Thread: Is this really necessary?

FACTOID: Is this really necessary?

FACTOID,
    America: Oh! the great americans...the single greatest scientific event in the history of mankind.
    Germany: THEY DRINK A LOT
    China: ICE CREAM
    ... etc
    and the last:
    Arabia: NONE
    SIAM¿?
    ?????????????????????????

Where are those times when you could learn a lot of history reading CIVILOPEDIA? what's happening here?

SID COME BACK NOW !!!! THEY ARE DAMAGING YOUR REPUTATION

Note: Remove Spanish language from website, it is not necessary afterall, no single spaniard will buy this game
    Last edited by Kaus; 06-10-2010 at 08:15 PM.

What is indeed really necessary is to know the meaning of "factoid".
    My Spanish is really poor, but it should be something like "raros hechos".
    Last edited by elonitar; 06-10-2010 at 05:42 PM.

Haha, I didn't notice this...the factoids for most nations are just "fun facts", while for the Americans they point out their greatest accomplishment. Perhaps they should change it to "XX percent of Americans think Europe is a country", or something like that.

Well, I doubt this is intentional, anyway.

Kay

In fairness, the Ottoman Empire overview says "it occupies the blind spot Americans have for pretty much everything between Greece and China". So it's not exactly that complimentary to Americans.

But I do think it would have been nice for America (and Arabia!) to have a more obscure factoid. Something like the English one, which I didn't know even though I'm British.

Quote Originally Posted by qbj View Post
    In fairness, the Ottoman Empire overview says "it occupies the blind spot Americans have for pretty much everything between Greece and China". So it's not exactly that complimentary to Americans.
    Just the fact that the Ottoman description refer to Americans, should be seen as a compliment for America... Like that was something people would want to know? Why would anyone care how much americans know about this empire?

Hey, Kaus, o factóide espanol? No tienes, por que España NÃO ESTÁ NO JUEGO.

Don't put too much into the Factoids now. They're not political statements, I'm sure, although they may seem like that

The factoids are just supposed to be interesting little facts about the civilizations.

The Civilopedia, as it always has, will contain much more information than these little blurbs on the website; I do not think you'll be disappointed.

Yea I had to read over the Ottomon factoid a number of times, seems like a politically charged comment to me. Ignorant, but hey, one nation doesn't even have a factoid, LOL

Quote Originally Posted by qbj View Post
    I'm also British; can someone explain to me why therefore I should give a damn that the Ottoman Empire occupies a blindspot for Americans?

Quote Originally Posted by 2K Greg View Post
    The factoids are just supposed to be interesting little facts about the civilizations.

The Civilopedia, as it always has, will contain much more information than these little blurbs on the website; I do not think you'll be disappointed.
    Can you then explain why the website appears to have been slapped together by someone who didn't even read the relevant wiki page? I'm not particularly angry about this, but it really does just look lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Heqanakhte View Post
    Can you then explain why the website appears to have been slapped together by someone who didn't even read the relevant wiki page? I'm not particularly angry about this, but it really does just look lazy.

Not really, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by madmike View Post

Not really, in my opinion.
    In a game trying to market itself - at least in part - on its historical elements?

It really does.