General Bioshock suggestion thread
Ok, I though I might set this up for general suggestions of how you can improve the game. This is not about bugs, glitches or tech problems, since we have a forum to address that.
My first suggestion to improve the game/making a even better sequel:
It would be good if the last active weapon/plasmid will be displayed next to the Eve and health meter. I had a gunfight with splicers and they moved over water quickly. I suddenly wanted to use Electrobolt, but when switching to the plasmids, I didn't know that Incinerate was the last active one. It was too late for skipping the plasmids and using Electrobolt. This is why I think it would be cool to the the last active weapon/plasmid to be prepared for the next situation.
I think they should consider an expansion, and then maybe a sequel!
Another great feature for a sequel would be if it were bundled *without* Securom DRM.
Shader Model 2.0 support would certianly garentee a purchase from me (and many poeple).
Yeah, this feature would be amazing. I wonder how hard it would be to code?
Originally Posted by RoyRogers
Extream Mode: No progressive damage.
I think it would be cool if they added an Extream Mode to both the PC and Xbox Version.
In this mode the games difficulty would be the same as Hard Mode but instead of Enemy damage being progressive it is reset each time the player dies.
This I feel would make the game far more challenging and would add to the experience.
Display max ammo
Well you can see your max ammo carrying ability when you go shopping, but you cant see it when you press shift and look at weapons/plasmids.
I think it would be very handy to have a 130/280 or however it would be implemented on that screen, would make it easier to use up the ammo you have maxed out so you can pick up whats lying around without wasting it.
Originally Posted by chaos_deception
Or have you lose Adam every time you die, etc. Something that gives dying it's consequences. It's the game's only fault in my opinion.
Yes, an extra difficulty mode would be nice. Also, I'd like to see an editor released so we could get some user made levels as well. Also, an expansion with new plasmids & enemies would be great.
Definetly an editor it would be amazing
customizable controls for the 360!! i want southpaw!!
The Unreal Editor would be sweet.
Also a patch to remove SecuROM would be super.
A way to see what tonics you are packing, besides having to goto a gene bank. Especially early on in game before you find a gene bank.
An Expansion would be awesome
I agree with the poster suggesting support of shader 2.0 for the PC version. It seems as though you're losing a lot of potential customers by omiting this option from the game.
I have no idea the difficutly involved in a project such as this, however you'd get my 50 bucks and I would think a lot more than that as well. Many of us are stuck with older hardware without the resources to upgrade at this time.
A higher difficulty level, with the following features:
- Vita-Chambers should have a fairly substantial cost ($40 - $50?), and should bring you back at near death with enough EVE for 1 plasmid use or so. If you don't have the cash, game over. In other words, add some sort of penalty for dieing.
- Hacking should have a cost ($5 - $10 perhaps) even when done manually, and regardless of whether you succeed. As it is, hacking everything you see is a no brainer, as there are no down sides to it.
- Allow for an option to remove the Big Daddy helmet effect, as it becomes tiresome to have your vision distorted if you want to go back to earlier levels and explore.
The editor would also be a very welcome addition. Thanks for all your work so far.
heres one taking out secuROM and stop limiting the activations and no REVOKING for numbers of installs
1. Screenshot function (i want to compare dx9 to dx10)
2. Editor to create own content
3. Video record mode
4. Securom sorted out (don't expect full removal)
5. A no-dvd mode or an authorised single backup mode
Re: 5. I am a game collector i have over 3000 mint condition retail games (over 20,000 if you count c64 multigame tapes etc) it would be nice to preserve this disc too.
Sorry for double post, Also a fix the issue where the logitech g15 gaming keyboard volume wheel pauses game/brings up map on rotation.
Kill the mouse acceleration, it is HORRIBLE.
That's an awesome idea for the next one
Originally Posted by RoyRogers
Vita Chambers as they are currently implemented make the ability to win the game a function of brute-force willpower, instead of strategy, tactics, choice, and action.Lessen them or,make them expensive to use on Medium or Higher difficulty please.
Patch the 360 version with options for customizing the controller. Until that's done I can offer no more suggestions since I'm unable to play the damn game in its present form..
I'd love to have a few more interface tweaks.
Displaying current/max ammo/items in more places would be nice, especially at U-Invents.
A screen displaying the effects of current research would be good, too. Where you can see what research you have done, what creatures you haven't finished researching, and what bonuses you've achieved. It's a little strange to me that you have no way to access that information, particularly the achieved bonuses. As a little extra, perhaps gaining new research levels could provide you with some textual blurbs about the research target.
Give us the option to name saved games, in order that more than one person can play the game on the same machine and easily identify their save point.
Well, I would like to give gameplay improvement sugestions but since I only played the demo I dont think I am qualified to do that.
Can you sell a SecureROM-free version so I can buy the game?
How to improve the game?
Get rid of the DRM and activation crap.
It already has failed, the game has been cracked.
I want an Xbox Live update that makes it possible to play through the game from the very beginning with all the weapons, plasmids et cetera one has collected after finishing a previous game from scratch.
Since a lot of levels would be so much more enjoyable if one would have specific weapons and plasmids to set traps and so one.
Since a lot of pre release footage featuring Ken discussing the game contain levels that are being played with weapons and other upgrades that are actually not available in these particular stages of the game.
I believe that when someone finishes BioShock he should be able to start from the beginning with all the stuff from the previous.
Please implement this via Live... it would only extent the replay value.
I posted a question about this subject here:
A thoroughly balanced multiplayer mode would be nice; I can imagine a splicer V. Protector/Gatherer match. And more of the useful machines (EG: fewer "Circus of Values") would be nice.
By law and according to 2K EULA agreement you agree to the terms and conditions regarding the installation of the product.
Originally Posted by Rapture_Tourist
Under these set of rules, it is perfectly legal to uninstall the said product and reinstall it on another machine that is owned by the buyer of the product. Typically, one needs multiple products to install on multiple systems but one only needs one product and if he or she wished to uninstall the product, the consumer has every right to reinstall it onto another machine that is owned by him or her.....indefinetely.
Securom, hinges on your rights as the buyer. Securom, in general, does not; however, the practice of allowing only two installs do hinge on the right. It is the same as buying a Ford Mustang. True, you cannot advertise your Ford Mustang on TV to make profit as you would violate their buyers contract. HOWEVER, if you fully bought that Ford Mustang, it is yours until you deem fit to get rid of it. Ford cannot limit your driving or years of ownership if fully paid by you.
With your rights as a consumer both by US Consumer standards and by the very EULA contract on page 34 of Bioshock manual, 2K are in violation of their own contractual agreement with the buyer.
I'm not talking about the game being crappy for you to give the game back. Im talking about the violations that has occured under securom. Now, if 2K were to altar Securom so that you still need the DVD to play but allows you to receive unlimited installs, then their contract to you will be fulfilled.
But, right now, 2K is in violation of their User End Agreement
These have all already been voiced... but I'd just like to add more support for them.
1. New Game Plus (play through again with your plasmids weapons and tonics)
2. Something to make dying more important.
3. Of course lack of securom...
Also, a patch that allowed you to play the game without inserting the disc every time would be nice. My DVD drive doesn't work completely properly, therefore I have to take out the disc and reinsert it multiple times, whenever I want to play Bioshock.
1) Co-Op Multiplayer: Limiting Plasmids that drop per person.
2) SecuROM: Remove it
3) Readvice the EULA for Bioshock: Allow Customers to return the game at no cost to the consumer if they decline
-You should be able to specialize your plasmids to do certain things.
-You should be able to reanimate the dead body's by hacking into there brain.
-Steal AI ability's for a short period of time (Exp) climbing on walls.
I believe that the game could be improved in multiple ways.
1. make it available to see how much reasearch you've done and how much you have left to do
2. make alternate control varitions possible.
