Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chris Benoit Will Be Shown On the WWE Network

As noted, the WWE Network will show Chris Benoit footage but an advisory message will be shown before he appears. In an update, word is that any show that features Benoit will have the advisory message that plays at the beginning, stating that all characters on this show are purely fictional.
    http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/...-with-warrior/

I'm sure the discretionary warning will be something along the lines of pointing out what Chris did without specifics, and saying the WWE does not condone his actions. It may sound stupid, but this whole thing is really unprecedented as far as I know.

Not sure how the NFL dealt with OJ Simpson.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainDamage View Post
    Think he will be in WWE 2k15?
    I think it's all but confirmed at this point.

No, I'm not serious.

I wouldn't go so far as to say that Benoit will be in the WWE Games, but it's obvious that WWE is softening up their policies regarding him. And, quite frankly, that angers me.

I guess they figured they couldn't hide him away anymore. At least not on the WWE Network.

Quote Originally Posted by Brawn534 View Post
    I wouldn't go so far as to say that Benoit will be in the WWE Games, but it's obvious that WWE is softening up their policies regarding him. And, quite frankly, that angers me.
    But...why?

Like a many have said, I don't like what he did, but I also DO like what he did, in WRESTLING

Even if the name is the same, When we think Undertaker, we don't think that Mark Calloway(is that the name) is a Zombie dude, should be the same with Benoit, Honor the Wrestler, not the person playing the wrestler.

Quote Originally Posted by Xman321 View Post
    But...why?

Like a many have said, I don't like what he did, but I also DO like what he did, in WRESTLING

Even if the name is the same, When we think Undertaker, we don't think that Mark Calloway(is that the name) is a Zombie dude, should be the same with Benoit, Honor the Wrestler, not the person playing the wrestler.
    The answer should be pretty obvious

Quote Originally Posted by SetoKaiba View Post
    The answer should be pretty obvious
    I Know why he is angry.

I Know why he is angry.
    Who? It has nothing to do with anger.

But...why?

Mark never slaughtered his own family. Mark never committed suicide. The difference is obvious.

Mark never slaughtered his own family. Mark never committed suicide. The difference is obvious.
    He set his brother on fire.

You're a dick, you know that?

Personally, I don't care if he gets shown. I won't be mad if they don't show him and I won't be happy if they do show him. I just don't care.
    Last edited by WWEfan57; 01-10-2014 at 01:36 AM.

Minor Update - ProWrestlingScoops.com:

- As previously reported, WWE is planning to air Chris Benoit footage on the WWE Network with a disclaimer before any show that features Benoit on it. The latest update on this is that an advisory will air at the very beginning of the broadcast noting that all characters on the program are “purely fictional.”

Like it or not the guy was a huge player for them for years, it was really a matter of time before he was re-introduced to the audience. The advisory should help in making clear that they are dealing specifically with the persona and not the person though.

Warning: this program includes great wrestling matches.
    Because, basically, any program Benoit was on had at least 1 great match, not mention better roster in the period too.

Agreed, Benoit was great.

Lol

And then as revenge, said brother buried taker alive, twice.

The advisory is supposed to be something about Beniot character being fictional.

But...why?

Undertaker didn't murder two people. Separating character from actor goes right out the window as soon as you take a life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYGLTLBweS0

Quote Originally Posted by OrangesofDeth View Post
    Undertaker didn't murder two people. Separating character from actor goes right out the window as soon as you take a life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYGLTLBweS0
    Ok, if a guy who Played Peter Pan Killed someone, you would hate Peter Pan?

Do people like Peter Pan now?

Quote Originally Posted by WWEfan57 View Post
    Do people like Peter Pan now?
    How about Mario? or the dude in halo.

There we go. Well, considering the guy from Halo's job was to kill things I'm not sure he is a good comparison.

There we go. Well, considering the guy from Halo's job was to kill things I'm not sure he is a good comparison.
    This is wrestling compared to halo, whats the diffrence

Well.... I guess you're right.

Ok, if a guy who Played Peter Pan Killed someone, you would hate Peter Pan?
    ...I didn't even like him in the first place.

How about Mario? or the dude in halo.
    They FICTIONALLY killed FICTIONAL characters. Benoit legitimately murdered two real people.

