "next year."

I'm ready to have my cake and eat it too, NOW. Now, I'm not some fool who doesn't understand the challenges that game developers, programmers, and coders face (having been in the I.T. field for many years myself) but you're asking us to pay an additional $700 (Next gen console, game, additional controller, extras) to "wait until next year."

Put two development teams on it. One team to help clean up this year's mess, and another to get started on next year's improvements. As I keep mentioning, I'm paying $700 for NOW, today. Not next year. I'm not "investing" in Sony, Microsoft, Visual Concepts, EA, or any other billion dollar game makers when I purchase their digital products. No, I want what I paid for NOW.
    I agree with everything you just said. It also perplexes me that the developers at VC can be so arrogant and disconnected to the point where they feel as though they can totally wipe away a MAIN "bread and butter" mode that has been in all sports games for over ten years.

Multiplayer couch co-op franchises add a layer of strategic thinking to the fantastic core gameplay that VC has fine tuned throughout the years. Infuses the game with some unique rpg-like elements. Everything is a competition. From the initial fantasy draft to setting depth charts and coach strats. Free agency, scouting, getting the sickest rookies. User games appear more significant due to player hot and cold streaks that can be unlocked with good (or bad) play. I can't tell you how many times one of us would crap on the other in a certain area, such as passing yardage, and that would cause are team's passing game to perform better for the following simulations. It also works vice-versa because the way your team performs in simulation will make them better or worse for your user games. Which tend to be important with a tight division race having one team 5-3 and the other 4-4 not uncommon.

Please bring back the old franchise and let me and my friends pretend we're virtual gms, go for that chip and ultimate bragging rights I will rep visual concepts the rest of my life.

Option to change gm mode season game length

2k you did a great job in developing this game but you should end the progress now, many People want back a Offline Assocation with their Friends and on Facebook, we are already a lil Group from all over the World who wants back this Feature, please don`t ignore this Problem!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/We-wa...01772173396559

Bring it Back! Bring it Back! Bring it Back! plllleeeeaaassseee!!!- Y'all F'd up Next Gen...
    Patch this please... 80% (maybe more) of my time playing NBA2k is multi-player, multi-team Associations. At least patch the multi-player part, Madden13 had the same problem which pissed me of but they made a patch for it.

Why add all the other features and not do something that has been a core, consistent part of the game year-after-year. Everybody is not some lonely A** person that only wants to play a game alone, and only has online "friends". My brother has the game and he is pissed, i was going to buy it after christmas, but I'm wont unless they patch it. And i wont buy it next year until I'm 100% sure they have that in the game...

THey arent listening

Quote Originally Posted by carl614 View Post
    Bring it Back! Bring it Back! Bring it Back! plllleeeeaaassseee!!!- Y'all F'd up Next Gen...
    Patch this please... 80% (maybe more) of my time playing NBA2k is multi-player, multi-team Associations. At least patch the multi-player part, Madden13 had the same problem which pissed me of but they made a patch for it.

Why add all the other features and not do something that has been a core, consistent part of the game year-after-year. Everybody is not some lonely A** person that only wants to play a game alone, and only has online "friends". My brother has the game and he is pissed, i was going to buy it after christmas, but I'm wont unless they patch it. And i wont buy it next year until I'm 100% sure they have that in the game...
    Exact same feeling. And they took away option to change number of games played each season. You have to do 82 in gm mode/association. No one plays all 82. They have it for single season mode only

2K did this very thing in 05 I believe with Ben Wallace as the cover athlete...ruined the game for me. I went out and traded it for live. Give us this basic feature 2k. I work 2 jobs to afford stuff like this. I don't have time for all that online BS or fantasy junk. I just want play 2 player multi user play like so many other have indicated in this forum

Quote Originally Posted by HSTRIP View Post
    This is a serious problem and a deal breaker for many. MyGM mode is NOT (offline) multiplayer- you can only control one team. Many of us enjoy having friends come over and running through seasons.
    VC points should not be in MyGM as many don't play the games- preferring to simulate. OR you should receive VC points for simulated game wins and win streaks (like the association mode has been the last 5 years). It seems this mode wasn't made by the same folks from previous years. Alot of the stuff they added- ticket pricing, buying stadium upgrades- are very cool. Just a shame they took so much away including-

(I remember 2K pulled the same stunt back in 2005 or 6 I believe- people asked for it back and they brought it back the next year)

Removed GM mode Features:

-NO multiplayer (offline)- Bring it back!! please.
    -NO trade over ride (not just used for 'cheating'- this is needed to fix odd AI trades)
    -NO editing player attributes / salary
    -NO mock draft
    -NO allowing two controllers to be assigned to one team during game play
    -NO 'points' for winning 5 games in a row or having the MVP etc.

The graphics are fantastic, but please bring these features back!
    (Reminds me of when GTAIV came out)

I just looked up the last time this happened. See here-
    https://www.2ksports.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62016
    I agree with everything expect for the last point that not as important as the others for me.
    I hope this gets patched.

Wow. Bump again. 2K You really fixed players elbows and not this????
    This game is shelved like Derek Rose and Kobe until this is added ... Already bored with myplayer...

Its embarrassing to say 3 guys pre-order the brand new ps4 just for this game, but the reality is my family spends 80% of our "game playing time" on the PS3 playing NBA 2k offline association. Should have done our research as nba2k14 for PS4 is now going to be colleting dust unless they patch this option back in.

Whats worse we'll probably have to play the ps3 version on the ps4, which will be hard to do now that we've seen the ps4 version.

Duh!! just found out that even though Sony announced that PS3 games would be compatable on the ps4 looks like they ran into problems and now thats not possible either...Looks like not only will NBA2k14 for the PS4 be collecting dust so will our brand new PS4 .....
    Last edited by msj; 12-26-2013 at 07:47 AM.

Bump again until someone from 2k posts here.

I am very disappointed that there is no offline co-op Association in the next-gen version of this game.

My brothers and friends and I would always have fun taking a team through the season with 3 or 4 of us each controlling a player on the team.

I hope someone from 2k14 reads this thread and they can reactivate this feature they took out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast