Thread: Why no patches since fall?

Why no patches since fall?

The game has a lot of bugs and stability issues, why hasn't there even been a hotfix since fall?

Even basic bugs like checking the victory progress to see what everyone's civs are (including unmet players)

Quote Originally Posted by Fuglypump View Post
    The game has a lot of bugs and stability issues, why hasn't there even been a hotfix since fall?

Even basic bugs like checking the victory progress to see what everyone's civs are (including unmet players)
    A) Development is winding down for Civ 5, thus we MAY get one more patch or small DLC, or we may not.

B) The game does NOT have "lots of bugs and stability issues". I'm sure it has some, but "a lot", within the context of video game development, is not accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by stethnorun View Post
    A) Development is winding down for Civ 5, thus we MAY get one more patch or small DLC, or we may not.

B) The game does NOT have "lots of bugs and stability issues". I'm sure it has some, but "a lot", within the context of video game development, is not accurate.
    "a lot" meaning like 90% of the games have desyncs and crashes every single time and when someone rejoins it breaks the game 50% of the time. I'm just tired of spending 2 or 3 hours in an online game only to crash or desync.

Well, MP issues don't affect most players, as most seem to play SP only. Also, MP is far more stable than that for a lot of people.

I don't think anything has been said publicly about development for Civ5 winding down, though.

I would not mind a small DLC what-so-ever...

Quote Originally Posted by Fuglypump View Post

That is already available. Go to Options from the Main Menu. Then click the Interface Pane. Then check on Single Player Score List. The victory progress will show in the upper right hand corner of the game map.

Sometimes it obscures resource location icons if there are a lot. Just save the game and uncheck it for one turn. Save the game and then re-check it.

Quote Originally Posted by SamBC View Post
    I don't think anything has been said publicly about development for Civ5 winding down, though.
    That is true. It's also true that developers and publishers almost never make that official, as it might impact future sales.

So few people play multiplayer because it was not a real option for so long. Even now its clearly the afterthought.

The chicken and the egg.

Quote Originally Posted by Artifex View Post
    So few people play multiplayer because it was not a real option for so long. Even now its clearly the afterthought.

The chicken and the egg.
    This.
    The Civ5's multiplayer has been ill-conceived from the beginning, and had very little support for years.

Just off the top of my head:

science overflow / production overflow bug(you can use a single great scientist to jump from any era to the information era)

pillage/repair in enemies land for health every turn, or just pillage repair improvements where there is no city (a city was there but got razed) for infinite gold.

victory progress shows you all civs in game.

the first 2 are severe bugs, the first one in particular can send a civ from the medevil times to the info era in no time, breaking the game completely.

those are just bugs, the game also has terribly bad balance issues (ranged units completly outclassing melee units or siege units, tradition and rationalism being massively overpowered social policy trees).

If you call that a "severe bug"... i don't know. Ever play Simcity? Now THAT is bugy. What you write is more of a exlpoit than a bug in my book. And i haven't hat a single crash in CiV sind vanilla, so not really "lots of stability issues"
    As of the multiplayer, as said before the game was and is meant as a single player game.

I agree that there are not a lot of severe bugs. When compared to all the things the game does right, the list is quite small.

I play every day with people all over the country and world (I'm a member of a private group), and we have no severe stability issues, only the occasional resyncs, which just pass like a hiccup, and then the game continues.

I'm very confident there will be a 'spring patch' (the dev's have shown a pattern in the past of biannual spring/fall patches). I'm hoping for some enhancements to multiplayer (in particular the lobby & staging room), but whatever it is -there will likely be a spring patch in March or April I'm predicting.

IIRC the development of civ 4 ended in a final patch that came quite a bit later then the final expansion. not saying this implies anything, but i wouldn't be too surprised if the civ 5 dev team also rolled out at least one final patch somewhere down the line.

They're releasing Civ V Complete and a free New World Deluxe Scenario at the start of February. Most likely it will be accompanied by a small patch (if only to add small changes necessary for the scenario).

15. Quote Originally Posted by istry555 View Post
    They're releasing Civ V Complete and a free New World Deluxe Scenario at the start of February. Most likely it will be accompanied by a small patch (if only to add small changes necessary for the scenario).
    Link????????

Link????????
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpo...69&postcount=1

17. Alright, that's pretty much it. No more new content for Civ 5.

It's a pity no-one from 2k could come here and tell us here on their official forums.

19. Quote Originally Posted by tfordp View Post
    It's a pity no-one from 2k could come here and tell us here on their official forums.
    Twitter is the new forums

That was CFC, not Twitter.

I can confirm, Civilization V: Complete is coming soon and the Conquest for the New World Deluxe Scenario will be included in Civ V: Complete.
    In addition to this, The Conquest of the New World Deluxe Scenario will be available for FREE via Steam to everyone who already owns a copy of Brave New World. Also, The Conquest of the New World Deluxe Scenario will be attached for FREE to anyone who purchases Brave New World going forward as a bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Ga1Friday View Post
    I can confirm, Civilization V: Complete is coming soon and the Conquest for the New World Deluxe Scenario will be included in Civ V: Complete.
    In addition to this, The Conquest of the New World Deluxe Scenario will be available for FREE via Steam to everyone who already owns a copy of Brave New World. Also, The Conquest of the New World Deluxe Scenario will be attached for FREE to anyone who purchases Brave New World going forward as a bonus.
    Thank you, Kate.
    Do you have some more info for us? For instance, will there also be a patch together with the DLC?

Quote Originally Posted by anandus View Post
    Thank you, Kate.
    Do you have some more info for us? For instance, will there also be a patch together with the DLC?
    I also second that. Any more patches in the works?

I do not believe that there is a patch coming along with the scenario.

Thank you for your reply, Kate!

Thanks for the info, but the key question is: WILL there be a patch sometime in the (hopefully near) future ? Or is the scenario a nice parting gift ?
    Cheers

Steam downloaded a 192.7MB update at around 19:00 GMT yesterday 5th of Feb 2014, anyone know what this update is? almost 200mb seems a little big for just a hot fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojito View Post
    As of the multiplayer, as said before the game was and is meant as a single player game.
    Then why on earth is there a multiplayer option?
    Civ has been a good multiplayer game since version 3.

BTW can anyone explain me how this science overflow bug Works, or it doesnt in vanilla?

Quote Originally Posted by adie85 View Post
    Steam downloaded a 192.7MB update at around 19:00 GMT yesterday 5th of Feb 2014, anyone know what this update is? almost 200mb seems a little big for just a hot fix.
    I believe that's New World Deluxe for anyone with BNW.

It's sad if there will be no more patches, to fix at least some annoying bugs like the display of unmet civs and the globe mouse pointer in the trade screen.

Is there any work being done for patches at all or has support ended?

It's a shame to see the end of Civ5.

Nobody plays multiplayer because it is broken.

The AI is also idiotic so I don't understand why anybody would want to play single player.

2k needs to fix multiplayer.

Quote Originally Posted by Gbest View Post
    It's sad if there will be no more patches, to fix at least some annoying bugs like the display of unmet civs and the globe mouse pointer in the trade screen.
    Totally agree. Those bugs are my 2 biggest gripes

Trade agreements are still broken since the October patch, so you can only play on good faith terms. It's very strange to release a complete edition without fixing such an obvious (and simple) bug after 3-4 months. There will definitely be another patch.

I'm aware there was a 'hotfix' but it didn't do anything.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=514876

Well now we know, that there was no patch with the scenario (a shame, that you didn't know that).

But whats with the future? Can you request (and then tell us) information, if there is another patch planed?