View Poll Results: So, unstable teleport for a new tonic/plasmid?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yeah! Good idea!

20 40.00%
  • Eh, maybe...

20 40.00%
  • Nah, not good.

10 20.00%

Thread: The Unstable Teleport Tonic/Plasmid

The Unstable Teleport Tonic/Plasmid

Just a suggestion for multiplayer.

An unstable teleport tonic or plasmid. Like from the single player.

Plasmid:

Teleports you to a random point on the map, uses all EVE.

looks: Kind of like houdini but rainbow colors ( like the one in single player).

Tonic:

Like the resurrection tonic, once your health hits zero, you are teleported to another random point on the map with a sliver of health left. Unlike resurrection, your healths doesn't regenerate quickly. This only happens once per spawn.
    Last edited by The ADAM Reaper; 03-07-2010 at 12:26 PM.

This might have been a stroke of genius but yu left out something involving unicorns.

Quote Originally Posted by blastaknee View Post
    This might have been a stroke of genius but yu left out something involving unicorns.
    OMG i totally forgot the unicorns!

Its a great idea plus it totally makes sense!

mabbe a quick escape

Do not see it happening though it would be fun.

I dunno about ALL eve, or the whole resurrection spin-off thing, Maybe it should be half, and either A. Not completely random, maybe you can set a point on the map to teleport to, but it's not very accurate. or B. maybe you look in the direction you want to teleport to, and it teleports you somewhere on the other side of the map where you're looking (if your facing an edge of the map, it would then be random, or just go to the other end)

All is well and good until you teleport right infront of a Proximity Mine or Turret.

Quote Originally Posted by Bambi View Post
    All is well and good until you teleport right infront of a Proximity Mine or Turret.
    Well if it was unstable I'm sure that's a VERY possible outcome, but at the same time, even if you chose where to teleport to EXACTLY, it could still happen.

The tonic would be overpowered. It basically cuts your death rate by half, even with the slower health recovery afterward. I'd probably get a 4:1 kill/death ratio with this thing.

How about this.

Plasmid: Set a specific point marker where you want to teleport there and when you want you can teleport back there.

Thats what the teleportation plasmid was originally surpose to do in Bioshock 1.

Tonic: Same thing like yours but sends you to a vending machine or a near by partner.

it actually sounds pretty fun, but with the people lagging the way they are it could cause some problems with people popping up all over the map haha.

Quote Originally Posted by mjw15 View Post
    it actually sounds pretty fun, but with the people lagging the way they are it could cause some problems with people popping up all over the map haha.
    HOLY CRAP! HOWS HE USING THAT WHEN HE DOESN'T HAVE IT EQUIPPED! 0.o

"In what country is there a place for people like me?"

sounds to me like something one of those arrogant level 40 people would have equipped (no offense). like the same people who have the booby-trapped corpse and resurrection tonics. I find the use of Electro-bolt and ele-gun cheap enough in the game.
    Last edited by Jules753; 03-08-2010 at 07:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jules753 View Post
    sounds to me like something one of those arrogant level 40 people would have equipped (no offense). like the same people who have the booby-trapped corpse and resurrection tonics. I find the use of Electro-bolt and ele-gun cheap enough in the game.
    How is it arrogant to have Death Trap and Resurrection equipped? Besides, I think they're sort of subpar.

Quote Originally Posted by SmushingGnomes View Post
    How is it arrogant to have Death Trap and Resurrection equipped? Besides, I think they're sort of subpar.
    its not arrogant to have them equipped---its arrogant to taunt people after they die from a tonic that no one gets until they at a very high level. of course, i don't mind people having resurrection; i just kill them again before they can even get up. and when the BD, i can just stomp and get a cool stomp kill out of them.

its not arrogant to have them equipped---its arrogant to taunt people after they die from a tonic that no one gets until they at a very high level. of course, i don't mind people having resurrection; i just kill them again before they can even get up. and when the BD, i can just stomp and get a cool stomp kill out of them.
    Ok I'll bite. How were they taunting you? Was it the smirk on their faces as they blew up?

I like the idea, although it could be really confusing, either for the tonic user or the potential victim. In some cases, the guy would just spawn in front of an enemy turret/vending machine or in front of a group of enemies, which would make it useless; and in other cases the guy could spawn just behind an enemy, which isn't exactly fair for the latter.

What you could do, though, is restrict the teleport to an empty room (like the normal spawn system) and secret passageways, which would remove the WTF factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Teridax View Post
    I like the idea, although it could be really confusing, either for the tonic user or the potential victim. In some cases, the guy would just spawn in front of an enemy turret/vending machine or in front of a group of enemies, which would make it useless; and in other cases the guy could spawn just behind an enemy, which isn't exactly fair for the latter.

What you could do, though, is restrict the teleport to an empty room (like the normal spawn system) and secret passageways, which would remove the WTF factor.
    Good Idea. I was also thinking that maybe you should drop a little sister if you are carrying one, as this would be more of a form of escape instead of getting away with the little sister.

Ok I'll bite. How were they taunting you? Was it the smirk on their faces as they blew up?
    I must admit I do snicker a bit watching them just walking over the body or try and research it when they go KABOOM!

Especially when it's multiple people

Not that they were stupid for walking into the trap but they look funny flying away like that

Maybe

Maybe it could look like the decoy does in campaign, and you teleport to that position. That would be a decent plasmid, and it wouldent make the game impossible for newer players (Dude with GL shows up behind beginner with pistol) that would be unfair.

oh its alot of level 40s that talk smack after they get the booby-trap kill.

Personal Note: they need to make a better way to avoid it rather than just staying away from the corpse until the bomb has already blown.

Personal Note: they need to make a better way to avoid it rather than just staying away from the corpse until the bomb has already blown.
    Dude it's really not that hard to avoid... you get a visual AND audio queue that sh*ts about to blow. Iv only been killed by deathtrap ONCE, and that's cause my idiot teammate was standing behind me and I couldn't back up xD

Quote Originally Posted by sfger View Post
    Dude it's really not that hard to avoid... you get a visual AND audio queue that sh*ts about to blow. Iv only been killed by deathtrap ONCE, and that's cause my idiot teammate was standing behind me and I couldn't back up xD
    you know what, you're right, ill just use the "Leg Up" tonic like i do for the vending machines.

umm... how exactly can you hear them talk smack if you can't hear the other person if they are on the opposite team ( and obviously they are since they killed you with it...) or are you talking about level 40s death-trap killing the other team and talking smack?

And im not sure how else you could avoid it unless you back off...

Quote Originally Posted by The ADAM Reaper View Post
    umm... how exactly can you hear them talk smack if you can't hear the other person if they are on the opposite team
    well they can type, they're so good. (PC version)