New player, need help!
HI guys, This is the first time i have played this game, really enjoying it, but i havea few questions if anyone can help? i think its fairly simple what im asking!
1. when im playing the space around me gets taken up and cities just spring up, before i know it im surrounded. I have tried leaving an army in the space but nothing ever happens, just a little camp? how do i settle in this space?
2. In a few games i have tried ganging up on the french, paid the gold to my allie, only for the war to be called off and my army defeated. is there any way of joining forces?
3. how do i find things like the arc of covenant?
thanks and i know its lame, but please help!
1. you have to build a settler and settle it. You can get settlers in two ways: after you finish a turn with more than 100 gold for the first time, you get a free settler, and you can build settlers out of your city. Unless you are in Republic, your cities must be at least 3 popultion in order to build a settler. In Republic, you can build settlers in a city with a population of 2.
If you are not in Republic, building a settler reduces you population in that city 2. If you are in Republic (you need to get the technology Code of Laws to get Republic btw), your city that you built a settler in will only be reduced by 1 population.
When you are setting you units out on the map, and it looks like they are camping, they are actually building fortifications, which gives them +100 defense.
2. There's no way you can control what the AI does with their units. You can pay them to be at war with another civilization, but they may not have a lot of good units to attack the other guy with, and they may be far away from the enemy. Typically, if you pay them to attack, it's only for a set amount of turns, and usually it's so few that it doesn't make a difference. This is almost never a good idea, they rarely make a dent in the other guys, and you're just giving away your gold.
Another useful thing about diplomacy with the AI: If you are doing well, they will start demanding technologies or Great People, or else they will declare war on you. They do this even if you aren't doing well, but very often when you are doing better than they are. Do not ever give them anything. Repeat, never give into their demands. The only exception is if they will kill you in the next turn or two. Otherwise, you're just helping them out for nothing. They'll do it over and over again, just get into the habit of declining them.
3. To find the Ark of the Covenant, you'll need to get a galley and start looking for it on islands. 7 cities of gold is better than the ark on most occasions, but all of the artifacts/relics are powerful in their own right.
Thanks Grayson. much appreciated
Can you help me as well please!!!!!
Ok so I am gonna sound like a complete noob, but I need to know something very important for me, So in Civilization IV: beyond the sword, they have a new naval unit, the Misscele Cruiser beyond it being completely bad-ass and strong, it carries misscles as well, BUT I CAN NOT FIGURE OUT WITCH FREAKING ONES, I HAVE DISCOVERED EVERY TECH AND UNITS , BUT EVERYTIME I TRY AND PLACE MISSCLES ON THE CRUISER IT DOESNT GO ON, IT FAILS TO GO ON, AS IF THE UNIT CANT GO THERE, I HAVE TRIED GUIDED MISSCLES, TACTICAL NUKES, AND REGULAR NUKES NONE OF THEM LOAD!!!!!! The ship itself acts simmilarly as a Jet Carrier and it carrying fighter jets, u would click on the jet and then rebase on the carrier, but when i try to do it for the misscle cariier with misscles it dosent work!!!!!, Can someone please tell which misscles the misscle carrier carries and how to load them on, Please you guys please please please HELP HELP HELP!!!!
This is the Civilization Revolution forum, not Civ IV:BTS, you should ask the question there. There is no unit like this in CivRev.
Originally Posted by daman896
thank goodness. i thought i went crazy for a second
Originally Posted by Grayson
This,.. THIS!! is Madness
Originally Posted by Daronias
why the French..
What the French, is this?!?!?! lol
and then you say in a few games??? this is bad for you, im just trying to save you.