Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CE on PC

Quote Originally Posted by Fugue View Post
    well I guess it can only be down to weighing up the cost of producing a CE and the expected demand, they most know from previous releases what sells where....
    I do understand weighing up cost of production against expected sales, and I would not complain if there is no CE, just be dissapointed, the problem I'm having is marketing appear to being very cagey about it, or not giving very good descriptions on what is available.

well it's negative press isn't it.... can't be having that

These are the editions they are expecting at my local gamestation shop http://www.gamestation.co.uk/search....earchGo=SEARCH

As you can see, it only shows "Collectors edition" for consoles.

CE for PE has never been available to order in the UK afaik, only coolshop had it listed briefly but was kind of obvious from the pricing they wern't expecting to have it in stock

We still waiting on official expression

Its bull****!

Official statement from a 2K spokesman from Germany: The PC Collectors Edition will be still available (in Germany its an exclusive deal with "Saturn")!

I don't belive this. Not until I have an official statement from Liz or someone else from 2k.

Still waiting for the official confirmation and EXPLANATION. Why the hell (sorry) can one country have an EXCLUSIVITY on selling the CE for PC and the other countries cannot? Is it all about who paid more or...?

Yea this makes no sense...to release a ce for consoles but not pc. They had a pc ce for bioshock 2 just 6 months ago. Bad move if it is in fact true.

Quote Originally Posted by easteregg View Post
    Its bull****!

Official statement from a 2K spokesman from Germany: The PC Collectors Edition will be still available (in Germany its an exclusive deal with "Saturn")!
    what's Saturn, a store? distributor?

just had a look on amazon.de & couldn't see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugue View Post
    what's Saturn, a store? distributor?

just had a look on amazon.de & couldn't see it.
    I guesses it was the german equivlant of EBgames. Before they were bought up; that is.

Quote Originally Posted by packardcaribien View Post
    I guesses it was the german equivlant of EBgames. Before they were bought up; that is.
    When I was in Berlin a while back, I visited Saturn. They sell TV's, Games, Toasters, all that. A German Best Buy?

Seems like no one from 2K has figured out some kind of an "explanation" yet...

can't find a "saturn" store, link pls if someone has it.

edit: never mind found it
    Last edited by Fugue; 08-03-2010 at 11:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vallux View Post
    When I was in Berlin a while back, I visited Saturn. They sell TV's, Games, Toasters, all that. A German Best Buy?
    I guess that makes sense. I was thiunking they were smaller; but they'd have to be big to make an exclusivity purchase.

Yeah I really want a explanation, digital deluxe edition does nothing for me

Its never been available in Sweden. I think that there never where any CE for the PC. All of the stores just assumed that there were.

Don't know why there isn't any though. Bad marketing 2K. I would definitly have buyed the CE.

Lot of people want buy CE. But how you see, Take Two do really great work.
    Last edited by bis25; 08-04-2010 at 12:01 AM.

God Bless America,
    Land that I love.
    Stand beside her, and guide her
    Thru the night with a light from above.
    From the mountains, to the prairies,
    To the oceans, white with foam
    God bless America, My home sweet home.

Tch.. Americans...

I'm still waiting for an official statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Thompson View Post
    Tch.. Americans...

I'm still waiting for an official statement.
    Seems like none is coming out...

They dont know how say it, becouse we want true
    Last edited by bis25; 08-04-2010 at 02:48 AM.

I have posted about this several weeks ago so its no surprise to me, and I have even pm`ed Liz several weeks ago as well with no reply.

Honestly this is a horrible way to treat the PC fans of the game, I mean since the official statement of the CE edition we have not heard much more so basically it is not wrong to expect it to be available. Though I think it is only in the US, but now I am starting to wonder about that as well.

I would be very surprised if they did not know the answer to this so an official statement would be nice.

24. 2k give us an update please.

