Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: clothes in mafia 2?

Question clothes in mafia 2?

can we buy clothes in mafia 2? 'cause i really want to fit vito with some fancy 50s clothes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jukebox View Post
    can we buy clothes in mafia 2? 'cause i really want to fit vito with some fancy 50s clothes.
    yes you can

Of course we can buy it. There's so many articles that mentioned about this.

i would wish that u can buy your clothes piece by piece.
    that u can choose your shirt and then ur jacket. Not that u can only buy complete sets.

Quote Originally Posted by esk View Post
    i would wish that u can buy your clothes piece by piece.
    that u can choose your shirt and then ur jacket. Not that u can only buy complete sets.
    Same thought with me. Yes I want that we able to buy clothes like in GTA San Andreas or GTA IV. So we can combine others part from clothes and then fit it into Vito's body. That must be great

no i dont want it to be like in gta4 cause u cant decide which shirt he is wearing under his jacket. I ment that u can decide which shirt, vest, jacket and coat

no i dont want it to be like in gta4 cause u cant decide which shirt he is wearing under his jacket. I ment that u can decide which shirt, vest, jacket and coat
    lol omg dude... he knows -.-" its was an example... lol

Think before you post, dude. Read carefully on it.
    Of course I know that all.

ok dude im gonna think bout it dude. i wont forget dude

the adding of "buying clothes" and "you cand go here and there to start and select the mission" just makes me sad!

thats not what the mafia game is all about! it starts to be more and more like gta and godfather 2, which i haaaaate!

i already know what im going to buy for vito!!..a sweet all white suit, with a white fedora..real classy like..

Quote Originally Posted by 495 View Post
    the adding of "buying clothes" and "you cand go here and there to start and select the mission" just makes me sad!

thats not what the mafia game is all about! it starts to be more and more like gta and godfather 2, which i haaaaate!
    So? Was it the fact that free roam was included in the games that made them bad? You say you hate those games and I agree on the GF2 part, it was really aweful but because of other things. It wasn't really showing any progress since GF1 and you can't call having your own family "progress", it's really just a new feature. On the other hand I like most GTA games, since they were basically the pioneers (or w/e) of these types of games and they were the first sandbox games I every played, hence they mean something to me.

Anyways I think that if you truly are a fan of Mafia I then you should not be too quick to judge this sequel, since Mafia I was not a good game only because of the story being linear. You get my point? It goes both ways. I mean I don't think you said this when you first played Mafia I: "Wow a linear story, this is awesome!". I mean most games have a linear story, they can still be bad, right? I am really looking forward to Mafia II and I hope it will knock down GTA IV from the sandbox throne and make people understand that it has been praised too much, I mean it is awesome, but certainly not perfect. To quote Ron Standard Jr. (RSJgamerpro on YouTube).

"I want graphics so real that PC games look BETTER than the real world, I want to look out the window and think, 'Those graphics suck! I'm going to play on my PC"
    Last edited by Gamba; 08-07-2009 at 01:11 PM.

yes, when it involves a story, a linear game is waaay better than a sandbox one...

when i played mafia 1, gta3 was out for a month or 2... gta its fun, but not great, maybe san andreas is the greatest, but only half as great as mafia 1, catch my drift?

yes, when it involves a story, a linear game is waaay better than a sandbox one...

when i played mafia 1, gta3 was out for a month or 2... gta its fun, but not great, maybe san andreas is the greatest, but only half as great as mafia 1, catch my drift?
    Yeah I can agree that Mafia I had probably one of the best (if not THE) best story in a game that I have ever seen. You don't really give much examples as to why you think a linear game has a better story though.
    I think the story in GTA IV is great, but not overall great, there are certain parts of the story that I enjoy more than others, mainly because of the lack of details in those other parts. But still it was just not the story that made Mafia great, I think most will agree with me that you don't play a game that has an awesome story but really bad gameplay. It is still physically possible to write a really good story for a sanbox game. Great stories are not copyrighted by games that have a linear story. Catch MY drift?

Also here is a possibility (and also almost on-topic ): What if the story IS linear. I know it doesn't seem like it but what if you can't choose between several missions at the same time. What if you're just moved forward in the timeline a bit (because I doubt that we will play every day of this 10 year span of Vito's life) then you're placed in the sandbox and free to do whatever you want and when you feel ready you can go trigger the mission and then it just repeats itself (or in some parts you can't roam around freely, because of the story). It's just one of these missions at the same time and in your free time (before you trigger the mission) then you can eat, buy clothes, cars and guns etc.

no one has said you can select missions in an order you want, you can't, it's story driven like the first, a linear movie like game that offers more features and choices than the first, all side missions are also integrated into the story.

I agree about the padding, and is good that some of the "extras" (going to the gym) have already been dropped, it really doesn't need all that imo, it will just distract from the flow of the story, which to me is the single most important thing.

a non linear, and not obligated way of starting the mission, would possibly distract the atention from the story... u could get carried away, and forget what the game is all about... thats what i meant!

i simply dont like the way gta missions are working... u can go here, or here, or here and start this mission or that mission or that mission...

i pray for a simple or not that important way of buying clothes, get parts and repair the car, or something like that!

the main focus should be(and is) on the missions and the game that we all want! just like mafia 1 but with different graphics, different missions, story, weapons, cars, and what made the first one great and a little more!

Talking

That's going to be cool! I'll dress Vito in all black with a trench coat with gloves to cover my little friend
    Last edited by VitoScarletta; 08-09-2009 at 10:37 AM.

18. yup, it will be pretty awesome, i think i will go for a black suit with a pinstripe and a nice powerful looking fedora.

Don't make this Saint's Row. No pirate costumes or anything. Maybe a cop costume and stuff like that, but definately no Halloween costumes like a ****ing hot dog suit! No Mafioso would ever be caught in a hot dog suit!

20. pretty sure that they wont be putting anything like that in there. i just hope that there will be a large selection of suits, shoes, and hats.
    Last edited by The Black Fedora; 01-21-2010 at 04:45 PM.

i don`t want a suit. All i want is a leather jacket and a lumber jacket

i can just picture it. it would be sweet.......................

Yea well, I do like the idea of being able to change one's outfit — Tommy could have used a Fedora and an intimidating overcoat way more in the first game — as long as it's done better than in GTA 4. In principle Niko could select from a variety of clothes but practically the system was IMO pretty much fubar. It kind of reminded me of the days my mum used to tell me "no, you ain't gonna wear THAT shirt with THOSE pants, mister, and you're going to put on THIS tie instead of THAT one".

Also, it would be a nice addition to detail, if the PCs clothing would mean something besides being simply a cosmetic touch. For example, wearing an overcoat would allow the player carry a long gun (SMGs, rifles, shotguns) covertly while making Vito move slightly slower. Could be bad gameplay, but I've always wondered in what pocket Tommy put away his Tommygun/shotgun/sawn-off/rifle in the first game. I know my suit doesn't come with such space, but then again it's always possible I'm just too fat.

Quite obviously there are buttloads of tiny little details that just never get implemented in games. Realistic inventory is one thing (there are just so many pockets in your average suit, Italian or not) and another is this thing with reloading a firearm. In most shooters players are provided with limited ammunition but they curiously enough sport an unlimited amount of magazines. Now you see, in real life you're actually very interested in your magazines and unless you'd have gazillions of those tucked into your pockets, you'd hardly throw them away or bother with reloading after every single shot. I recall that in SWAT 4 this whole reloading business was done in quite a realistic way: initially the player had some five full magazines (each represented in the HUD) to go with and hitting the reload key merely switched in a new clip (instead of magically replenishing the original magazine itself as in most shooters) — so one could change a "slightly used" magazine for a full one before storming a room but you'd still come across those half-full clips later on.

Gameplay wise things like these hardly mean anything radical in most games. It's just that for a guy like me tiny little details such as these make for a little more comprehensive illusion. Most people probably wouldn't give a damn even if Vito walked about with a bazooka up his arse and changed a magazine for Tommygun after each and every shot (tossing the old ones away during the process) as long as the game itself is a hit, but that's just me.
    Last edited by None; 08-20-2009 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by None View Post
    Also, it would be a nice addition to detail, if the PCs clothing would mean something besides being simply a cosmetic touch. For example, wearing an overcoat would allow the player carry a long gun.
    I would like to see this feature in the game. (maybe you could do the mod if it was not implemented ;-)

Does anybody think that the NPC's will change their clothes thoughout the game? Because it wouldn't be very realistic if Joe or someone was wearing the same clothes for three months

Quote Originally Posted by Santino Corleone View Post
    Does anybody think that the NPC's will change their clothes thoughout the game? Because it wouldn't be very realistic if Joe or someone was wearing the same clothes for three months
    On the community page they have Joe in a sweet suit and then a Hawaiian shirt and a jacket. Besides the is like a "buddy movie" Joe is important he will have different clothes most likely

emancipated times!

I rembember when I told a few guys some year back (must have been around the time of Tomb Raider2) - that I would enjoy a level where I could take Lara shopping: they sighed, rolled their eyes and muttered "women"... times have changed - am utterly fascinated by this discussion

In all the mafia style games that I have played you can never wear an overcoat which isn't cool.... And Joe wore one in the Buzzsaw trailer hopefully Vito can wear one too

You can wear an overcoat YIPPIE when Vito is picking clothes when he goes to see the gun dude in the Gamescom video the first choice is a black tailored suit and overcoat... that just made my day
    Last edited by Don_Vito; 09-06-2009 at 07:16 AM.

It says it in the interview that you can so im pretty sure you can.

A police uniform would be a nice touch. But, I think that a suit, with a fedora, and overcoat would be totally BA.

A clothing system could be really cool and fun if it was done like Saints' Row - that is, completely customizable (choose shirt, tie, jacket, pants, shoes, socks, hat, etc.) but it doesn't do anything stupid like "You can't do this because you're not dressed in certain clothes".

On the other hand, there could be some really expensive clothes that have fun little 'bonuses' - e.g. buying body armor or 1940s military uniforms (how cool would that be, to dress up like troops from the different belligerants in WW2?!) so you take less damage, or dressing up like a policeman so they don't ticket you for going through red lights, etc.

There were some things that GTAIV did right with clothing-related limitations, though. But they were more common sense-related things like "You can't turn up to a wedding dressed like a hobo."

In the vids from gamescom it showed a closet thing that had Vito's clothes in which i like better than the GTA system. but that wasn't cutimizable there but still looked cool he had 2 leather jackets an overcoat really super cool CAN WAIT !!!!!!! !!!!!!!!! :

Quote Originally Posted by ChemicalReaper View Post
    A clothing system could be really cool and fun if it was done like Saints' Row - that is, completely customizable (choose shirt, tie, jacket, pants, shoes, socks, hat, etc.) but it doesn't do anything stupid like "You can't do this because you're not dressed in certain clothes".

On the other hand, there could be some really expensive clothes that have fun little 'bonuses' - e.g. buying body armor or 1940s military uniforms (how cool would that be, to dress up like troops from the different belligerants in WW2?!) so you take less damage, or dressing up like a policeman so they don't ticket you for going through red lights, etc.

There were some things that GTAIV did right with clothing-related limitations, though. But they were more common sense-related things like "You can't turn up to a wedding dressed like a hobo."

i'll put you like this..you cant be a mafioso and wear military suit or police man unless you are in a mission that would be none sense if you dont want to take a lot of damage dont do stupid things like going ala' halo. If you dont want tikets dont go like an insane in the streets, thats how the things will work...you will wear something likely with the era you're not going to wear a militar uniform in 1957 right?

Yeah you can, its even in the videos, he comes out of the dressing rooms.

Dude Vito was in the war he has an WW2 uniform

just because of that he will wear it everytime he wants? it would be cool in the begining but some time later he will look like a crazy veteran guy

Quote Originally Posted by Dbeat View Post
    just because of that he will wear it everytime he wants? it would be cool in the begining but some time later he will look like a crazy veteran guy
    Nothing wrong with that, in my opinion. As far as we can tell, there's going to be an MG42 in-game. That's definitely not something you'd expect in post-WW2 America.

I'm not saying I want Vito to walk around in his army uniform all the time, but I would like to be able to wear the long coat you see him wearing in the picture of him stepping off of the train in uniform.

You should also be able to keep clothes you get on missions, like the janitor uniforms he and Joe wear in the gameplay footage, or police uniforms, like someone mentiones.

And I want to be able to wear one of these:

http://www.maddogdiving.com/pixels/Old_suit.jpg

Indeed I do.

Quote Originally Posted by 15643 View Post
    I'm not saying I want Vito to walk around in his army uniform all the time, but I would like to be able to wear the long coat you see him wearing in the picture of him stepping off of the train in uniform.

You should also be able to keep clothes you get on missions, like the janitor uniforms he and Joe wear in the gameplay footage, or police uniforms, like someone mentiones.

And I want to be able to wear one of these:

http://www.maddogdiving.com/pixels/Old_suit.jpg

Indeed I do.
    damn bioshock lol

Also, in keeping with the Xbox avatars, I'm wondering if playing Mafia 2 for Xbox 360 could give you some avatar clothes - like a fedora, Vito's suit from the preview images (vest, jacket, shirt, and tie), the matching pants, black polished shoes, and, of course, a Tommy Gun prop.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast