Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 44

Thread: *Important* Mae Young Hospitalized

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,056

    *Important* Mae Young Hospitalized

    - WWE Hall of Famer Mae Young was reportedly hospitalized in the past week and has since been moved to a hospice. She was scheduled for the RAW Old School special but won't be appearing now.


    Read more at http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/...oWzvgKlKHMp.99

    Please get well soon Mae. We need you back in the ring. You are a living legend and I'll keep you in my prayers.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    694
    I sincerely hope she gets through this, man I thought that woman was immortal. It's crazy what she did for the wrasslin' business. I mean, who can forget that crazy bump she took through the table getting thrown off the stage some 12 years ago? She still got plenty of life in her, I wouldn't want to see her go. Praying for her.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    131
    She's 90.

    We don't need her back in a ring.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    694
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkeywool View Post
    She's 90.

    We don't need her back in a ring.
    There's no denying that, but it's pretty clear the woman loves the business, else she wouldn't have stuck around for like seven decades or so. Besides, it's fun seeing her in a backstage skit or two once in a while, no?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    131
    Quote Originally Posted by SilkEmperor View Post
    There's no denying that, but it's pretty clear the woman loves the business, else she wouldn't have stuck around for like seven decades or so. Besides, it's fun seeing her in a backstage skit or two once in a while, no?
    It stopped being fun watching an elderly woman with the onset of dementia being wheeled out for comedy sketches about 20 years ago.

    That being said, I wasn't talking backstage skits, I was talking about the OP saying "We need you back in the ring".

    No. That'd be bad for everyone, especially Mae Young.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    694
    Sorry, misunderstood your post. I definitely agree with you on the 'never get back in the ring' part. But, I think we both agree on that it's not that harmful to have her show up backstage, right? Not funny, maybe, for some (like you) and I totally respect that. But harmful, not by any means.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    131
    Quote Originally Posted by SilkEmperor View Post
    Sorry, misunderstood your post. I definitely agree with you on the 'never get back in the ring' part. But, I think we both agree on that it's not that harmful to have her show up backstage, right? Not funny, maybe, for some (like you) and I totally respect that. But harmful, not by any means.
    Each to their own, if she enjoyed it and she wasn't being manipulated then sure, why not?

    Hope she pulls through, mind. She is 90 though.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,056
    Not "back in the ring" literally, I mean back in WWE. Mae Young couldn't get back in the ring even if she tried. But lets hope she can make a full recovery first, that is the most important thing right now.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Choclate factory basement
    Posts
    2,497
    Not that I'm a big fan or anything but I do hope she pulls through.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    5,729
    The old girl has gone through a lot......as disgusting as some of it was.........

    I hope she pulls through as well...

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Canberra, Australia
    Posts
    14,541
    I hope she pulls through this, Mae is awesome.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Newfoundland, Canada.
    Posts
    3,659
    I'm past her time, but regardless, get well Mae.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    The Wells of Phoenicia
    Posts
    867
    She's the Iron Lady of the WWE, I'm pretty sure she'll come out of this one on top.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    3,386
    Several reports are saying that Mae Young has been taken off of life support.

    R.I.P to one of the Grand Ladies of wrestling!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    670
    No R.I.P yet but it's sadly only a matter of time now.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Behind you.
    Posts
    521
    I feel sorry for her Son.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Australia...MATE!
    Posts
    8,618
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainDamage View Post
    I feel sorry for her Son.
    Hand Henry or her real son. Does she have a real son?

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Australia...MATE!
    Posts
    8,618
    Some sad news being reported. Mae Young has passed on into heaven. My condolences go out to friends and family of Mae a young in this tough time.

    R.I.P Mae Young

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    5,729
    She died????????!!!!!!!!!!

    Holy Cow.........never thought I'd see the day

    R.I.P. Mae...........