Hey guys,

We do have the CE on PC - but not in all regions. Here is a list of major regions that will be getting it:

North America
    France
    Italy
    Germany
    Spain
    Belgium
    Netherlands
    Luxembourg
    Australia

There are also some other European areas that are not on my list that will get some, but I don't have them all on the sheet I was given.

And why you can't buy it from Steam is beyond me. They have: Pre-Purchase Mafia II Digital Deluxe.

Great so if i want a CE for pc in english i have to import the game from USA or Australia since i doubt any other countries in Europe will have a english version and since apparently UK will not have one.
    And i dont think the steam version will be worth the 60 Euro asked...
    Ok i found regular version in France for less then 31 Euros, but is the game only in french or will have both languages english/french?
    Last edited by pedroribeiro124; 08-04-2010 at 12:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 2K Elizabeth View Post
    Hey guys,

We do have the CE on PC - but not in all regions. Here is a list of major regions that will be getting it:

North America
    France
    Italy
    Germany
    Spain
    Belgium
    Netherlands
    Luxembourg
    Australia

There are also some other European areas that are not on my list that will get some, but I don't have them all on the sheet I was given.
    Thank you. But I have one more question one you.
    Why CE isnt available in Czech?

Hey guys,

North America
    France
    Italy
    Germany
    Spain
    Belgium
    Netherlands
    Luxembourg
    Australia

Seems like East Europe and Russia don't exist. Welcome back cold war.

Hey guys,

North America
    France
    Italy
    Germany
    Spain
    Belgium
    Netherlands
    Luxembourg
    Australia

thank you for the answer, so Luxembourg but not in the UK? seriously?

am sure there's a reason somewhere, really can't understand it though....

This is not true.

Amazon has collector editions for PC.

http://www.amazon.com/Mafia-II-Xbox-...0988214&sr=1-2

Next to the Box Art click PC and collector edition is still selectable

Question

Hey guys,

North America
    France
    Italy
    Germany
    Spain
    Belgium
    Netherlands
    Luxembourg
    Australia

OK. So I would like to know who is responsible for this list and ask him where the hell is the Czech Republic. The first mafia game was primarily developed for PC. Czech studio has developed the ilusion engine, Prague FILMharmonic orchestra (also from Czech) was contributing on this collectors edition. Again. Why there is no Czech republic. I'm pretty sure that this is not the problem about low sales or something.

Hey guys,

North America
    France
    Italy
    Germany
    Spain
    Belgium
    Netherlands
    Luxembourg
    Australia

I understand that most of these countries are in fact those in which the first game was a success. But wait... No United Kingdom? Guys? in England we speak English, are you aware of that? how difficult it will be to just divert a couple of copies from North America and sell them in London?
    I don't know, the more time it passes, the less I understand certain production and marketing choices.

can only assume those are locations where previous PC CE have sold well, but no UK? does surprise me.

Can you read ???

She said :

"There are also some other European areas that are not on my list that will get some, but I don't have them all on the sheet I was given."

yes I can, she also said...

Here is a list of major regions that will be getting it:
    I would say the UK in gaming terms is a major region, so if the UK isn't on that list, it wont be, plus the fact that there's not a single UK store stocking it & only a few weeks before release, bit of a give away

I'm quite angry, I've cancelled my preorder yesterday to take the regular edition. And now the CE isn't available anymore for preordering... pfff damn...

I hope that in Poland, this edition also appears.

Hey guys,

North America
    France
    Italy
    Germany
    Spain
    Belgium
    Netherlands
    Luxembourg
    Australia

Ah excellent to see that Australia will be getting the PC CE

Hey guys,

North America
    France
    Italy
    Germany
    Spain
    Belgium
    Netherlands
    Luxembourg
    Australia

Finally, thank you. Well was that really so hard to tell us? Now at least we know where to get our CE. I'm glad Belgium is still getting the CE.
    Thanks for being honest with us, although we should have gotten this info way earlier.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast