Thread: Interceptor Weapons: EMP vs Fusion vs Plasma Cannon?

Interceptor Weapons: EMP vs Fusion vs Plasma Cannon?

Interceptor Weapons: EMP vs Fusion vs Plasma Cannon?

Plasma cannon.. is just too low damage.
    Fusion is just too damaging, it destroys more of the UFOs parts for later use.
    EMP got very low range subjecting interceptors to UFO fire.

How do you fit your interceptors?

But EMP down any UFO that is not Aductor class or higher within 1 shot.......
    by the time you got EMP, you should get Firestorm already, if Firestorm are on the way then just build Booster Item for Interceptor to use.

Or just use EMP and get a fully intact ship at fewer shots... my plasma firestorm can take down a battleship with no bonuses... so getting shot a few times when it only takes like 3 shots for the EMP to take it down doesn't really matter.

I usually get Heavy Laser for the Laser cannon to outfit my interceptors.
    And I use the dodge/aim when needed.
    Then I usually get Firestorm and have EMP researched by the time the firestorms are built.

EMP all the way, 100% hit chance is all you need to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Thin Man View Post
    EMP all the way, 100% hit chance is all you need to know.
    Forgot to mention about this, yes, EMP never miss.

Never misses, results in incatc ships, results in better research- and sell-worthy salvage ... EMP all the way.

Unless you're done with those Alien, just use Fusion Lance since it will also kill lot of them while in flight.
    One draw back with EMP is more alien survive, except you like them this way then go EMP.

9. I've always used plasma, with bonusses. I have tried both Fusion Lance and EMP once, but I really just don't see the point in them.

Bonus what? Plasma provide no bonus, the EMP did provide bonus by let you earn more part to salvage.
    Beside, EMP and Fusion Lance are superior then Plasma, both mostly one shot everything, not to mention Fusion fire first shot when fight begin.

11. Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFighter View Post
    Bonus what? Plasma provide no bonus
    I mean the bonusses you get from various research, e.g Aim, Dodge & Boost.

Beside, EMP and Fusion Lance are superior then Plasma, both mostly one shot everything, not to mention Fusion fire first shot when fight begin.
    True, but I find that I don't need EMP or Fusion Lance to take down battleships. Plasma suits me just fine.

I'm in dire need of materials. So EMP seems the most logical choice then. And yes, I already got Firestorm which should be capable of taking at least 5 hits from a battleship.

thanks for your opinions.

I really do miss the air combat of the original xcom: we can send multiple aircrafts against the UFOs, and command them to attack aggressively (close range), or defensively (long range).

To be fair, Battleship can't do jack against Firestorm equipped with last tier weapon.

Plus the EMP cannon looks awesome on a Firestorm.