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfZ3TadDgwM

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    670
    *sigh* This is so sad. R.I.P Mae Young

  21. #21
    Mike Mooneyham of The Charleston Post & Courier in South Carolina, who has been reporting updates on Mae Young since she was hospitalized in December, says she has not passed away after incorrectly reporting it earlier. Mooneyham tweeted:

    "Mae Young has not passed away. The source who reported her passing received incorrect information. Mae is gravely ill, but still alive."
    http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/...mae-young-has/

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    The Wisconsin Chainsaw Massacre
    Posts
    2,318
    Who will take care of little Hand Henry? His father is a deadbeat that just ranaway from his responsibilities.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    479
    I hope she pulls through. If anyone can overcome this it's her.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Australia...MATE!
    Posts
    8,618
    As the news was reported, the person given information on Mae Young was false. I am still wishing Mae the best of luck.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    5,729
    Now she's still alive................

    Wow........whoever reported that false statement can eat ☺☺☺☺ and die!!!!!!!!!!!!

  26. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Australia...MATE!
    Posts
    8,618
    Quote Originally Posted by gmensox007 View Post
    Now she's still alive................

    Wow........whoever reported that false statement can eat ☺☺☺☺ and die!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Yes, she is still alive and pushing through. Not that I'm wanting it to come, but it is still possible she may pass in her condition. Hope not though.

  27. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,056
    Please no more sad news today. First they said she was dead and almost had me crying now she is alive. Mae Young get well soon, you are my favorite legend. It is really sad that WWE won't even mention that she is really sick on their programming, they won't mention anything until she is dead. Shame on WWE.

  28. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    5,729
    According to the latest reports Mae is gravely ill........it doesn't look good............

    you have been one of the best WWE Legends ever Mae........whatever happens, you will never be forgotten.......

  29. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Canberra, Australia
    Posts
    14,541
    I'm not sure if correct but her wiki says she has passed away? :\ I don't know whats happening D;

  30. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Australia...MATE!
    Posts
    8,618
    Quote Originally Posted by SychoSid1 View Post
    I'm not sure if correct but her wiki says she has passed away? :\ I don't know whats happening D;
    Go back and read again, it says different now.

  31. #31
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Canberra, Australia
    Posts
    14,541
    Its still there Coz...

  32. #32
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Australia...MATE!
    Posts
    8,618
    Quote Originally Posted by SychoSid1 View Post
    Its still there Coz...
    The first link to Wikipedia is the one i looked at last night and it did have it and now doesn't. Didn't notice the other link didn't either.

  33. #33
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,056
    Well we'll found out tomorrow on smackdown if she is dead or not. I think wrestlinginc is the only site saying she is alive all other sites says she is dead. Wait if it is not on WWE.com that means she is not dead.

  34. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    The Wisconsin Chainsaw Massacre
    Posts
    2,318
    Quote Originally Posted by TheChickfromWestHigh View Post
    Well we'll found out tomorrow on smackdown if she is dead or not. I think wrestlinginc is the only site saying she is alive all other sites says she is dead. Wait if it is not on WWE.com that means she is not dead.
    I thought she died years ago. And somehow her corpse has still been shuffling around. That's how she looked, at least.

  35. #35
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Behind you.
    Posts
    521
    Oh that was Cozza.

    R.I.P Mae young.

  36. #36
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    670
    Quote Originally Posted by TheChickfromWestHigh View Post
    Please no more sad news today. First they said she was dead and almost had me crying now she is alive. Mae Young get well soon, you are my favorite legend. It is really sad that WWE won't even mention that she is really sick on their programming, they won't mention anything until she is dead. Shame on WWE.
    If I remember right, Michael Cole made a small mention of her being sick on RAW.

  37. #37
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    4,003
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlieChainsaw View Post
    I thought she died years ago. And somehow her corpse has still been shuffling around. That's how she looked, at least.
    Have some respect.

  38. #38
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Canberra, Australia
    Posts
    14,541
    Agreed.

    As of 13 hours ago, apparently she is on her death bed :\

  39. #39
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Manhattan, New York
    Posts
    1,984
    Quote Originally Posted by gmensox007 View Post
    Now she's still alive................

    Wow........whoever reported that false statement can eat ☺☺☺☺ and die!!!!!!!!!!!!
    LOL no she probably pulled an undertake and rose from the dead and was like "I'm not ready yet"

  40. #40
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    4,003
    Quote Originally Posted by jaispeed2013 View Post
    LOL no she probably pulled an undertake and rose from the dead and was like "I'm not ready yet"
    Then she Tombstoned the doctor.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •