Thread: FIX error “SecuLauncher: failed to start application [9000]“

FIX error “SecuLauncher: failed to start application [9000]“

OK I have used this to fix many of the game titles and it does not matter if its [9000] or [2000] or any other numbers from my experience.

I cannot say it will work for everyone or on this game as I did not get this error but I am on the same install of Vista as the last time I got this error and it has not arisen in any game since.

The last game I had to use this for was Batman AA at game launch.

I cannot believe some of the things peeps are being told to do to their PC to try and fix this and not 1 person has gave this information bellow for peeps to at least try.

Anyhow :

Grab the file and put it exactly where the included information tells you top put it !

http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dl....shtml?msvcr71
    Last edited by helmutcheese; 02-12-2010 at 01:31 PM.

On the back of your post I wouldnt strictly advise to download singular dlls then registering them. Please ensure that you have tried the third solution on Securom's page first: https://support.securom.com/pop_bioshock2.html

The site is a good/safe site and at least its better than the advise given out so far that fixes nothing.

It was good enough for the Batman AA forums.

At the end of the day it may not even work in this situation.

1) installed batman arkham asylum
    2) installed crack to the binaries folder
    3) downloaded msvcr71.dll and copied it to my windows/system32 folder (set to read-only / hidden)

still getting the seclauncher 9000 error

soo....

since i'm using win7 64 bit OS and did some research

i downloaded mscvr71.dll AND mscvp71.dll and copied them to my windows/sysWOW64 folder

aaannnnndd

still i get this stupid error

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG

im using a laptop with a dedicated video card HP pavilion dv6 with an ATI video card

now what I don't understand is that on my last laptop the game ran but since it
    was a presario with intergrated graphics the framerate was so bad the game was unplayable.

__________________________________________________ ___________

Oh and BTW I also uninstalled daemon tools and restarted my sys
    still the game will not run. originally dwnld from RELOADED and using that crack.

any ideas??

yesah - 2 ideas

1. most cracks contain instructions telling you exactly where to put dll and it's not where you put it. you should put game specific DLLs in the program files folder for that game. system32 should contain only genuine microsoft dll fiels - it's hidden for that reason - to stop you messing with it.

so RTFM ( or RTF .nfo as th case may be)

2. try a different crack

oh & 3 - be glad that the moderators are alseep at the wheel on this forum , else any discussion of cracks would be immediately deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by helmutcheese View Post
    OK I have used this to fix many of the game titles and it does not matter if its [9000] or [2000] or any other numbers from my experience.

I cannot say it will work for everyone or on this game as I did not get this error but I am on the same install of Vista as the last time I got this error and it has not arisen in any game since.

The last game I had to use this for was Batman AA at game launch.

I cannot believe some of the things peeps are being told to do to their PC to try and fix this and not 1 person has gave this information bellow for peeps to at least try.

Anyhow :

Grab the file and put it exactly where the included information tells you top put it !

http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dl....shtml?msvcr71
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKQudORuVcU (THIS SHOULD FIX THE ERROR CODE 9000)