3. make option for vita chambers to reset to when the first time you passed them
4. make an expansion or sequal (have suggestions for these if someone wants to hear them note: basic ideas) also have new plasmids and weapons
5. make weapon modification more of a what can I modify it with rather than where's that machine
6. Add new difficulty I personally wouldn't do much with but I know others who would
7. Add another type of big daddy
8. Add a menu page that shows what plasmids and gene tonics you have active and all that you have total
9. Have a menu that shows how much of each ammo you have in each type for each weapon without having in real time to go through and see what you have while your being shot at
10. Make sure that when hacking make sure that when haking there is some possible way in winning in ever time without gene tonics no matter how unlikely to find in time for it to do good
11. If a sequal is made I feel you should cut the reasearch camera I know that others feel differently
12. In the case of a sequal don't make the role of adam so confusing I have played through the whole game and am still not sure I understand it.
These are my current suggestions if something comes to mind I will add it later on
I have a handful of suggestions:
- Consider an expansion. Having not finishing the game yet, I am unsure whether the plot can accommodate an expansion. I'm sure that, when I'm done, I will be craving more. Half-Life style expansions (you see the same story from other perspectives) might work, no matter what happens in the plot.
- Co-op System Shock 2 was one of my most memorable experiences in college. If at all possible, please bring it to BioShock as well. I would even buy co-op separately. I understand that it would likely be a lot of work to add networking support to BioShock, but I think a lot of people would love it.
- Consider taking id Software's approach to copy protection. They seem to release their games with copy protection, but after a few months, they issue a patch which removes the protection. I'm fine with a company trying to protect its investment with copy protection. And for now, you are focused on BioShock, so I am sure that any issues that I would have would be resolved. What happens 4 years from now when I want to play BioShock again, but the activation servers are down? Or when I have an activation issue, and need to contact support? Please, in a few months (or years), issue a patch which removes the need to activate the game.
- On a related note, if you remove the need to activate the game, please also remove the CD/DVD check. One of the best aspects of owning a PC is that I can install games to my hard drive. Loading times are better than those of a console, and there's no actual need for me to put my disc in the drive. Please, don't ruin one of the principal advantages of PC gaming over console gaming!
Even if you can't implement these for whatever reasons (corporate red tape, silly policies, time, money, or whatever), BioShock is still an amazing game, and I'm happy to support you. Thanks for asking for feedback.
Bioshock2... you really must flesh out the entire city for the modern era (2010) Surely our wonderful hero had his own plans or areas of the city inaccessible in BS... (lol, yeah, I said it... we're playing BS.).
wtf was I... expansion... BS2 -More BS. lol
k, Rapture 2010 -those survivors continue to adapt and thrive, hidden from the world with their rogue technology -certainly without constraints- expand the city, repopulate through advanced cloning and augmentation. Hero struck with PTSD or amnesia or SS1/2 mem wipe during new gene/tech augmentation must learn what happened and put an end to Rapture once he unravels the secret of what occured between then and now.
There are lots of options, but a return to Rapture with a new face(s) would be interesting.
suggestions for patch
after playing through the game the player should get something extra when starting a new game here are my suggestions
1) +2 slots for all plamids/tonics
2) 400 adam
3) certain tonics/plasmids available earlier
4) health and eve bar bigger
5) power to the poeple ! stations can be used 2 times
1) all slots open
2) 1000 adam
3) all plasmids available earlier
4) power to the poeple stations can be used 3 times
5) splicers get 25% more health
1) little sister syringe can be invented and used on corpses of the splicers
2) all plasmids and tonics are able to be purchased at the first gatherers garden
3) splicers get an additional 10% health on top of the 25% at 2nd playthrough and the tougher splicers are introduced into the game at an earlier stage.
the reason for this is that i like to be rewarded if i play through a game more then once but instead of just getting a reward it would also be nice to get a bit more challenge aswell.
An In-Game Screenshot-Function would be really nice.
Originally Posted by Cyzal
Ingame Screenshotfunction is already there, but deactivated because it causes the game to crash
The Idea of >piet11111< is nice.
I would like a replay-option too.
Also it would be nice to see how far the research is (per enemy and all in all)
After a full playthrough, show how much tonica and plasmids you have and how much you have missed.
Also after playing through twice or a third time, disable all tonica and plasmids and let the User build own plasmids/tonicas.