Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Bioshock Neon Sign idea.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Queens, New York
    Posts
    174

    Bioshock Neon Sign idea.

    There was a custom bioshock shirt that i saw, it had the "Plasmids, evolve today" neon sign on it, do you guys think its possible to get this made? because im looking to spend around 4-500$.

    Link for sign on shirt, i could not find any other pictures.
    http://www.zazzle.com/plasmids_tshir...22256651767025

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Gone Fishin'
    Posts
    256

    Cool

    My insanely awesome girlfriend got me that exact shirt for Christmas ... I wore it when I went to the midnight release.

    I'm not sure if NECA has ever done a neon sign before ... but they may consider it. They knew they were on to something with the BioShock 2 license. But I think it is even bigger than they thought it would be. Usually when they do a video game figure, they only do 1 or 2 characters ... this has prompted several figures already (one of which sold out) and has a few more on the way. Plus they've already started making props. Who's to say that they wouldn't make a neon sign ...

    I'd love the Plasmid sign ... and I'd probably get the New Years one too:
    HAPPY NEW YEAR 1959 sign (in-game)

    Just for reference, DC Direct makes neon signs all the time. They have full sized (Superman, Batman) and mini signs too. And they are making a nice one for True Blood:

    MERLOTTES sign

  3. #3
    That would be awesome
    i would want something like this

    FONTAIN futuristics sign
    http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/imag...ck2/bios8s.jpg

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,061

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Queens, New York
    Posts
    174
    Quote Originally Posted by Xybot View Post
    My insanely awesome girlfriend got me that exact shirt for Christmas ... I wore it when I went to the midnight release.

    I'm not sure if NECA has ever done a neon sign before ... but they may consider it. They knew they were on to something with the BioShock 2 license. But I think it is even bigger than they thought it would be. Usually when they do a video game figure, they only do 1 or 2 characters ... this has prompted several figures already (one of which sold out) and has a few more on the way. Plus they've already started making props. Who's to say that they wouldn't make a neon sign ...

    I'd love the Plasmid sign ... and I'd probably get the New Years one too:
    HAPPY NEW YEAR 1959 sign (in-game)

    Just for reference, DC Direct makes neon signs all the time. They have full sized (Superman, Batman) and mini signs too. And they are making a nice one for True Blood:

    MERLOTTES sign
    Yeah, i wish NECA would make em, but im going to look for custom neon signs, i would love to use it as a night light, and the Happy New Years sign would be an awsome idea and i LOVE trublood.
    Last edited by BullyX22; 02-15-2010 at 11:43 PM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Queens, New York
    Posts
    174
    Oh, and wondering, if canyone one plays bioshock on the PC, can you please take a picture of the evolve today sign and upload it. It should be on the stair case where jack gets his genetic code rearranged for the 1st time.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Sterling, MA
    Posts
    161
    Quote Originally Posted by BullyX22 View Post
    Oh, and wondering, if canyone one plays bioshock on the PC, can you please take a picture of the evolve today sign and upload it. It should be on the stair case where jack gets his genetic code rearranged for the 1st time.
    I'll get some pictures after my classes today damn you college

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Queens, New York
    Posts
    174
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotus52 View Post
    I'll get some pictures after my classes today damn you college
    Thanks, its that i want to send a picture to the people who make these things to see if its possible to get ti done, thanks btw.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Sterling, MA
    Posts
    161
    Quote Originally Posted by BullyX22 View Post
    Thanks, its that i want to send a picture to the people who make these things to see if its possible to get ti done, thanks btw.
    http://s844.photobucket.com/albums/a...lasmid%20sign/

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Queens, New York
    Posts
    174
    This is the sign i was talking about, i am currently uploading a video of it on youtube, the title is "Bioshock Plasmids Neon Sign"

    http://s210.photobucket.com/albums/b...4.jpg&newest=1

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Queens, New York
    Posts
    174
    Okay, so i contacted a company that makes the neon lights, this is what they are charging.

    The hand would be $395.00 Add $ 210 for the Plasmids word, Add $ 220 for the 3 lightining bolts. 825.00$, DAMN, ill try to find some places where they are cheaper.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    890
    Umm, does 2K approve the selling of this shirt?
    If not, it may become a rare collectors item soon...

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Charmeuse Pawn...At work
    Posts
    506
    That would be awesome! It would not be hard to make your own neon sign. Some sign shops will do custom neon signs for around 50 to 80 dollars depending on the size. If Neca produced them though I would have to go with them though. Official is always better IMO.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Queens, New York
    Posts
    174
    Yeah, i dont think they are approved, they are fan-made, i wanna buy em, i might just be crazy enough to also buy a 825.00$ custom bioshock neon sign for my room.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •