Thread: Why Daniel Bryan? What Happen to CM Punk?

Why Daniel Bryan? What Happen to CM Punk?

I feel like CM Punk's era was cut short. And I'm afraid that Daniel Bryan will follow.

If you wasn't behind Punk when he had 1st debuted, or in the SES, then people that were behind should know why the focus is off of him now. If I mention the Undertaker vs CM Punk match, how many of you would think back to CM Punk trying to defeat the streak, or say "which one?" Because, honestly, it was good before.

We can say that CM Punk have done everything that there is. But... I have a feeling that says "even Randy Orton have done more than him." I say that, because Randy Orton have done enough to become a legend. He have been a future Hall of Famer I believe 4 or 5 years ago. You can't say that about CM Punk.

And now we have Daniel Bryan. Some people don't want Sting to go to the WWE. Then why even get behind a guy like Daniel Bryan? Were we not behind the Nexus (mainly Wade Barrett, David Otunga & Justin Gabriel)? Were we not behind, Zack Ryder (for some reason)? Were we not behind Cody Rhodes, Kofi Kingston, Jack swagger, Antonio Cesaro, Brodus Clay and Titus O'neil?

Does Daniel Bryan actually have starpower, or are we just looking for something new? I'm pretty sure he's gonna fall right in with those guys that I have named. But if you don't believe that, then what do you like about Daniel Bryan?

Thats the thing, CM Punk has done so much in his career but he hasn't done the two major things he has to do, the Rumble and headline Wrestlemania.

CM Punk has submitted himself in WWE history forever. There is no disputing that. He's created moments that will be replayed for generations to come. Not only that but out of something like over 100 WWE Champions, he's in one of the top 20 longest title reigns. CM Punk is for sure a future Hall of Famer. As for Daniel Bryan, he is obviously going to be a key part of WWE's future. He's proven to be a marketable character, the fans LOVE him and he can wrestle. He's got everything WWE needs in a star.

Just because these guys aren't in the title scene doesn't mean that aren't being successful. Jake Roberts never touched a title yet he was one of the most memorable and cherished wrestlers in WWE history. Plus even if they aren't the "main event" their segments are still one of the most important and highest quality parts of the shows to watch. You ask me, Punk and Bryan are doing great.

Fireheart...the thing is, I'm not sure about build up or anything but I'm not sure if Daniel Bryan is marketable. All four PPVs he headlined did a low buyrate (Even HIAC with Shawn Michaels) so I just don't know if it translates. But I'm pretty sure when Bryan was headlining the house shows, the brand he was on got more attendance than when Cena was headlining which is really good.

There's a reason why people don't buy WWE PPVs. Royal Rumble was a prime example of why. People just aren't getting there money's worth. If Daniel Bryan was in the rumble as a surprise entrant right when everyone thought he wasn't going to be in it, that would've made the PPV right there. The people who didn't see it would've bought the replay.

D-Bry is marketable, his T-Shirt sales are pretty great from what I hear.

Well from a live report, all there were mainly was John Cena, Sin Cara and Daniel Bryan beards. The only things that sold out quickly were Dolph Zigglers and CM Punks merch.

Dolph is nowhere near over enough to sell out merch. Where the heck are you getting these reports?

Actually Dolph is one of the most over superstars in WWE. The crowd reactions he gets in-ring are great. Unfortunately the WWE just focusing on other people at the moment. It's okay though because Ziggler is still on his grind.

Quote Originally Posted by Double-H215 View Post
    I feel like CM Punk's era was cut short. And I'm afraid that Daniel Bryan will follow.

If you wasn't behind Punk when he had 1st debuted, or in the SES, then people that were behind should know why the focus is off of him now. If I mention the Undertaker vs CM Punk match, how many of you would think back to CM Punk trying to defeat the streak, or say "which one?" Because, honestly, it was good before.

We can say that CM Punk have done everything that there is. But... I have a feeling that says "even Randy Orton have done more than him." I say that, because Randy Orton have done enough to become a legend. He have been a future Hall of Famer I believe 4 or 5 years ago. You can't say that about CM Punk.

And now we have Daniel Bryan. Some people don't want Sting to go to the WWE. Then why even get behind a guy like Daniel Bryan? Were we not behind the Nexus (mainly Wade Barrett, David Otunga & Justin Gabriel)? Were we not behind, Zack Ryder (for some reason)? Were we not behind Cody Rhodes, Kofi Kingston, Jack swagger, Antonio Cesaro, Brodus Clay and Titus O'neil?

Does Daniel Bryan actually have starpower, or are we just looking for something new? I'm pretty sure he's gonna fall right in with those guys that I have named. But if you don't believe that, then what do you like about Daniel Bryan?
    I wasn't behind Clay & Kofi :3 . But back to the topic now, I just find Bryan to be a big goat.

I'm not saying that because they're not in the title picture, I'm saying that because how the new age is run. Plus, I'm pretty much acknowledged that this is a Daniel Bryan era. I feel like CM Punk faded to the back a little. The Miz actually headlined at Wrestlemania, and won the main title (the WWE Championship). And he wa cut short.

But I believe those who pointed it out, that Daniel Bryan and CM Punk created moments for themselves. That's... that's how you put yourself in the Hall of Fame in the WWE.

But I still feel that there's more to do with Punk. There's the Rumble and headlining Mania, yes, but there's something else.

Thats the thing, Miz got booked so weak during his run, of course he didn't get over with the fans. If Miz beat Orton cleanly, won the EC Chamber cleanly and beat Miz with help of Rock, he would of done so much better.

CM Punk, like everyone else nowadays, was subject to poor booking by WWE. When they pushed him they pushed him to the top, and they kept him there. They kept him there, and eventually the fans stopped caring. They stopped rooting for Punk because now there was a new kid on the block, a kid who was far more likable and had a natural presence. The WWE then realized that Punk was no longer the hot commodity he once was, they realized that they had him at the top too long. Now Punk has been moved out of the way for Daniel Bryan. One thing about WWE fans: They hate the people who are at the top and love the people who are being held away from the main event. It looks like WWE has realized this now.

Quote Originally Posted by Double-H215 View Post
    Of course Bryan has starpower. He practically oozes charisma, and if he didn't have it people wouldn't be as likely to get behind him. No, Bryan most certainly has something special about him, something that makes people want to get behind him and support him.