Thread: I just got NBA 2k14 on Xbox 1 but my internet is off

I just got NBA 2k14 on Xbox 1 but my internet is off

the game is not allowing me to play even offline single player because its saying I need to be signed in to Xbox one profile but I don't have internet access I can't sign in so how am I supposed to be able to play offline?

You can't.

Y in sam hill would they make it like that not everyone has access to the internet? So I can't play my 2k14 then $60 down the drain.

Because it's 2014 and it's pretty much a requirement now to play a next gen console... Why are you surprised..

I'm able to play Madden offline continue without saving as an option. At least EA got some things right.

Was your internet on when you played Madden for the first time? I think all games on Xbone need a one time connection before playing for the first time. It was supposed to be every 24 hours before they changed it.
    Last edited by Zeokage; 01-26-2014 at 06:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeokage View Post
    Was your internet on when you played Madden for the first time? I think all games on Xbone need a one time connection before playing for the first time. It was supposed to be every 24 hours before they changed it.
    I believe this gentleman is correct.

I actually went to a friends house uses internet connection to download the bunch that you have to download to start the Xbox 1 the original download to get into the Xbox one and get it all going but after that no my first time putting Madden and I did not need the Internet connected over a friends house I even try to download the patch for NBA 2k14 but it took so long I disconnected it after like an hour of sitting there and only get to 6 percent but then I got home deleted the six percent started over it installed the game like it was supposed to

it actually only took a couple minutes like maybe 15 minutes to do install both games then I was able to play Madden without saving but 2 K's stated specifically I needed to be logged onto a profile

It's not on the back that there is an internet connection required, since it wasn't shipped that way. Maybe you can take it back and get a refund based on the fact that they didn't tell you that it was required and now you can't play it. Besides that, it's 2014, get a goshdang internet connection.

listen up partner sometimes you gotta let go of some things when money is tight there's going to be some situations when you probably won't have it soon as you leave mom & dad's house

Quote Originally Posted by rodizell View Post
    I actually went to a friends house uses internet connection to download the bunch that you have to download to start the Xbox 1 the original download to get into the Xbox one and get it all going but after that no my first time putting Madden and I did not need the Internet connected over a friends house I even try to download the patch for NBA 2k14 but it took so long I disconnected it after like an hour of sitting there and only get to 6 percent but then I got home deleted the six percent started over it installed the game like it was supposed to
    Sorry, lack of punctuation made this confusing... Where were you the first time you put Madden into the console? I would be surprised if you downloaded everything for your console and didn't try to put the game on while you were there unless something stopped you. You also say your internet was "off" in the title, was it on at any stage?

Scratch that, I may have found the answer...

see told you cats I know what it is like I said man played offline gave me the option to play without saving but NBA 2k don't

I find it funny you say you can't afford internet but you have an xbox one and buy new games.... Again these new consoles require internet connection to operate optimally. 2k14 requires it for your VC as the upgrade transactions for your character and myteam and so forth goes through their servers. Yes each time you upgrade your my career character that goes through the servers. Not saying we are happy about it but sounds like you just need to get your money back. Maybe sell your xbox one for something that you can play without the internet. A ps2 maybe?

Ps3 and Xbox 360 would work fine.