Thread: What you guys think of the new video releast on game play???

Talking What you guys think of the new video releast on game play???

If you haven't seen it go to.
    http://e3.gamespot.com/story/6265330...rst-e3-details

It looks awsome

The link seems to be not working Anyways I think it is the same video of another thread created yesterday:

http://forums.2kgames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74259

Hadn't seen that one. I really can't wait for September. I want one before that time!
    Where would be the best place to buy a copy 1st. I'm in Australia!

That was posted yesterday. It's discussed in another thread as well. I liked the Video, but I really liked the screenshots they published better.

Did anybody else see the new building "Circus"?

Probably a happiness building, maybe replaced one of the religion buildings.

The Circus is the Roman UB.

Quote Originally Posted by Marthieu du Blois View Post
    The Circus is the Roman UB.
    oh ok missed that.

oh another not:

im loving the way the new naval combat looks. much more intense and fun.

also the rivers look much smoother and overall better than what we had seen in the past.

The 2 things that i must say i don't like is that the tech tree is too small and the maps even smaller... I hope you can play gigantic map or at least only 30% water. And i hope that the tech tree will be bigger later on

Quote Originally Posted by Mani_26 View Post
    The 2 things that i must say i don't like is that the tech tree is too small and the maps even smaller... I hope you can play gigantic map or at least only 30% water. And i hope that the tech tree will be bigger later on
    Strange, that the techtree seems to be so small. Actually, there are 33 techs until Banking, and 42 in CivIV.

Well, I thought as well it is that small until I counted it.

Battle system: new or not?

In the video, we see several battles where one unit destroys another and rolls onto their tile - just like in other Civ games.

Haven't we been told that units would not be destroyed like this in Civ V and that each unit would last much longer in the game - or just be damaged and retreat?

From the evidence in the video, the battle system looks basically identical to what we've had in other Civ games (Two units engage in battle. One unit = winner, other unit = destroyed) just with better graphics. Strange.

Any thoughts?