Thread: Howto Fix most Bioshock Crashes AND RUN IN FULL SCREEN

Howto Fix most Bioshock Crashes AND RUN IN FULL SCREEN

I was having constant Bioshock crashes, here is how I fixed it and ran in full screen
    1) Download newest graphic drivers and directx (August version)
    2)Disable visual themes.
    3)Run in window mode.
    4) Once level is loaded, go back to the graphics options and turn windowed mode off and hit apply.

You can find drivers and directx link at
    http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_bi...downloads.html

To disable visual themes, right click on the bioshock shortcut. Next go to properties. Under the compatibility tab check disable visual themes and hit apply.

To Run the game in windowed mode, start up Bioshock and go to graphic options. Turn windowed mode on and hit apply. (do the opposite to turn it off)

I hope this helps you out.

No joy here

This actually worked! ...up until I picked up the machine gun at the medical pavilion. At that point loads of splicers came rushing at me and my computer simply couldnt handle it, as it was far too much going on.

Not working for me on pavalion. but thanks anyway for trying (which is more then I can say for the developers...)

Yeah thanks for trying but my game is still crashing whenever I go into a Gatherers Gardens. Ugh.

I only wish I could get into the game menu. This thing won't even load up when I attempt to run it. I just get that BioShock stopped working message when trying to run it. The Visual theme trick didn't work.

thanks anyways - still can't play

Yeah it was worth a try. They really dropped the ball on this one. This is just ridiculous. Went out and bought the game just to be a beta tester to help designate their patch. I literally cannot play the game. Not as in: "It crashes once in a while so ☺☺☺☺ this I'm irritated and I'll just wait for a fix."..... tsk tsk... no, no, no. - This is: "It is not possible to navigate the menu screens or first 5 minutes of game-play without crashing." It is literally a broken game. Very disappointing.