cant register (PC)
For some reason it wont accept my code for activation. Its asking me for the serial number, now thats the number on the back of the manual correct?
this is the error message i get
Activation process has been terminated. Please make sure the SERIAL NUMBER has been entered correctly.
Press BACK to attempt another activation, click MANUAL ACTIVATION to activate manually or press CANCEL to abort. If the problem persists please contact mailto:email@example.com.
The activation server is unable to complete your request. Please contact the software vendor.
There seems to be confusion about the activation server. Some people say it's up, some say it'll be up 4PM EST.
It's not just you, check out my thread, and i've been trying to activate it for some time now
You'd expect someone from 2K to respond to this. It should be easy, either the servers are up or they aren't. Aside from Elizabeth, devs seem to be minimally active on the forums.
Activation does indeed seem to be down. Like someone already said, it would be nice if we had a response from 2K, or were given some estimated time when they will be back up and available.
Okay, what the heck is this sh!t? This is the email response I got from support.
Thank you for your email. It seems that you have entered the Serial correctly. Please try to activate again.
If it doesn't work please send us an analysis file. In order to generate the analysis file of an attempted software launch for us to evaluate, please do the following:
1)Locate the protected .EXE file in the installation directory on your hard disc, 'right-click' on it and a dialogue window will appear.
2) Choose 'Launch Analysis' from the choices and release the mouse.
3) A disclaimer window will appear.
4) To proceed, please click on the 'Yes' button.
5) Please navigate through the activation interface, trying to activate with your serial. Click through the various msgboxes until it's finished.
6) The application will now generate an 'AnalysisLog.sr0' file within the root of your C:\ hard drive.
7) You might also find a file on C:\ with the extension .sr1 ("s-r-one"). Please send that as well.
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.
SecuROM Support Team
SecuROM on the web: http://www.securom.com
or via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
There is no reason whatsoever that this should be this hard? I'm guessing the server is still down since I cant register yet.