Thread: Lost MyCareer Save after trying to upgrade my attributes

Lost MyCareer Save after trying to upgrade my attributes

Hello

I tried to upgrade my attributes on my 87 rated Point Guard. I could not connect to the 2K servers after purchasing the attribute upgrades and it kicked me to the main menu. This is where it forced me to create a new player. Did I just lose my "MyCareer" save? I spent actual money on VC purchases that I used for my Point Guard. I'd be extremely furious if I lost my save due to 2k server problems, especially when I spent actual money on VC to upgrade him.

I'm playing on the PS4 and have no internet connection issues with other games

This happened to a lot of people including me your myplayer is fine theres just issues with the servers. you can make a new person but if you go to mycareer your save is still their

is there any idea when the servers will be running gain?

I have no idea but it cant be too long, I really like 2K14 and the rest of the world does also, im sure 2K knows that so they hopefully will fix this ☺☺☺☺ soon

i followed 2k supports trouble shooting tips and it deleted all of my files with no way of recovering them. ive now lost a months worth of data.

Quote Originally Posted by jlmcneil View Post
    i followed 2k supports trouble shooting tips and it deleted all of my files with no way of recovering them. ive now lost a months worth of data.
    What were the steps they gave you?

Quote Originally Posted by jlmcneil View Post

That sucks, I understand that it is just a video game and there are bigger problems in the world but I would be super pissed off if that happened to me. I dont want to start mycareer all over again I just made the play offs in my first season. I am not starting over.

Today at 09:22

I can not load any of my "MYPLAYER", "MYGM", or "MYCAREER", the game tells me that it it looking for an internet connection. My console is connected to the internet and i have no problem playing any other games. I have spenty $50 dollars of my own personal money for VC on top of the price of the game. I have sent multiple tweets to @2Ksupport with no response. This needs to be resolved immediately or you need to refund my $50 so that i can use it on VC again.

1388212347277.jpg (400 KB)
    1388213207379.jpg (100 KB)
    IMAG0334.jpg (200 KB)

User_avatar
    Today at 10:10

still waiting for an answer almost an hour later,.
    User_avatar
    Collin G Today at 10:55

Hello ,

We'd like to remind you that these tickets are done in the order that they are received and you will need to practice some patience with this issue. We have a high volume of requests and we can not cut you to the front because you are lacking patience.

We'd like to provide assistance with any Online-related issues with our connection troubleshooting guide:

Check all the physical devices on your network to ensure they are plugged in and powered on.
    Perform a connection test on each device connected to the network.

For Xbox 360, refer to the following website
    http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-3...mance-solution

For Playstation 3, refer to the following website http://manuals.playstation.net/docum...nnecttest.html

Understanding NAT Types:

NAT Types:
    Open
    Moderate
    Strict

Open NATs can connect to any of the three types. --> Probably the least common type
    Moderate can only connect to open and moderate. --> Probably the most common type
    Strict can ONLY connect to open.
    Strict NATs are a difficult problem with peer-to-peer games. Since most people don't have open NATs, the player with a strict NAT won't be able to find many joinable games.

Also, if the player with a strict NAT does manage to join a game, if another player with a moderate NAT joins later, the player with the strict NAT gets kicked out.

The problem is even worse since it is sometimes difficult for software (i.e. Games for Windows Live) to detect which NAT type it is running behind, and can often report that the player has a moderate NAT when they actually have a strict NAT.

Another problem is that sometimes the ISP (Internet Service Provider) is also NAT'd which often means even if you have a direct connection to the internet (without a router/firewall), the ISP still acts as a strict NAT.

Port Forwarding:

The following ports are beneficial to have open for Online console gaming:

TCP: 53, 80, 443, 465, 983, 1863, 3074, 5223, 10070-10080
    UDP: 53, 88, 1863, 3074, 3478-3479, 3658, 10070

If you need assistance with opening these ports, please refer to the following website for more information (you will need to know your router brand and model, as the website guides are based on specific routers)

http://portforward.com/english/route...outerindex.htm

Here are some additional tips that have helped many players improve their connectivity:

Make sure your router's firmware is upgraded the latest version (very important).
    Unplug your router for 10 minutes and plug it back in. Some older routers degrade in performance over time until it is rebooted, similar to a PC.
    Disable any firewall or other network filtering for the game.
    Enable uPnP (universal plug and play) on your router.
    If you don't care about security, enable DMZ (de-militarized zone) on your router for your PC's address. This turns off all of your router's firewall features for that specific PC.
    Get a router that has the "Xbox LIVE compatible" or "Certified for Windows Vista" logo.
    Contact your ISP and ask them what your DNS setting should be.

Direct Connection/Power Cycle:

If you are still having issues connecting to the online servers after trying the above steps, try connecting your broadband modem directly to the console or PC on which you are playing this game. At this point, please disconnect your Broadband modem from power for Five (5) minutes. After this time has elapsed, plug the modem back into power and allow the normal power-up cycle to finish.

If this final step does not resolve your issue, please plug a PC directly into your modem and provide us screen shots from the following locations:

www.speedtest.net
    www.whatsmyip.org
    www.pingtest.net
    ipconfig (Windows + R > type "cmd" without quotes > hit okay > type "ipconfig" without quotes > press ENTER )
    Routers port configuration screen

To take a screenshot (in Win Vista/7/8)
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...e-screen-shots

In XP (and earlier)
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...-a-screen-shot

Best Regards,

Collin G
    User_avatar
    Today at 11:01

My issue is on the PS4. i would like you also to know that after being on hold for over an hour your phone operate told me that she could not understand me and hung up on me.
    User_avatar
    Today at 12:35

i followed your steps and nothing worked until i reset my router. now im not having an issue connecting however all of my saves are now gone, including my 97 overall SG that i spent $50 dollars of my own personal money on upgrading. I also had 35,567 VC points in my account as i had just purchased $10 more dollars worth last night! I would like a refund immediately so that i can once again upgrade MYPLAYER. Let me be clear, i thoroughly enjoy this game and would like to continue playing. however to lose a months worth of play time and all that money is very frustrating. Please help me remedy this situation. If it helps my PSN gamertag is vagrantkaw and i would be more then happy to provide a copy of my transaction history as proof of my purchases.

Sincerely,

User_avatar
    Today at 12:36

Here is a screenshot of my save file before it disappeared.
    Last edited by jlmcneil; 01-16-2014 at 01:42 PM. Reason: removed my name

ive now been waiting 3 hours for an answer.

Apparently im not allowed to be upset by the fact that i am out money.

I've worked to hard to be able to start over on MyCareer, all the hard work I have done.