Thread: An online activation cannot be performed

An online activation cannot be performed

An online activation cannot be performed. Please contact your software vendor to manually retrieve your unlock code.

Please make sure that you have prepared the following information:
    -Registration Code
    -Unlock request code which is displayed below.
    After that, please contact mailto:support@securom.com

why?

dont even get the online activation option

I've got the same problem here. Unfortunatly i have installed and uninstalled the game a about 5 or 6 times. I was hoping this would change something. As I read now here that this seems to be one of the most stupid things that you can do with Bioshock.

Quote Originally Posted by Tox23 View Post
    I've got the same problem here. Unfortunatly i have installed and uninstalled the game a about 5 or 6 times. I was hoping this would change something. As I read now here that this seems to be one of the most stupid things that you can do with Bioshock.
    WOW you just screwed yourself hard, time to take the game back to the store and get a exchange for a new one so you can get a new cdkey.

Daemon Forever

Quote Originally Posted by Tox23 View Post

I had the same problem and rang tech support in the UK. Eventually got through after being told the activation error was down to a 'global server crash' (i.e the zx spectrum power pack fused out). I had to give my email address and would be contacted ASAP with an update. Still no update but the activation worked 15 mins after getting off the phone.........

Yes, I think so. Thats a very stupid situation for me. It seems that I'm the biggest idiot in this forum. I only read the Manual and had no idea of what Starforce is doing. Poor little me.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by p4c_m4n View Post
    I had the same problem and rang tech support in the UK. Eventually got through after being told the activation error was down to a 'global server crash' (i.e the zx spectrum power pack fused out). I had to give my email address and would be contacted ASAP with an update. Still no update but the activation worked 15 mins after getting off the phone.........
    Nobody is picking up the phone here at the german support. "This service is not available at the Moment"