Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Game freezing constantly in multiplayer on 360

Game freezing constantly in multiplayer on 360

My 360 has frozen during multiplayer 3 times already in about a 3 hour period. My friends who are playing are all experiencing multiple freezes aswell, and doing a search online this is a widespread problem.

This needs to be patched immediately, or else im going to trade this broken game in to gamestop and thats one less sale for you 2k. I know its not much but if this isnt fixed soon I wont be the only one.

I have had my xbox freeze up to ten times on multi-player since purchasing yesterday afternoon. Today it has froze twice for both me and my friend at the exact same time and as the above poster has stated we are not alone. Please 2K fix this issue A.S.A.P. any feedback from the tech's would be much appreciated.

Yeah, Mine froze till i got a red ring.

No joke. i can tell you right now the reason this happened is due to the crash i got. My console is less than a year old. Well ventilated. my system has the new jasper chip set. I know that in previous games there have been reported "Console killers." As someone who worked as a qa tester for 3 years i have seen for myself rare instances were consoles were bricked due to games crashing.

When the freezing occurs, are you able to access the Xbox dashboard without restarting? Have you also tried to clear the system cache?

no i cannot access the dashboard. i have to power off the system and power it back on.

everything else on my end to fix this has been done. this problem is happening to a ton of people.

Hey dumpweed, i was at the end of a multiplayer round and my game froze on the leaderboard screen. I had to power off and got 3 red lights. I had a crash early in the single player game. Im a little angry with 2k to say the least.

yeah, ive decided im going to trade it in tommorow while the value is still high.

i wont put up with this anymore.

i just turned my 360 back on and luckily i didnt get RRoD'd, but trust me im not going to test my luck and continue to play this broken game.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech Jamie View Post
    When the freezing occurs, are you able to access the Xbox dashboard without restarting? Have you also tried to clear the system cache?
    No i haven't tried clearing my cache. i will do so. Also i have to reset the console.

sorry man, we both got screwed by this game, but you moreso than me.

I paid $64 or so after taxes and I will probably get about $45 back after trade in.

2k has lost a customer for life.

yeah. I loved bio shock 1. Now i dont know if i will ever play bio shock 2 for fear that it will kill my next console.

Make sure you have the required ports open to play this game online

Go to the following site

http://www.portforward.com/english/r...outerindex.htm

Choose your router from the list and then choose Bioshock 2 for the Xbox 360

Finally follow the instructions to open the ports and try the game again

Quote Originally Posted by Tech Kris View Post

Go to the following site

I have cleared my cache and it just froze again and i needed to reset my xbox. I have just added a game rule to port 3074 for bioshock 2. will report back if it freezes again. thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by smash420 View Post
    I have cleared my cache and it just froze again and i needed to reset my xbox. I have just added a game rule to port 3074 for bioshock 2. will report back if it freezes again. thanks for the help.
    It has froze again. hope you guys can look into this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech Kris View Post

Go to the following site

It has frozen again. Twice in the last 4 hours this amount of freezing has never happened to any other game on my console before. It is well ventilated and has a fan blowing fresh air over the console. I installed it on to my hdd straight after the first crash in case it was over heating or disk related. I haven't played single player yet so i can not say if it freezes during single player.

I have cleared my cache and have forwarded port 3074 on my D-link DGL - 4100 gamer lounge router. I have DSL cable connection with Telstra big pond. my xbox console MFR date is the 21-11-2006 but this is a refurbished console i received from Microsoft after the last time i sent my console in for repairs in 2009. This is becoming a very tedious because if I am the party leader every one in my party is being kicked out of the game or suffering the freeze as well both me and my friend in my party both had the consoles freeze up at the exact same time twice so it is very hard to believe this fault is on my end.

Can someone please tell me why might be happening and that the problem is being looked at and taken seriously. Thank you
    Last edited by smash420; 02-10-2010 at 06:03 AM.

dbl post sry
    Last edited by smash420; 02-10-2010 at 06:02 AM.

Mine is also freezing. I'm afraid my box will RROD so I've just quit playing. Can we get a fix plz?

360 Freezing during multiplayer...

My roommate and I both have brand new Xbox 360 Elite's that have never froze up before...until now that is.

We both experienced multiple 360 freeze ups while playing the Bioshock 2 multiplayer. Mine froze up 3 times, his twice. Both of us had to manually shut down the box from the console as nothing was responding. Needless-to-say neither of us are very pleased about this. I have noticed on various forums that this is becoming a common theme amongst a lot of people. I hope 2K realizes there is a Serious Problem that needs to be addressed quickly!

Quote Originally Posted by smash420 View Post
    It has frozen again. Twice in the last 4 hours this amount of freezing has never happened to any other game on my console before. It is well ventilated and has a fan blowing fresh air over the console. I installed it on to my hdd straight after the first crash in case it was over heating or disk related. I haven't played single player yet so i can not say if it freezes during single player.

I have cleared my cache and have forwarded port 3074 on my D-link DGL - 4100 gamer lounge router. I have DSL cable connection with Telstra big pond. my xbox console MFR date is the 21-11-2006 but this is a refurbished console i received from Microsoft after the last time i sent my console in for repairs in 2009. This is becoming a very tedious because if I am the party leader every one in my party is being kicked out of the game or suffering the freeze as well both me and my friend in my party both had the consoles freeze up at the exact same time twice so it is very hard to believe this fault is on my end.

Can someone please tell me why might be happening and that the problem is being looked at and taken seriously. Thank you
    No reply! Typical just pretend like im not here then fine. fix your faulty game i have lost all faith in 2k as a developer.

Another day new console, same crash.

So i went out and purchased a new xbox360 today, as after getting this game to crash multiple time yesterday may have resulted in my old console dieing. I got a new console new hard drive and got the same crash. Amazing. No red ring or brick but i will not be playing this game till 2k patches this issue. They need to step up and address this ASAP.

i guess 2k does not care.

My game froze as I was leaving the multiplayer section to go back to single player game. I was in the bathysphere at the time. Im glad it wasn't just my 360 about to rrod on me. Joystiq has reported that 2K is working on it.
    http://www.joystiq.com/2010/02/11/bi...eezing-issues/

I'm staying away from MP for now, the single player mode is great.

Just to let you know we are looking into the problem and I will post an update as soon as I have one.

I apologize for the inconvenience and hope to have this worked out very shortly.

thanks chris.

Im so sick of this sh@#, 2k give us a damn patch, or you can give my money back.

Unhappy Tragedy

Thank goodness I am not the only one! I have been experiencing this as well, along with my friends. There was one incident where my friend was host and because it froze on him, brought the whole match down and we were sent back to the lobby. It has happen to me on various occasions. However! The freezing is not only in Multiplayer. It has happen occasionally on single player too. On one such incident in particular was when I was saving. It froze on me while it was saving and I tried to get it to respond, no luck. I had to shut down the system and hope that my save file was not corrupted. I loaded it and it was indeed corrupted. Luckily there was the auto-save but I had to start back to the beginning of Siren Alley. For your own safety, MAKE A BACKUP SAVE!

My online mp froze 3 times just today! Twice in the middle of a match, then another time when I was changing my loadouts waiting for the match to start.

Multiplayer is fun, but it could be so much better if they fixed the problems (lag, freezing)

Sorry to double post but several gaming websites have picked up the feed from players about freezing and have reported on it.

http://www.destructoid.com/bioshock-...d-163306.phtml

http://www.411mania.com/games/news/1...er-Freezes.htm

2k has to do something and fast. My xbox just froze AGAIN. I am all done playing for the day thats a total of 5 freezes, 3 in a goddamn match and 2 in the lobby waiting for the match to start.

We need some answers 2k, is this issue being worked on? Or are you focusing on the pc folks right now?

theyd better be focusing on pc players for some its UNPLAYABLE

Quote Originally Posted by Gameplayer03 View Post
    Sorry to double post but several gaming websites have picked up the feed from players about freezing and have reported on it.

http://www.destructoid.com/bioshock-...d-163306.phtml

http://www.411mania.com/games/news/1...er-Freezes.htm

2k has to do something and fast. My xbox just froze AGAIN. I am all done playing for the day thats a total of 5 freezes, 3 in a goddamn match and 2 in the lobby waiting for the match to start.

We need some answers 2k, is this issue being worked on? Or are you focusing on the pc folks right now?
    Yes, this issue is being investigated, Tech Chris mentioned this earlier in the thread.

http://forums.2kgames.com/forums/member.php?u=67958

bump...this needs to be fixed

Ha ha. My game hasn't frozen up so far. Not at all actually. In fact, my 360 just crashes on it's own and im surprised it hasn't crashed yet. Lucky me, lucky me.

I'd like to add myself to the list of people experiencing these freeze-ups: only in multiplayer, only on this game, sometimes occasionally, sometimes constantly, Xbox stops responding completely, must be shut off with power button, makes unpleasant sounds when doing so. It's been happening since day 1. When it's bad, the game is essentially unplayable. Please fix this.

ya same here plus my leaderboards refuses 2 update!

seriously 2k patch this already, i enjoyed this multiplayer it was a nice break from mw2 but i refuse to play it anymore till you patch it all the system freezes were ridiculous and i started to worry it was gonna kill my 360

Thumbs down keep this going

ive stopped playing completely till they fix it, which i dont think they can. Otherwise why not more info. Hows about the tech guys putting a thread up telling people they are fixing it.(at the top with the pc patch threads) Is there any chance of that happening, no!

Please try the following:-

Clearing the cache

To clear the cache on the Xbox 360 do the following:

Go to the Xbox Dashboard, select the System Settings and select Memory.
    Highlight the Hard Drive symbol and press Y.

On the option screen select Clear system cache.

You will be asked if you want to perform system maintainance, press 'A' for Yes to confirm.

Please connect your Xbox up to the internet to get the latest updates.

Install Xbox 360 games to the hard drive.

It's very simple to load the game onto the hard drive when you are in the new dashboard. Just follow these quick steps:

1. Load the disk into your Xbox 360 console and go to your Xbox 360 console
    2. While in the dashboard, Scroll down to My Xbox
    3. Scroll across to Game Library and hit the A button
    4. This should put you on the Recent Games window and your game should be highlighted, so you should just need to hit the A button. Otherwise, scroll to the Recent Games window and choose the game.
    5. On the game screen, choose Install to Hard Drive. This process should take a few minutes, but once it is complete, you'll be able to enjoy improved performance.
    6. You'll also note that the game screen contains all kinds of great information about the game such as the achievements unlocked and featured downloads available for the game.

Exclamation

are you saying theres a update then paul?

Quote Originally Posted by Benny-shock View Post
    are you saying theres a update then paul?
    When you clear the cache you will need to re-download any updates you have installed in the past (most games have them), these include system updates; I have no news of an update for Bioshock 2.

Have you tried the suggestions in the previous post? Have they improved your games performance?

Exclamation nothing still broke!

no ive tried everything that u guys have said, it still freezes. i feel like were just going round in circles here. this seems like its a massive problem for lots of people. do you think there will ever be a patch paul? or am i wasting my time here. It seems like alot of fun when it works. Whats the danger to my xbox with the constant rebooting? has 2k/or whoever makes the mp acknowleged the problem? I really feel all the users with these problems should get some proper answers. an official thread from 2k elizabeth or you tech guys would be helpful.
    thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast