Thread: 2k sports server

2k sports server

Anyone else have problems connecting with the 2k sports server? I'm playing career mode and it's so slow communicating with the server and some times can't connect at all and resets back to the main menu which is annoying straight after a game as you lose everything if you played ok in the game. I'm on xbox 360 by the way. Is there anything to help with this?

I'm not sure if 2K13 is slower because 2k14 is out, but I too had problems with regards to connecting and then response time when I connected. I finally gave up and played an offline mode. No problems with other games online, so this is definitely isolated to 2K13. So you are not alone my friend.

NBA2k13 keeps glitching and 2K's support is doing NOTHING to prevent the glitches... I'm on PS3 and I keep having problems with the server and the closet and it even freezes at certain points in the game process...

Quote Originally Posted by dkirilova92 View Post
    NBA2k13 keeps glitching and 2K's support is doing NOTHING to prevent the glitches... I'm on PS3 and I keep having problems with the server and the closet and it even freezes at certain points in the game process...
    The same is happening to me since 2 weeks ago. Does anybody know anything?

"Please wait, retrieving our files from 2K sports server"

I did everything that could be done in the trouble shooting instructions but it didn't work. Not only am I receiving the message "Please wait, retrieving our files from 2K sports server" I lost my player and it says the servers are down due to maintenance. "2K Sports Servers are currently down for maintenance." That started when I tried to get my purchased gear out of the closet after rebuilding my player last night. It's 10:00 am the next morning and the servers are still down. What are we going to do to solve this problem that's clearly on your end not mine.

Just to let you know I did not purchase NBA 2K14 because as a company you don't seem to care much for your customers. You don't send repair patches, you pretend the problems with your games don't exist, it takes a hour or longer to speak to a Customer Service Rep who is obviously trained not to really help but to robotic-ally or machine like stick to a script that I knew would not help my situation.
    Wake up 2K! I love your games but your business stinks. Negative word of mouth can go a long way on a computer. Plus you know as well as I that I'm not the only one you treat this way.

2K Please Please Please fix your servers. They have been down long enough and we, me and you know how long that's been.

Hey 2k, why don't you tell us the truth about the server issues. Everyone I know is having the same problem. Are you trying to force people to purchase 2K14? Well 14 has it's issues also. More and more people are opening there eyes to your business practices. I have a suggestion, use the servers for online gaming only, that way I wont need to trash my 70.00 dollar game every year in order to keep to keep up with the Jones. Right, like I'm going to keep investing in 2K sports after this. You must think I and a lot of other people have stupid written across their foreheads. Too bad this is the best game out, not considering your bad customer service in my approval rating.

Quote Originally Posted by jim10000 View Post
    Anyone else have problems connecting with the 2k sports server? I'm playing career mode and it's so slow communicating with the server and some times can't connect at all and resets back to the main menu which is annoying straight after a game as you lose everything if you played ok in the game. I'm on xbox 360 by the way. Is there anything to help with this?
    They start shutting off the servers to last year's game around this time. Buy 2k14 if you want to keep playing.

Sorry my friend, this is nothing new.

Hey 2k! I just wanted to take the time to thank you today for having admitted server issues. My game is running smoothly with no interruptions since you took down the server. I haven't seen "Please wait, retrieving our files from 2K sports server" all day. Can you keep them down for 2k13? I mean it is a old out dated game that no one but me still plays. If not, thanks anyway for allowing my game to run smooth for a little while.

55 minutes ago I wrote thanking 2k for the servers being down and my game running smooth with no interruptions from server issues. Now the servers are back up and the problem 2k technical said was mine is back. "Please wait, retrieving our files from 2K sports server". It wouldn't be so bad if it tried to retrieve files once between games but sometimes it makes several attempts to contact the server with no avail. Did you (2k) know it takes 2 to 3 minutes between each contact attempt and most of the time it fails. I'm done, this is the last time I write on this subject. I hope in the future you hire more talented technical geeks to handle your servers. Good luck and continued success with your franchise.