Thread: NBA 2K14 Connection Problem

NBA 2K14 Connection Problem

I was about to go on park and accidentally started a my career game and then I turned the console off because I didn't want to play it. So when I load up NBA 2K14 and it says "checking for internet connection"? However, my internet connection is good. It won't let me play MyGM, MyTeam, or MyCareer. It says to delete my file but I don't want to because I've played on it for a long time. Please help because I want to play park.

Anyone have a solution?

Because 2k decided to neuter the entire game if you have a connection problem or if their servers are down. In this case, their servers are not working properly and you are unable to enjoy any portion of the game except for a quick match.

Don't bother waiting for a moderator to answer. I've been playing on their crappy servers since 2k4 and this happens and they will not respond to you nor accept responsibility or ownership of the issue. Even if you spent money on VC they basically tell you to "F off"

2k is a 100% online game and on the back of the game there is no mention that an internet connection is required. It says its optional which is complete bull ☺☺☺☺.

same thing happened to me

same here , it has been about 2 hours that i can't load my career , it say i need to be online but it's not my connection fault .
    I suppose there is something wrong with 2K servers , worst thing is that a friend of mine is online and playing
    i hope servers will come back working soon

Is this actually the servers problem or is it my save files being corrupted??!!!

I ask this because I went onto a different user on my PS4 and everything worked as usual...

Spent alot of time (and money/VC) into MYGM and career will be very annoyed if I've lost it. Infact I wont be buying another 2k game again...

Same ☺☺☺☺ here. Checking for internet conection.

Same problem. Thought was my internet connection but like everyone else all other functions are fine. Nba2k only thing not working.

I have the same problem im very Mad because i cant play my carrer and this is awfull i have been waiting just for 3 days and nothing i still cant play

Same thing happened to me just yesterday. Cannot connect to 2k servers. There seems to be a problem that is only existent on one's profile. Every time I launch the game I can't seem to load any of my game modes (MYGM, MYCARRER, etc). It always says that I need an internet connection to load these save files. NBA TODAY was not there (it just says "searching for internet connection" below the main menu screen. I can't purchase anything from the stores as well. Everytime I purchase something it says "transaction failed: unknown error". But when I try to play a QUICK GAME the rosters were updated which I found odd. So at first I thought that maybe the servers were just down or something then out of curiosity I tried to load the game from a different user then everything was working fine! There was no problem. Been trying this for days now and it's still the same. I can't connect to 2k servers with my profile so I came to the conclusion that there was something wrong with my 2k profile because whenever I launch the game using another profile it works fine. The MYCAREER and MYGM. Even NBA TODAY works fine using another profile! If you're having the same problem can you try launching the game using another profile and let me know what happens. thanks
    Last edited by mari; 12-28-2013 at 08:26 PM.

they just said as of 12/28/13 at 9:45 PM CST that they are looking into and know people can't play. No disclosed reason or ETA ... just a big too bad we don't care we made billions. Really too bad.

After 14 consecutive years, the are loosing me as a customer

Damn when this will be fix? 2k on facebook wouldn't answer my question. I am guessing they are not official 2k. I am off weekends. I cant get to play MyCareer for the last few days. This is frustrating!

This is the third day in a row I've had connection issues. The first day it was PSN and as soon as it was resolved it worked most of yesterday. Now 2k has screwed it up also and I still can't play. This is the exact reason people feared Xbox Ones "Always Online" crap. These huge companies want to enforce these requirements so they can force microtransactions on us, even though they make more money because of it the game suffers. Next year im going to come here and ask if it's even worth it before I fork over any more of my money to NBAEA15.

Quote Originally Posted by memtndude View Post
    This is the third day in a row I've had connection issues. The first day it was PSN and as soon as it was resolved it worked most of yesterday. Now 2k has screwed it up also and I still can't play. This is the exact reason people feared Xbox Ones "Always Online" crap. These huge companies want to enforce these requirements so they can force microtransactions on us, even though they make more money because of it the game suffers. Next year im going to come here and ask if it's even worth it before I fork over any more of my money to NBAEA15.

I bet EA is just frantically trying to figure out LIVE trying to make it good knowing the have a chance now to get a share in the NBA market

I don't know if it's the servers being overloaded. I say this because my roommate is able to play on his gamer tag and there is no internet connection issue. Then when I sign in on the same box with the same disc, I cannot find an internet connection. 2k sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by pjthefadangler View Post
    I don't know if it's the servers being overloaded. I say this because my roommate is able to play on his gamer tag and there is no internet connection issue. Then when I sign in on the same box with the same disc, I cannot find an internet connection. 2k sucks.
    He probably has his mycareer made offline.

yeah it pisses me off. I even tried calling the support and they ended the call on me. WHAT A GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE

Create a new account

I created a new account on XB1 and it worked perfectly fine

Yea I created an offline mode. Sucks I loose my 89 overall player on 2nd season. At Least It's Still There For Later

Looks like servers are back online. was able to load MYGM file only to discover that everything tHAT I purchased are gone. All of my GM upgrades are gone and all levels are back to 0 (emotional intelligense, coaching, etc). What the hell 2K! Please fix this.