That's very true. And I'm not sure if they could get away with saying Benoit is a fictional character. Wasn't Chris Benoit his birth name?

...I didn't even like him in the first place.

They FICTIONALLY killed FICTIONAL characters. Benoit legitimately murdered two real people.
    I Ment if the voice actor of Mario or Master Cheif killed someone, would you hate the character?

That's very true. And I'm not sure if they could get away with saying Benoit is a fictional character. Wasn't Chris Benoit his birth name?
    As I believe,

Now, I am excited to see the WM 20 Triple Threat in HD

Quote Originally Posted by justinlynch3 View Post
    The advisory is supposed to be something about Beniot character being fictional.
    kinda funny when basically they have turned Daniel bryan into chris benoit (minus the wyatt attire of course) think about it:

Benoit - Finisher - Crossface Bryan - Finisher - Yes Lock
    Benoit - Sig - Diving Headbutt Bryan - Sig - Diving Headbutt
    even their styles are very much similar and benoit was great on the mic just like bryan is

You don't know how happy I would be if one day, a decade from now, they put Benoit in a videogame. He deserves it. He put heart into every match he worked. And his work was like Picasso. Granted, Picasso only lost an ear.

Quote Originally Posted by jaispeed2013 View Post
    even their styles are very much similar and benoit was great on the mic just like bryan is
    Wait what? Benoit was great on the mic? Since when?

I Ment if the voice actor of Mario or Master Cheif killed someone, would you hate the character?
    Those are characters that can be played by multiple different actors. So yes, I would more than likely hate the character when portrayed by whatever murderous voice actor, but I wouldn't have a problem with the character when played by others.

kinda funny when basically they have turned Daniel bryan into chris benoit (minus the wyatt attire of course) think about it:

Benoit - Finisher - Crossface Bryan - Finisher - Yes Lock
    Benoit - Sig - Diving Headbutt Bryan - Sig - Diving Headbutt
    Benoit used the diving headbutt as a secondary finisher.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Nicks View Post
    You don't know how happy I would be if one day, a decade from now, they put Benoit in a videogame. He deserves it. He put heart into every match he worked. And his work was like Picasso. Granted, Picasso only lost an ear.
    Y'know, for a guy who inserts his religious beliefs into half his posts, this is stupidly hypocritical.

[QUOTE=Brawn534;5640396]Those are characters that can be played by multiple different actors. So yes, I would more than likely hate the character when portrayed by whatever murderous voice actor, but I wouldn't have a problem with the character when played by others.

QUOTE]

no at times he used to hit the diving headbutt to an opponent faced down on the mat and then lock in the crossface, that my friend is considered a prelude to a finisher not a second finisher

Y'know, for a guy who inserts his religious beliefs into half his posts, this is stupidly hypocritical.
    1. I'm stupid, so I fit the bill.
    2. Not really hypocritical in any way.

1. I'm stupid, so I fit the bill.
    2. Not really hypocritical in any way.
    I don't read the Bible, but I'm pretty sure that it's against killing.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangesofDeth View Post
    Wait what? Benoit was great on the mic? Since when?
    My thoughts exactly. The man's ring work was immaculate but his promo chops were never something to remember.

Um that was Van Gogh who lost an ear, not Picasso, and yes Benoit should be in games and the HoF based on his wrestling work but that would be a really stupid move on the E's part; mainstream media would be all over their asses blasting them and demonizing them and that's not what's best for business.

I don't read the Bible, but I'm pretty sure that it's against killing.
    Read it before you say things.

[QUOTE=jaispeed2013;5640406]
    Those are characters that can be played by multiple different actors. So yes, I would more than likely hate the character when portrayed by whatever murderous voice actor, but I wouldn't have a problem with the character when played by others.

QUOTE]

no at times he used to hit the diving headbutt to an opponent faced down on the mat and then lock in the crossface, that my friend is considered a prelude to a finisher not a second finisher
    Apparently according to trainers in WWE that the Diving Headbutt doesn't hurt your head at all.

[QUOTE=SychoSid1;5640596]

Apparently according to trainers in WWE that the Diving Headbutt doesn't hurt your head at all.
    Really? I've gone the entire year thinking that Benoit had brain damage!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast