Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fix DLC access - NOW! (sign here)

Fix DLC access - NOW! (sign here)

i'm a games writer, and i'm this close to telling anyone who will listen not to buy the DLC pack, since, upon paying 10 dollars, they'll discover they can't use the ****ing thing. There had better be a patch like, tomorrow.

To top it all off, 2 of the 3 DLC achievements require PLAYING THE NEW MAPS IN PUBLIC MATCHES.

This is just too ridiculous a situation to not feel annoyed, sorry.

I completly agree with you. I Love KEK but The maps and Rebirth both need work. I think a seperate option should be added to search for games on Metro Maps. Then they should change Rebirth so it doesn't take away your total Adam.

Chris,

I think it's important that the media talk about this, the same way that the media picked up on the original DLC controversy of content being on the disc. It seems like publicity is a wake-up call that some companies need. With a disappointing lack of communication from 2K, fans are running out of options to know that their voices are being heard. There's always suggestions of boycotting, and I'm sure some people who say they will, actually do, but that never works. Even if 50% of the active posters on these forums declared and actually boycotted 2K... that number of customers would not be significant to 2K.

Maybe this thread would be useful to you:

http://forums.2kgames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70691

Quote Originally Posted by ROWAN1551 View Post
    I completly agree with you. I Love KEK but The maps and Rebirth both need work. I think a seperate option should be added to search for games on Metro Maps. Then they should change Rebirth so it doesn't take away your total Adam.
    They wont. Too many people got screwed and it would be to much work to restore all the peoples adam. Going into history files(if they still exist, then updating the servers) followed by a patch. Last patch took 3months.

Relight,

I'm a fan of the multiplayer, it's refreshing, more fun and laid back than most multiplayer shooters. You hear lots of laughing on the mic, instead of angry foul-mouthed ranting, a la MW2. And in all fairness, it's day 2. I'll give them another day or so, and see how they respond.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisvandergaag View Post
    Relight,

I'm a fan of the multiplayer, it's refreshing, more fun and laid back than most multiplayer shooters. You hear lots of laughing on the mic, instead of angry foul-mouthed ranting, a la MW2. And in all fairness, it's day 2. I'll give them another day or so, and see how they respond.
    Have they responded?

What I think what happened was, they thought it was all fine but once it was released it went nowhere near what they thought.

First thing they did wrong was almost 0 advertising. Players usually don't go to you, they see a Advertisment and get interested.

Second thing, I don't think they thought it over really. Just wanted to get it out to the people complaining

They need to make an extra playlist only playing matches on the DLC maps like Halo, COD, GOW, and other games do so people can get matches on the new maps.

I'd give the DLC at least a week or two. Some people may have work or school and/or they may not have enough money to buy this content, it's only the third day, I don't expect everyone to have bought the DLC already. I must say though, I am a little annoyed at 2k, although the maps are great, they made a grave mistake with the matchmaking system.
    Last edited by Shades; 05-12-2010 at 06:08 PM.

*sign*

At least in Australia we have consumer protection legislation.
    Hit them up for misleading advertising.
    Product is not fit for purpose also.

Would love to smack them with a class action to wake their asses up

Quote Originally Posted by Shades View Post
    I'd give the DLC at least a week or two.

Buying new maps as DLC - especially 6 new maps, which is a lot - is almost, dare I say it, like buying a new game. You shouldn't have to wait two weeks to be able to play them.

Chris, I agree on the multiplayer. It's a lot of fun for me, since I love the world of BioShock and personally I don't really play a lot of online multiplayer games.

Quote Originally Posted by Relight View Post

Buying new maps as DLC - especially 6 new maps, which is a lot - is almost, dare I say it, like buying a new game.
    Exactly what I had thought (esp if patch was super effective) and last night I had the good fortune of playing mostly new maps (with alot of coordination between party members) but in the end, it worked. And yes, the game DOES feel new and rewarding once again with rebirth and all the re-leveling up and everything else that happens with that. BUT, in that time, still havnt played smuggler's hideout, and played fontaine fisheries like 10 times, at least 45-50% of the time, same party, same teams and everything... WEIRD.

It can get way too frustrating to get everyone together accordingly to start a new map match. NEEDS A FIX!

Quote Originally Posted by Shades View Post
    I'd give the DLC at least a week or two. Some people may have work or school and/or they may not have enough money to buy this content, it's only the third day, I don't expect everyone to have bought the DLC already. I must say though, I am a little annoyed at 2k, although the maps are great, they made a grave mistake with the matchmaking system.
    What when they want to play the DLC now? You know, as soon as they bought it? Stop trying to defend 2k, that argument holds no weight under the fact that the DLC and the method of playing it is messed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Trie215 View Post
    BUT, in that time, still havnt played smuggler's hideout, and played fontaine fisheries like 10 times, at least 45-50% of the time, same party, same teams and everything... WEIRD.
    Ugh yeah it's pretty painful when the "random" maps picked aren't so random, and people SUCK at using veto.

The host should just be able to CHOOSE the map instead of a random one, and then players can still veto if they want to.

Ugh yeah it's pretty painful when the "random" maps picked aren't so random, and people SUCK at using veto.

The host should just be able to CHOOSE the map instead of a random one, and then players can still veto if they want to.
    Yeah but not once have I ever EVER EVER seen a map veto'd in B2. That's another thing they need to fix, why the hell does everyone need to veto the map in order to get a new one? When in every other game out there all you need is the majority. *sigh*

It's time to put B2 mp to rest, there is no hope for it.

Or there should be a voting system a la Uncharted 2. Seriously Uncharted 2 is everything BioShock 2 multiplayer should have been.

I have noticed since the maps came out a lot of people are doing the veto in hopes of the next map being a new one. But it's not happening simply because there is always someone in the lobby without the DLC

OK, i bought it also. I cannot express in words my fury, but I'll simply say this.

If they don't do SOMETHING about it and just take our money and go, I simply wish to them to spend all that money to doctors for their rest of their lives. I'm pretty fed up with people stealing others peoples money and nothing to be done afterwards

Oh, and sign me in for fixing the DLC.

I bought the DLC and couldn't play any matches using the new maps and then yesterday morning I played 4 matches on 3 out of the 6 maps.

But I agree you really should be able to choose a map, there should be an option to select which map to play...

Also people who have chosen to Rebirth, I presume that'll make it harder for them to find matches in the new DLC?

Quote Originally Posted by SurfDrifter View Post

If they don't do SOMETHING about it and just take our money and go, I simply wish to them to spend all that money to doctors for their rest of their lives
    Ouch, that's pretty hardcore. I'm just as fed up as you are but I don't wish ill on anyone's health, just their pocketbooks. I'd like to sue the pants off them..but I don't think we have any grounds. It's not like they didn't give the maps to us...we just have very, very, very, very little chance of playing on them other than the "needle in a haystack" match here and there.

And I find it funny that once people luck out and happen to play one or two matches on the new maps, suddenly everything is copacetic and their beef with 2K has magically worked itself out.

Quote Originally Posted by tupello View Post

Also people who have chosen to Rebirth, I presume that'll make it harder for them to find matches in the new DLC?
    Why would that make the slightest bit of difference, tup? Besides, I find that the majority of people who bought the DLC also decided to Rebirth. They wanted to see their money going somewhere.
    Last edited by Althea N Hell; 05-13-2010 at 01:31 AM.

I agree Althea anger and dissapointment is understandable. Threats and extreme demands (Do it or else) kind of statments won't really fly.

My thought is that if a load of people rebirthed then they would be match with similar low level people who might be new to the game and may not have the DLC.

Also I think it may affect people such as myself who are only level 43, and if like you said the majority of people rebirthed then surely it'll make it harder for the match making to find enough people to match with the new maps.

Over 20 hours on multiplayer(Not in a party) and yet to see a map. Almost all faith in 2K has left me.

Quote Originally Posted by tupello View Post
    My thought is that if a load of people rebirthed then they would be match with similar low level people who might be new to the game and may not have the DLC.

Also I think it may affect people such as myself who are only level 43, and if like you said the majority of people rebirthed then surely it'll make it harder for the match making to find enough people to match with the new maps.
    You're actually on to something, tupello. Rebirth actually did split up the people who purchased the DLC, making it so that the DLC people who chose to Rebirth and the DLC people who chose to maintain their high-ranks will have fewer chances of getting matched up with one another. Maybe when the Rebirthers finally start advancing into the higher ranks, they'll start being matched up more with those who chose to maintain their high ranks and we'll begin seeing more matches on these new maps.

That's the only way that I can see this thing working itself out because I honestly don't expect many more people are going to buy the DLC after hearing how frustrated those who did are.

Quote Originally Posted by jordank5 View Post
    Over 20 hours on multiplayer(Not in a party) and yet to see a map. Almost all faith in 2K has left me.
    I'm right there with you. Over 13 hours of gameplay these past few days and haven't even come close to getting into a room that looked like it had a chance of a new map popping up. It seems for now there will always be non-DLC people spread throughout the rooms, ruining all our fun .

And I'm very disappointed in how Kill Em Kindly favors high-rankers. There's simply no way Rebirthers even have a chance of competing against those in their 40's and 50's. I think it should have been a tonic-free affair.
    Last edited by Althea N Hell; 05-13-2010 at 03:55 AM.

2K give me my money back. You sold us something that we cant use. WTF??
    Didn't you guys think this was going to happen???

I even had to register in these forums just to post this. I'm really mad at this point 2K you guys suck give me my money back NOW!!

There are no refunds on this product.

ffffuuuuguy.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Althea N Hell View Post
    You're actually on to something, tupello. Rebirth actually did split up the people who purchased the DLC, making it so that the DLC people who chose to Rebirth and the DLC people who chose to maintain their high-ranks will have fewer chances of getting matched up with one another. Maybe when the Rebirthers finally start advancing into the higher ranks, they'll start being matched up more with those who chose to maintain their high ranks and we'll begin seeing more matches on these new maps.

That's the only way that I can see this thing working itself out because I honestly don't expect many more people are going to buy the DLC after hearing how frustrated those who did are.

I'm right there with you. Over 13 hours of gameplay these past few days and haven't even come close to getting into a room that looked like it had a chance of a new map popping up. It seems for now there will always be non-DLC people spread throughout the rooms, ruining all our fun .

And I'm very disappointed in how Kill Em Kindly favors high-rankers. There's simply no way Rebirthers even have a chance of competing against those in their 40's and 50's. I think it should have been a tonic-free affair.
    I agree with the tonic. a lvl 1 has no chance against Slugger/backstab

I agree with the tonic. a lvl 1 has no chance against Slugger/backstab
    No chance. Even if you sneak up on your opponent, you can only get two or three melee chops in before they turn around and wreak their Slugger wrath upon you, offing you in one fell swoop. The entire map is full of people with their Melee weapons held far back in the air, indicating that almost everybody has at least Slugger equipped.

No chance. Even if you sneak up on your opponent, you can only get two or three melee chops in before they turn around and wreak their Slugger wrath upon you, offing you in one fell swoop. The entire map is full of people with their Melee weapons held far back in the air, indicating that almost everybody has at least Slugger equipped.
    Yep 1 shot even without backstabber. A full charged front shot gets it.
    Fast Feet, Slugger and death trap/res is all I see.

I definitely still have Slugger equipped, but if I see someone who obviously doesn't have it I'll duke it out without. It's too difficult not equipping it if you have it, because it's the only efficient way of taking out people who are using it against you!

And I can't be the only one that thinks players look ridiculous running around with their arms back like that, especially Blanche.

Ouch, that's pretty hardcore. I'm just as fed up as you are but I don't wish ill on anyone's health, just their pocketbooks. I'd like to sue the pants off them..but I don't think we have any grounds. It's not like they didn't give the maps to us...we just have very, very, very, very little chance of playing on them other than the "needle in a haystack" match here and there.

And I find it funny that once people luck out and happen to play one or two matches on the new maps, suddenly everything is copacetic and their beef with 2K has magically worked itself out.

Why would that make the slightest bit of difference, tup? Besides, I find that the majority of people who bought the DLC also decided to Rebirth. They wanted to see their money going somewhere.
    You are right, I'm sorry, it's just that lately there's a trend of people trying to rob you and defraud you and my biggest concern is that I cannot find a way to feel justice. For instance, let's say that I'm not happy about that purchase.

Do you really believe that I can get a refund? They are the big fish, I'm not. I'm just a 34-year old with wife and (soon) kid and they are a big corporate firm which I cannot touch.

That's what I hate. Anyway, maybe I'm biased and prejudiced, I don't know...

Add my name to the list, I still don't know what I donated $10 to 2K for after two days now. As far as I can tell, they have delivered absolutely no product nor service for the money I have given them. I haven't played on a new map even once, not once. I have no interest in the re-birth thing now that I know it takes my Adam (or more to the point I don't care either way, and certainly isn't a $10 feature). Tried the slugger, but was unbelievably boring, left after two matches.

Not to mention all the issues the patch has caused in my system. I cannot ever remember being this disappointed with a company, its just a disgrace. I gave them $10, they delivered....nothing.

All they need to do is add a new mode like kill 'em kindly that plays specificaly on the new maps... It really should not be difficult...

Apologies that I'm a bit later in the day than usual getting back to you guys on this - but here's the deal.

We couldn't assume all players would purchase the new maps, so we made a design decision to unify the player base and make sure no one got split up (because as we've already talked about a couple weeks back, no one likes that.) The DLC maps cycle into the rotation during public matches if everyone in the room owns them, otherwise, base maps are used - that way you can still play with your friends even if they don't own the new content.

If you want direct control over your maps, creating a private match is definitely the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by 2K Elizabeth View Post
    Apologies that I'm a bit later in the day than usual getting back to you guys on this - but here's the deal.

We couldn't assume all players would purchase the new maps, so we made a design decision to unify the player base and make sure no one got split up (because as we've already talked about a couple weeks back, no one likes that.) The DLC maps cycle into the rotation during public matches if everyone in the room owns them, otherwise, base maps are used - that way you can still play with your friends even if they don't own the new content.

If you want direct control over your maps, creating a private match is definitely the way to go.
    From what I've seen, those new maps are pretty big. A small private match probably doesn't compare to a large public one. In this case, I wouldn't mind splitting the player base. Plus, forming a ten person private match in PC is very difficult. I've never had more than four friends on at one time.

This is really NOT what people wanted to hear

We can't be told to just use private matches when we buy new maps. If that's the case, there needs to be some level of custom games or something

I think its safe to say this is a "Do Not Buy" to anyone that hasn't made the purchase yet.

Players want to play public matches with new people and not be limited to only playing the new maps in private games...

We couldn't assume all players would purchase the new maps, so we made a design decision to unify the player base and make sure no one got split up (because as we've already talked about a couple weeks back, no one likes that.)
    How are we expected to get the new achievements if you're telling us that there's no way to play the new maps publicly?

It doesn't seem to make sense that two of the new achievements would be strictly public match based when we all know that it's close to impossible to be in a public lobby where every single player has the DLC. Not to mention that in the unlikely event that it does happen, there's no guarantee that the map will be one of the new ones.

What I'm getting at is that according to your comment, you all already knew that public matches would probably never happen on the new maps because not everyone would buy the DLC. So why make 2 of the achievements practically impossible to get?
    Last edited by Electro-Bolt; 05-13-2010 at 07:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastbadger View Post
    I think its safe to say this is a "Do Not Buy" to anyone that hasn't made the purchase yet.
    The lucky ones.

Well, I'm not too bummed about my purchase, I'm not sure how much 800MS points is in GBPs but it's less than it is in USDs.

I am not sure if you are aware of this but in a post on this topic.
    http://forums.2kgames.com/forums/sho...d=1#post813524
    Only 15% of the player based has bought the DLC, 41 Percent are aware of it, and 43% are not aware.

That means for a public match to ever happen would almost be nearly impossibly.

I can say for myself I have put a great time(10 hours+) in playing this with a group of 3-5 people, all of them owning a DLC, and never even saw a new map appear.

Meaningless to say, a private match is splitting up the community. The people who bought the DLC(15%) want to play on the maps, meaning 15% of the community will be leaving Public matches to play private matches.

By doing that, your splitting the community up. No matter what you do, the community will be split up.

And don't you think when a new gametype comes out on the playlist saying "DLC Games" or whatever, the 43% of unaware people might spark an idea saying "Oh a mappack?". Not just free advertisment but a great idea.

All I read was, we want to not split the people who fill our paychecks from the people who do not. We the payers don't get what we pay for because the people who didn't want someone to play with? Doesn't quite settle well...

I am not sure if you are aware of this but in a post on this topic.
    http://forums.2kgames.com/forums/sho...d=1#post813524
    Only 15% of the player based has bought the DLC, 41 Percent are aware of it, and 43% are not aware.

That means for a public match to ever happen would almost be nearly impossibly.

I can say for myself I have put a great time(10 hours+) in playing this with a group of 3-5 people, all of them owning a DLC, and never even saw a new map appear.

Meaningless to say, a private match is splitting up the community. The people who bought the DLC(15%) want to play on the maps, meaning 15% of the community will be leaving Public matches to play private matches.

By doing that, your splitting the community up. No matter what you do, the community will be split up.

And don't you think when a new gametype comes out on the playlist saying "DLC Games" or whatever, the 43% of unaware people might spark an idea saying "Oh a mappack?". Not just free advertisment but a great idea.

All I read was, we want to not split the people who fill our paychecks from the people who do not. We the payers don't get what we pay for because the people who didn't want someone to play with? Doesn't quite settle well...
    As I said, Its probably considerably less. That was a statistic for the WHOLE Xbox community, not specifically Bioshock 2 DLC

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast