Thread: Getting drafted by the team you want in My Career

Getting drafted by the team you want in My Career

So I got really frustrated and am going through methodically trying to get drafted by the Bulls. I'm posting my results so if any of the other teams are what you want, you can do it.

All these are done with an athletic point guard

Predraft notes
    Note: Ellis always goes to same conference as you, it seems.

Showcase performance (for all results below):
    poor performance
    c team grade

favorite team: bulls, for all results
    ----------
    Focus: win at all costs
    questions: all yes, defense, coach
    interview: Atlanta (bomb) and ????
    = Atlanta (Ellis to Boston)

Focus: Be teammate
    questions: all yes except last second shot, defense, coach
    interview - Jazz (mediocre) Bulls (aced)
    =Utah (Ellis to… Dallas?)

Hall of Fame
    questions: no to last second shot, yes all others
    coach, defense
    interview: Utah (bomb) Bulls (Ace)
    = Phoenix (30) (Ellis to Utah)

Hall of Fame
    questions: all yes except last second shot
    defense, coach
    interview: Utah (mediocre, don’t want), Bulls (Ace)
    = ? Not bulls, so something later. I got frustrated and quit early. This game is making me hate Tony Snell

Hall of Fame
    questions: All yes
    defense, Players call plays
    interview: Cavaliers (bomb) Bulls (Aced)
    = Atlanta Hawks (17th?), Ellis to Celtics
    Last edited by Dukmunky; 12-04-2013 at 04:45 PM. Reason: clarification

Reserved for future posts

Reserved for future posts #2

4. Unhappy

I am trying to get drafted on Bulls as well...

I am trying as a 6' 9" scoring SG as D. Rose is on Bulls as a PG I believe. Anyway, I have been trying unsuccessfully for 3 days now. I leave showcase game with a C- grade, 13 points and 1 assist and then foul-out on purpose. I get my interviews with the bulls (mostly because I think you say defense on the personality test) (I select Chicago as favorite place to play, personality test is yes, yes, defense, coach calls plays (I have even tried this as player calls plays) and last answer is yes. I am also always getting an interview with the bulls (usually my 2nd interview) as I always ace it with Defense wins games and the weather is no problem. I also try to bomb or select the left most answer with other teams... and I have even gone so far as to exit out of the draft the moment the screen starts to show that I am drafted by another team, I reload the draft and start the draft over again... and often times my draft position will change (either 18th by Atlanta, 19th by Cleveland, sometimes 15th by Milwaukee)... and even sometimes on I am even passed up by the Bulls!!! Yet, I am never drafted by them. Can anyone please tell me what needs to be done as I don't wanna play on Cleveland or Milwaukee and while I do have A PG playing for Charlotte... I don't wanna force a trade (even that's not a guarantee that I will be traded to Bulls) If anyone has been drafted by Chicago, please reply with your position, stats from showcase, test and interview answers etc...
    Seriously, I am kinda wondering if its just another 2K glitch thing as Jordan (or Bulls) no longer appears the cover of NBA2K. If it gets enough complaints about no being able to be drafted to the bulls, hopefully maybe @K can fix it. Hopefully!
    I love the game especially on the XB1 (even better than the hackable 360 version), so please 2k if you are reading this, please send some help! Thanks! Xbox Gamertag: BatmanFanatik

Quote Originally Posted by Dukmunky View Post
    So I got really frustrated and am going through methodically trying to get drafted by the Bulls. I'm posting my results so if any of the other teams are what you want, you can do it.

All these are done with an athletic point guard

Predraft notes
    Note: Ellis always goes to same conference as you, it seems.

Showcase performance (for all results below):
    poor performance
    c team grade

favorite team: bulls, for all results
    ----------
    Focus: win at all costs
    questions: all yes, defense, coach
    interview: Atlanta (bomb) and ????
    = Atlanta (Ellis to Boston)

Focus: Be teammate
    questions: all yes except last second shot, defense, coach
    interview - Jazz (mediocre) Bulls (aced)
    =Utah (Ellis to… Dallas?)

Hall of Fame
    questions: no to last second shot, yes all others
    coach, defense
    interview: Utah (bomb) Bulls (Ace)
    = Phoenix (30) (Ellis to Utah)

Hall of Fame
    questions: all yes except last second shot
    defense, coach
    interview: Utah (mediocre, don’t want), Bulls (Ace)
    = ? Not bulls, so something later. I got frustrated and quit early. This game is making me hate Tony Snell

Hall of Fame
    questions: All yes
    defense, Players call plays
    interview: Cavaliers (bomb) Bulls (Aced)
    = Atlanta Hawks (17th?), Ellis to Celtics

Here is the solution to play with the team you want to play for

Post Manipulating your gm to trade you to the team of your choosing

1. After the rookie showcase pick your favorite team. Make absolutely sure you want to go to this team because there is no way to change your mind or change teams as you will be traded to this team after this process. You don’t want to waste 40 games trying to get to a team to then realize you want to go elsewhere so there is only one option. You’re not asking for a trade so there is no picking options or picking 3 teams. So keep all of this in mind. You only pick 1 team prior to draft interviews. This is the key to the whole process.

2. You must answer all interview questions attempting to be a good teammate and in all cut scene scenarios choose the options that increase your teammate chemistry. Wear the clown nose, stand up for your teammates, get ejected, carry your teammate’s luggage, etc.

3. Keep a good relationship with your GM, you don’t want to be traded prematurely. Saying “things are great”

4. About 25 games in your agent will take to you about being able to ask for a trade soon. A few games after you will get an option to ask for a trade when the GM checks in on you. This is very important. During any point in this process, DO NOT ASK FOR A TRADE. This will mess up the method and get you traded normally. The whole point of this is to manipulate the GM into trading you to your favorite team.
    5. The timing of this is very important. AGAIN DO NOT ASK FOR A TRADE and DO NOT ASK YOURE TEAMMATE TO BE TRADED IN DECEMBER. Reason being is that the key to this process is the team that you picked will be the most interested team in you. Your favorite team will not show interest in you until January when you become a starter. The option will first come up in December but don’t choose it. Wait until after you become a starter.
    6. Once you become a starter your star teammate will ask you to be his sidekick. By this time your team chemistry should be in the 90%. In the process, I told my teammate I’m not going to be his sidekick. Now your teammate chemistry should drop to 84%

7. After the sidekick conversation the very next GM conversation, tell your GM you “do not get along with a particular player”, Pick the STAR teammate. (This is the highest rated teammate and the one who asserts himself as the STAR of the team during cut scenes, i.e. the one who you watch film with, asks you to be his sidekick, etc.) Ask for the STAR teammate to be traded. When the GM asks if this is seriously an issue and whether you can resolve this pick "no, trade him" The GM will say he will see what he can do.

8. By this time two things will happen. Your teammate chemistry will go down to 76-79%. Secondly your GM relationship will go down to 1%. This is what you want. Your GM will be fed up with you and will look to trade you.

9. Once you go back to the main my career menu you should see yourself in the rumor mill. Once you play a game or two your agent will come to you in the arena tunnel and tell you what’s going on and that you may be traded and show you a list of interested teams. Your favorite team will start showing interest.

10. The whole process takes about 5 games. Just keep playing normally and you'll get another GM conversation soon. Don’t ask for a trade, just tell your GM you’re doing great. (Doing this time you can check the list of interested teams periodically in the 2K menu under My Career and you will start to see your favorite team moving up on the interest board.)

11. When you continue to the next game the GM will meet with you and tell you it wasn’t working out and that you’ve been traded. You will be traded to the team you choose at the beginning of the pre-draft process if you’ve followed these steps correctly.

Important Notes-
    You may have to regain your starting spot or you might already be the starter. This seems to be pretty random in occurrence. And your jersey number might change depending if a player has the same number as you or the number is retired.

Also, don’t worry about your rating. You will not be traded for a star teammate no matter if you’re a high rated player. The GM will trade you for a low rated player of your position and draft picks. In my case I was traded to my favorite team the Knicks for Beno Udrih 69 rated PG and picks form the 76ers and I was an 81 rated PG.
    And my friend did the same process and was traded for Ben Mclemore and picks from the 76ers to the Kings and in his other my career he was traded for Danny Green and picks from the Cavs to the Spurs. Both were an 82 rated SG each time.

You should be traded by late January early February depending on what you told your athletic trainer and how many games you missed.

That’s the whole process. Use this to get traded to the team of your choosing.

Quote Originally Posted by nateball22 View Post
    1. After the rookie showcase pick your favorite team. Make absolutely sure you want to go to this team because there is no way to change your mind or change teams as you will be traded to this team after this process. You don’t want to waste 40 games trying to get to a team to then realize you want to go elsewhere so there is only one option. You’re not asking for a trade so there is no picking options or picking 3 teams. So keep all of this in mind. You only pick 1 team prior to draft interviews. This is the key to the whole process.

2. You must answer all interview questions attempting to be a good teammate and in all cut scene scenarios choose the options that increase your teammate chemistry. Wear the clown nose, stand up for your teammates, get ejected, carry your teammate’s luggage, etc.

3. Keep a good relationship with your GM, you don’t want to be traded prematurely. Saying “things are great”

4. About 25 games in your agent will take to you about being able to ask for a trade soon. A few games after you will get an option to ask for a trade when the GM checks in on you. This is very important. During any point in this process, DO NOT ASK FOR A TRADE. This will mess up the method and get you traded normally. The whole point of this is to manipulate the GM into trading you to your favorite team.
    5. The timing of this is very important. AGAIN DO NOT ASK FOR A TRADE and DO NOT ASK YOURE TEAMMATE TO BE TRADED IN DECEMBER. Reason being is that the key to this process is the team that you picked will be the most interested team in you. Your favorite team will not show interest in you until January when you become a starter. The option will first come up in December but don’t choose it. Wait until after you become a starter.
    6. Once you become a starter your star teammate will ask you to be his sidekick. By this time your team chemistry should be in the 90%. In the process, I told my teammate I’m not going to be his sidekick. Now your teammate chemistry should drop to 84%

7. After the sidekick conversation the very next GM conversation, tell your GM you “do not get along with a particular player”, Pick the STAR teammate. (This is the highest rated teammate and the one who asserts himself as the STAR of the team during cut scenes, i.e. the one who you watch film with, asks you to be his sidekick, etc.) Ask for the STAR teammate to be traded. When the GM asks if this is seriously an issue and whether you can resolve this pick "no, trade him" The GM will say he will see what he can do.

8. By this time two things will happen. Your teammate chemistry will go down to 76-79%. Secondly your GM relationship will go down to 1%. This is what you want. Your GM will be fed up with you and will look to trade you.

9. Once you go back to the main my career menu you should see yourself in the rumor mill. Once you play a game or two your agent will come to you in the arena tunnel and tell you what’s going on and that you may be traded and show you a list of interested teams. Your favorite team will start showing interest.

10. The whole process takes about 5 games. Just keep playing normally and you'll get another GM conversation soon. Don’t ask for a trade, just tell your GM you’re doing great. (Doing this time you can check the list of interested teams periodically in the 2K menu under My Career and you will start to see your favorite team moving up on the interest board.)

11. When you continue to the next game the GM will meet with you and tell you it wasn’t working out and that you’ve been traded. You will be traded to the team you choose at the beginning of the pre-draft process if you’ve followed these steps correctly.

Important Notes-
    You may have to regain your starting spot or you might already be the starter. This seems to be pretty random in occurrence. And your jersey number might change depending if a player has the same number as you or the number is retired.

Also, don’t worry about your rating. You will not be traded for a star teammate no matter if you’re a high rated player. The GM will trade you for a low rated player of your position and draft picks. In my case I was traded to my favorite team the Knicks for Beno Udrih 69 rated PG and picks form the 76ers and I was an 81 rated PG.
    And my friend did the same process and was traded for Ben Mclemore and picks from the 76ers to the Kings and in his other my career he was traded for Danny Green and picks from the Cavs to the Spurs. Both were an 82 rated SG each time.

You should be traded by late January early February depending on what you told your athletic trainer and how many games you missed.

Tried to use your method but made it to january 28th & still havent been asked to be sidekick. So the second time i had the option to get a teammate traded i told them to trade him. I'll find out today if it works.

Curious as to whether or not this method still results in the game bugging out and you no longer getting any team interaction events after the trade (ie, no way to improve team chemistry). I was able to get to my Rockets through the normal trade means on the first go, but the game no longer offers any GM or team scenes.. just your agent every now and then.

Well it worked. Funny thing is, i was asked by DRose to be his sidekick before my GM told me i was traded to the Bulls lol

Imma do this

Quote Originally Posted by nateball22 View Post

Important Notes-

Im working on this now its jan and im about to start soon for the hawks

This method works more ppl need to use it

Thanks! It worked perfectly. I was drafted by the Mavs Great as a German gamer playing with Dirk

It works. I've started 2 days ago with 6 mins to play and it works. Finally i can play with PG#24.
    Drafted by Cavs and traded to the Pacers.
    Thanks to nateball22

Wait in number 7 do you tell the person u dont want to be sidekick or do want to be?
    Dominick Martinez

Quote Originally Posted by BONEZ_JUSTYCE View Post
    Im working on this now its jan and im about to start soon for the hawks
    Quick question!!!!!
    I'm in the process of attempting this... However on
    The inbound pass I accidentally passed the ball to someone else!
    My teammate ripped me a new one!!!! Will this process still work with
    That happening!? Or is it only based on cut scene responses!? Please help anyone!?
    Don't want to COMMIT to 40games and this not work.
    Thank you for your time!