Thread: Gameplay in Flooded Areas

Gameplay in Flooded Areas

Well, I did a forum search and no thread such as this one existed so I figured I'd make one. Its something I'm particularly interested in. In this interview with McClendon back in Oct 2009, he discussed how Delta will need to drain flooded areas in order to progress through the storyline. http://www.gametrailers.com/video/ch...oshock-2/58330

What I'm curious as to what your guys' thoughts are is how these areas will play out. Obviously Splicers can't survive underwater, so during the time that we're moving through flooded areas, I have a feeling that the atmosphere will be relatively relaxed.

Once we drain the area, however, will a horde of Splicers appear out of no where or do you guys think these areas will be somewhat short and we'll immediately move into an area that's already dry and populated?

So what i have gathered from numerous videos and interviews is that an area is flooding so it make the player feel as they are going to drown because doors are breaking and things are falling apart and its like all hell is breaking lose and when you reach that final door... it explodes in your face and you are hit with a massive wave of water and then all is peaceful until you reach the pump station then maybe you are attacked or what not. also i think that when you are under water you see lots of things suspended in the water along with splicers but yea i think that's what happens but it could be different parts also i think that when you're outside of rapture its much more serien

Maybe as soon as you drain the area Lamb opens any locked Securis gates and lets the splicers flood in and try to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Big_Daddy View Post
    Maybe as soon as you drain the area Lamb opens any locked Securis gates and lets the splicers flood in and try to kill you.
    I was wondering where the water goes? Is there going to be some type of vacuum system that pushes the water back out into the sea? Does the water drain into some type of drainage system that's built into the Earth? Or do we drain one area into another?

I'm curious if we will be able to battle other Big Daddies or Sisters in these underwater areas. A possible vertical element would be pretty interesting to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Xardas View Post
    I'm curious if we will be able to battle other Big Daddies or Sisters in these underwater areas. A possible vertical element would be pretty interesting to see.
    You will not. You'll walk under water without weapons and plasmids you'll have to enter a decompression chamber and press a button to pump the water out and then you'll be able to use the weapons and plasmids.

Quote Originally Posted by gxs View Post
    You will not. You'll walk under water without weapons and plasmids you'll have to enter a decompression chamber and press a button to pump the water out and then you'll be able to use the weapons and plasmids.
    Ah. Well then it seems like we'll be able to get a little more down time in this game than the last one. Which is good for me since I always like games that have a bit of time set aside to tell the story through dialogue or visuals instead of constant action.

it's a nice contrast to the heavier combat.

I wonder if we can still collect ADAM slugs?

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianofLight View Post
    yes. It was confirmed quite some time ago that we can so i dont see a reason why to take that ability out.

yes of course where have you been
    there's loads of footage showing live slugs outside , they only give you 10 -A- though .

Quote Originally Posted by AK Downfall View Post
    yes. It was confirmed quite some time ago that we can so i dont see a reason why to take that ability out.
    Neat. I always thought that'd be pretty great. I wonder how that'll work. You give them to Tennenbaum, and she processes them? Or maybe just picking them up will give you 10-20 ADAM. I certainly hope it's slightly more complicated than that.

Maybe you can collect slugs for Tennenbaum, who, instead of just giving you ADAM, gives you special tonics, plasmids, and gifts, sort of like saving Little Sisters in the first one, but for either Karmatic choice. Not that I don't still want to be rewarded for saving my preadolescent partners, too.

Neat. I always thought that'd be pretty great. I wonder how that'll work. You give them to Tennenbaum, and she processes them? Or maybe just picking them up will give you 10-20 ADAM. I certainly hope it's slightly more complicated than that.

Maybe you can collect slugs for Tennenbaum, who, instead of just giving you ADAM, gives you special tonics, plasmids, and gifts, sort of like saving Little Sisters in the first one, but for either Karmatic choice. Not that I don't still want to be rewarded for saving my preadolescent partners, too.
    Well in the game you have the same ability Jack did with rescusing and harvesting little sisters. Its pretty much the same process. You grab it and drain out the ADAM.

Idk how much ADAM you will get from the slugs but it will be a small amount cause little sisters were used to mass produce ADAM and the slugs only produced a small amount.

No new info has come out about the ADAM slugs. All i will say is that just wait the 2 weeks until the game comes out and then we will find out the process

I think that outside Rapture you can relax and just look at the butyful city. Maybe harvest sea slugs, i read about that somewhere? Then when you go inside, what i have understood the draining section should be emty!? /Johan

I really hope they have some more areas like the basement of Fort Frolic where the statue splicers were hiding. It was soo creepy. I was expecting someone to drag me under

I want to fight splicers with scuba masks...

Quote Originally Posted by AK Downfall View Post
    Well in the game you have the same ability Jack did with rescusing and harvesting little sisters. Its pretty much the same process. You grab it and drain out the ADAM.

Idk how much ADAM you will get from the slugs but it will be a small amount cause little sisters were used to mass produce ADAM and the slugs only produced a small amount.

No new info has come out about the ADAM slugs. All i will say is that just wait the 2 weeks until the game comes out and then we will find out the process
    Each adam slug you collect awards you with 10 adam upfront. Confirmed in gameplay video. (news thread)

what happens if your visor cracks?///

Quote Originally Posted by soundwave145 View Post
    what happens if your visor cracks?///
    It's super happy glass, therefor, it won't break! (because it's so happy!)

If there isn't some point where we go outside Rapture and fight a giant squid i'll consider this game a total failure