Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Scariest moment in game?

thinking back the scariest moment for me was the first part with the bathysphere and the spider splicer, I knew nothing about the game and it scared me ☺☺☺☺less.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlas- View Post
    thinking back the scariest moment for me was the first part with the bathysphere and the spider splicer, I knew nothing about the game and it scared me ☺☺☺☺less.
    Lol, my brother hid whenever I played BioShock after he saw that part.

Easily the room in the Medical Pavilion where the steam comes up you turn around and BAM theres a Doctor Splicer out of nowhere lol its so awesome. But then again the whole game still manages to creep me to an extent.

Quote Originally Posted by ToastysFriend View Post
    Easily the room in the Medical Pavilion where the steam comes up you turn around and BAM theres a Doctor Splicer out of nowhere lol its so awesome. But then again the whole game still manages to creep me to an extent.
    That does seem to be a Favourite. I have to say I've played through that part 3 or 4 times and it still makes me jump and send off a reaction Shotgun blast.

That does seem to be a Favourite. I have to say I've played through that part 3 or 4 times and it still makes me jump and send off a reaction Shotgun blast.
    I wasted an entire 4 00 Bucks on that bastard.

I thought of one.

So there I am in Fort Frolic on my Fourth playthrough. After taking a nice trip to Sinclair Solutions, I find a staircase I had never seen before, Which surprised me, as I had played the game multiple times in the past. I set up some trap bolts in the area around the stairs in case there's a surprise ambush, then I went down. In the room the Staircase lead to, there were More Plaster Splicers, and some items on the other side of the room. I walk over there, get the items, then here a Zap., followed by more. I kill the Splicers in the room, and when I get back up the stairs, I am immediately slammed into a window, making me literally scream. Confusion followed as I was gunned down by Security Bots and repeatedly smacked around the room by the Big Daddy who sprung my trap.

Quite a 'Shocking' experience.

Walking around Arcadia looking for the items for the vector and I go into the cramped wooden area (can't remember what it's called) found some water an on my way out. As I walk out I spot a splicer so I unload insect swarm onto him. just as I gun him down I hear a roar from behind and turn round to see a big daddy charging towards me firing rivets. Scared the ☺☺☺☺ out of me.

I didn't find the game that scary at all , though I think BioShock was scarier than BioShock 2 !~

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sister In Rapture View Post
    I didn't find the game that scary at all , though I think BioShock was scarier than BioShock 2 !~
    The first one was far scarier, from a combination of a new world because you've never been to rapture before and in the first one you're only a man in the second you're a hulking big daddy.

The first one was far scarier, from a combination of a new world because you've never been to rapture before and in the first one you're only a man in the second you're a hulking big daddy.
    True . The second game also feels a little lighter than the first , which was so dark.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sister In Rapture View Post
    True . The second game also feels a little lighter than the first , which was so dark.
    When I think of the games I think of the first one as dark red/black and the second one as blue. They feel very different but are both brilliant.

When I think of the games I think of the first one as dark red/black and the second one as blue. They feel very different but are both brilliant.
    Oh my goodness me too . Absolutely

Quote Originally Posted by JAY4121 View Post
    I was in Fort Frolic trying to head to Poseidon Plaza. I entered the Frozen Tunnel and as I was staring ahead, a Big Daddy comes out from the corner at full speed and rushes at me. I probably shot that Big Daddy by accident and just left it so I guess that's why it went after me.
    That exact thing happened to me and i was in survivor difficulty.
    The Bouncer came pounding round the corner and i just ran with my heart in my mouth and my ☺☺☺☺ in my pants.
    I kept wondering why the hell it was pissed off at me though? maybe it just happens to some players under certain circumstances.

Also i found the part in either neptunes bounty or arcadia where your in a basement full of wine and you go in this room with a cupboard that has a turret in it, and you just hear Big daddy groans coming from somewhere. then after 10 minutes of paranoia and scared-ness you ntice that the big daddy is outside the window just walking up and down.

The Houdini splicer bit was scary to start with but after that its not that scary.

When i'm in easy or normal difficulty, i like to aggrovate big daddys and play hide and seek, just for the thrill. (you hide and the big daddy seeks) this is much scarier to play with a bouncer because they run faster. Fort frolic is a very good level for this "hide and seek" game because it is full of bouncers and there are lots of room and walkways to hide in.

i've blabbed on long enough
    Last edited by IllusionOfLife; 12-30-2011 at 06:00 PM. Reason: Please don't bypass the language filter

Even after six playthroughs, I still jump out of my seat and yelp every time in Dandy Dental after picking up that Gene Tonic. I once punched my brother after that happened, and another time I fell out of the seat and nearly cracked my head open. My next playthrough, I'm probably just gonna skip that part...

Theres this part in the Medical pavalon, you go inside a dark room, then you have to step in some water to get to the other side, and you see a splicers shadow run across really fast, then the light go off then on really quick, noone is there but you see a tonic, then when you make your way towards the exit, the freaking splicer pops up, I jumped the 1st time I did that part.

after reading the FIRST PAGE ill be keepin my shotgun on exploding buck from now on.0_0

On my first playthrough i was going through the medical pavilion and i had incinerate so i started to walk out of the pavilion to go get the key and THEN i notice the shotgun. I was thinking that this was my lucky break.
    i picked it up and then the lights go out i back against the wall and i was taking damage. i turn around and SPLICER HOLY S@!#$. other part in the flooded cooridor with the doctor and the shadows and the popping out of the closet stuff. first time that hapened i was playing with my friend with surround sound on and it was the first time playing so it was unexpected.

Scariest moments in Bioshock?

First time playing, and the Spider Splicer and the Bathysphere at the beginning. I heard the splicer ripping into the bathysphere, and I was like .

The shotgun section in Medical Pavilian, I was popping lead into every Splicer that ran out like a crazed madman, freaking out the whole time.

Starting Fort Frolic, and going to the theatre area. I didn't see the dynamite at all in that run. When Cohen blew up the piano, I jumped a bit.

Going through the Eternal Flame Crematorium and seeing the Splicer's shadow, and expecting him to run out at any time, when he doesn't for a long time.

Setting off a stray Trap Bolt I don't see still makes me jump a little.

Scariest when you hadnt played it before and didnt know what was what or what was going to happen at any moment (worse -- the first time I played BS1 with brightness lower than you are supposed to)

Its too bad you cant get the same feel on replays.

Someday these games will vary from fixed choreographed sequences and have alot more option events and situation so that the player has ALOT less certainty about whats going to happen next.
    Last edited by watchman; 08-09-2012 at 04:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by splicering View Post
    dr. Steinman was pretty freaky, with the whole "having an invisible deity inform him that you're there and then being called ugly and attacked and fighting and stuff.
    you're ugly! Ugly! Uglyyyyyyy

21. for me it was when i was sneaking up behind a splicer and in real life i said hey stupid and he turned around as if he could really here me creepy as hell

Has to be either the doctor in the dental area or the plaster splicers!

Doctor in the Dental area as well. Even with a friend I got scared.

I played and finished Bioshock Infinite so I figured I should come back and play BS1 and 2...never have. I don't know how far into BS1 I am but it's fricken creepy as hell. Not a big fan of scary stuff and I'm 32! Anyways found this on youtube and it pretty much sums up my reaction.

http://youtu.be/xlwFe-qNxqI

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314