Thread: MTV Bioshock 2 Plasmid Guide (New plasmid revealed!)

MTV Bioshock 2 Plasmid Guide (New plasmid revealed!)

The MTV multiplayer blog has a pretty interesting article now up, it talks about some of the plasmids in Bioshock 2, including an all new one, Scout!

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2010/...of-bioshock-2/

Very nice find, I really want to try that scout plasmid >.<

That should be sick. Unless we still make noise, not hard to hear a Big Daddy coming at you, even if invisible! lol

That must take up a good chunk of EVE. Otherwise, I could really see Scout being a spammable plasmid.

Oh read it again, body stays still. It's like the Spirit Walk from Prey!

I like the new upgrades to Electrobolt, Incinerate!, and Winter Blast. Sounds like this will be even more fun.

And that Scout plasmid should make for some interesting times. I wonder if your body can be attacked while youre away...

I bet it'll be a constant drain on Eve while you are astral projecting (will we meet Dr. Strange?! LOL). Which makes it even tougher to use plasmid attacks while scouting. If you run out of Eve before returning to your body, you likely die.

Coooool.

Oh yeah, I got that. I still think the potential is there, though, to use it a lot unless it takes a good chunk of EVE to use. For example, with the way Siren Alley was described in one of today's articles, I could easily see clearing out a hallway, then using Scout to pave the road ahead. It's similar to a tactic you could use in Prey. I suppose that's why I've got a tiny bit of concern there. I spammed Spirit Walk as much as possible in Prey.

EDIT: Man, you guys are fast. Was replying to Nastadon and thought I'd be done quick!

I can't wait to freeze a splicer and then throw them with telekinsis

You probably unlock the Scout plasmid at like level 5000000....

Quote Originally Posted by PureNukage View Post
    You probably unlock the Scout plasmid at like level 5000000....
    True. And it's a Gamestop preorder exclusive.

But it's only available in Poland. At one particular Gamestop location. And they are only open every third Wednesday from 12:15PM until 12:53PM. And you have to ask for Fritz. The other guys working there don't know anything about it.

Who's down for a roadtrip?

Wait. So is the Scout plasmid in SP or MP? The article seemed to indicate SP, but it still seems odd.

Scout sounds like a cool plasmid,but i am wondering if getting hit snaps you out of it? It says your physical body is left behind,that would leave you very vulnerable.I bet this will be most useful for puzzles like slipping past hallway of turrets to get to a switch that powers the train or something.

It's like a real target dummy, just use yourself as bait!

Quote Originally Posted by japester View Post

But it's only available in Poland. At one particular Gamestop location. And they are only open every third Wednesday from 12:15PM until 12:53PM. And you have to ask for Fritz. The other guys working there don't know anything about it.

Made me Lol, quite loud, woke my son up

Yes this Scout plasmid will make for some interesting tactics im sure.

I think I saw a picture today that the hack weapon was actually with your plasmid hand. If I saw correctly then the Scout plasmid would be best utilized for hacking. The picture was on page 2 of the IGN rapturous adventure
    Last edited by LETHAL911; 01-11-2010 at 09:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Judgeofwings View Post
    Scout sounds like a cool plasmid,but i am wondering if getting hit snaps you out of it? It says your physical body is left behind,that would leave you very vulnerable.I bet this will be most useful for puzzles like slipping past hallway of turrets to get to a switch that powers the train or something.
    Since he states that you have to find your way back, I think that is the big limitation: no automatic return. That would certainly prevent abuse of the ability. If your body gets hit, you get notified, but it's up to you to return before your helpless body is killed. Keeps the risk/reward balanced. Scout out too far, and you may not be quick enough to return!

LMFAO!

You joke, but I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't some truth to it...

I think I would use the scout plasmid to check out a suspicious room, but I wouldn't use it to walk all the way to the opposite corner of a map. Unless one can find a good hiding place for deltas body, it sounds like a great way to set yourself up to get the tar beaten out of ya.

Oh no . You're always full of bad news jap . Oh well I just got on expedia and booked my flight. Trips to poland are expensive! Fritz Schlaufenberger is meeting me at the airport to take me to "the gamestop". God I hope this is the same Fritz.

ON TOPIC: ElectroBolt is my favorite plasmid (so much so I have a huge decal on the rear window of my car) and the fact you can charge it up and unleash lightning upon your foes like starkiller in Force Unleashed is some great news. Along with the upgrades and power charges to Winter Blast and Incinerate! So Excited.

Eves Garden XXX, Rapture ;) Before The Civil War
    Quote Originally Posted by Skaopivy8 View Post
    Oh no . You're always full of bad news jap . Oh well I just got on expedia and booked my flight. Trips to poland are expensive! Fritz Schlaufenberger is meeting me at the airport to take me to "the gamestop". God I hope this is the same Fritz.

ON TOPIC: ElectroBolt is my favorite plasmid (so much so I have a huge decal on the rear window of my car) and the fact you can charge it up and unleash lightning upon your foes like starkiller in Force Unleashed is some great news. Along with the upgrades and power charges to Winter Blast and Incinerate! So Excited.
    Im kinda pissed actually all they did was take Natural camfolge (or whatever its called) and turned it from a tonic into a plasmid scout and make cost eve YOU CANT EVEN MOVE so yeah nice work

Kind of yeah, but imagine using natural camo AND scout at the same time! Double invisible! not even invisible things can see you! crazy, huh?

pretty cool

ooooooooooooooh shiny new plasmid