Thread: Hoiw do do you catch an alley oop in my career?

Hoiw do do you catch an alley oop in my career?

I know you cant do it in the park until you do it in single player but i cant do it in single player at all. Is there just a certain game that does it? Im about 16 games away from the playoffs now and im all star and #1 in scoring but still cant oop. My dude is maxed out too. I even did the training upgrade so my dunk and hands are both 99 and he still wont catch it. I even just tried one and my teammate was like 5 ft away and my dude jumps and grabs the rim but wont catch teh ball.

When the hell does the oop happen?

I can try and figure it out tonight. It might be where you're starting. How do you call for an ally oop?

I know how to throw one but how do you accept one?

I run to the rim pressing L2,R2,square. The pass is always wild though. And you cant catch one int eh park until you do in single player. I dont think its stat based either because i should be able to catch one. I think its an event that happens at a set point in time.

Quote Originally Posted by FAT_STOGIE View Post
    I run to the rim pressing L2,R2,square. The pass is always wild though. And you cant catch one int eh park until you do in single player. I dont think its stat based either because i should be able to catch one. I think its an event that happens at a set point in time.
    It might be a person that isn't a good passer or where you are standing. Ill work on it tonight. Thanks for that info.

I tried Demarcus Cousins, Gerald Wallace, Marcus Thorton, Ben Maclemore, carl landry, jose calderon. None of them made the pass.

i was able to throw an alley oop to myself in career mode while on a fast break. afterwards i was able to catch them in the park while online. now i can't catch them at all! why? when i attempt to throw an ally to myself it goes to the nearest player even when i aim them at the rim. this is very frustrating. why was my abilty to catch them taken away in the first place? please fix this problem.

When you throw yourself an oop in game it gives you teh ability to catch lobs. I think your tendency goes back down to 0 after a while and you have to do it again
    Last edited by iRage; 04-12-2014 at 04:31 PM. Reason: Spelling error due to auto-correct

You have to do a self oop

finally i am able to catch oops again! i went to training mode. and practice throwing oops to myself at least 10 times until it became second nature. then in single player mode stole the ball on a fast break ally oop to myself! now i am able to catch them in the park and in single game mode! thanks!