Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: Introduction time! Steve Gaynor, writer/Lead Designer of Minerva's Den

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Addict L View Post
    Thank you again Steve ....this disappoints me a bit,because Tenenbaum is was such an important character in Bioshock 1(especially in the 2nd half of the game),but also because she's a wonderful character,and I would have loved to see more of her in the 2nd game than what we did ....but....Nonetheless I thank you for the explanation
    That's funny, Tenenbaum is an evil and foul thing... she discovered ADAM, and reproduced it, with a poison which created the first Splicers. Everyone knows that. >.>

I have another question: WHO IS ATLAS? O_O

No, seriously: Why wasn't Sigma bonded to his Little Sister anymore? While Delta had to jump through flaming hoops to save his fake daughter to get to the surface, ol' Sigma was able to go off and do his own thing. Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Invader View Post

No, seriously: Why wasn't Sigma bonded to his Little Sister anymore? While Delta had to jump through flaming hoops to save his fake daughter to get to the surface, ol' Sigma was able to go off and do his own thing. Why?
    I think that Sigma was never bonded to a Little Sister in the first place, unlike Delta. Presumably each case was different and some Alpha Series never made it to the bonding stage.

In my apartment, trying out sinclair's products
    Hello Steve. I loved Minerva's Den and am a huge fan of it. I think it stacks up against BS2, if not more so. I was just wondering out of curiousity What was you primary inspiration behind Reed Wahl and how would you describe the character. Just curious, I understand if you don't answer this because it's not very important and may take a while to answer. Thanks Steve!

Hey Steve,

I would like to know what was it like working with Keith "Dr. Terrence Kyne" Szarabajka and how did Carl "Marcus Dixon/Cagney & Lace" Lumbly got the job for C.M. Porter was there another original actor for the role of Porter? For example, Michael C. Hall of Dexter fame.
    Last edited by ZackNathanson; 09-15-2010 at 01:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by [2KM] Steve G. View Post
    It's just because A) there were more individual levels in the Protector Trials-- each individual level carries some extra baggage with it, meaning that have 6 levels instead of 3 added some bloat, even though each level was smaller; and B) the concept art and videos and additional UI elements in the PT (map selection, results screen) are all pretty HUGE. Consider the pre-rendered launch trailer for instance. Those videos ain't small and we had to put them in the download.

So, the Den had bigger levels with more new content in them, but certain elements of the PT, especially the concept art, took up more space. Nothing from Minerva's Den, except for re-used art assets like desks and so forth, shipped on the BioShock 2 disc. All of the new content for Minerva's Den was developed after BioShock 2 shipped.
    Cool. Thanks for your very nice answer.

Me thinks he was bonded to RODIN! XD

I think that Sigma was never bonded to a Little Sister in the first place, unlike Delta. Presumably each case was different and some Alpha Series never made it to the bonding stage.
    Well, there was an audio diary by Gil Alexander, stating that the last successful bond was Sigma. It's on the Wiki, I'll see if I can find it. I remember that you can find it near the entrance to Joe's Green Groceries in Siren Alley.

EDIT: I may have been wrong. I am not sure... I'm not seeing it in the Wiki.

EDIT OF EDIT: Found the diary. It said Delta, not Sigma.
    Last edited by Invader; 09-19-2010 at 04:58 AM.

can someone please tell me where i can find incinerate ?
    maybe i'm blind...

Quote Originally Posted by RESCO View Post
    maybe i'm blind...
    There's an elevator in that main room with the frozen door. It should be where if you go down the stairs, take a right. When you reach the window, take another right. There will be an Upgraded Drill and an elevator. Take the elevator and it will be somewhere in the room below.

Well, there was an audio diary by Gil Alexander, stating that the last successful bond was Sigma. It's on the Wiki, I'll see if I can find it. I remember that you can find it near the entrance to Joe's Green Groceries in Siren Alley.

EDIT: I may have been wrong. I am not sure... I'm not seeing it in the Wiki.

EDIT OF EDIT: Found the diary. It said Delta, not Sigma.
    I wonder if maybe you had that confused with this removed audio diary?

Alpha Series

Just listened to your interview on I forgot where Steve but that was a good segment I loved it .

Quote Originally Posted by Reborn in the Ocean View Post
    Just listened to your interview on I forgot where Steve but that was a good segment I loved it .
    Thanks! It was fun! The segment was on RROD Radio hosted by Chad Dukes.

Quote Originally Posted by RESCO View Post
    maybe i'm blind...
    I always hoped this wouldn't be too confusing for people... you can also use Ion Laser Thermal Ammo, or telekinese an explosive at it, or use a Rocket Spear. But most people probably assume you have to go find Incinerate! somewhere.

So this is defenitly the last DLC

Alright thanks for reminding me Steve yeah it was pretty good I liked all of it.

I always hoped this wouldn't be too confusing for people... you can also use Ion Laser Thermal Ammo, or telekinese an explosive at it, or use a Rocket Spear. But most people probably assume you have to go find Incinerate! somewhere.
    Hmm, I had no idea those would work as well. I guess were just used to "Theres a giant block of ice in your way, go find Incinerate!" from Bioshock.

Yeah I think there was a Incinerate in Minerva's Den or at least that is what someone told me but then I just used the Thermal clips for the laser and that worked wonders.

Quote Originally Posted by Reborn in the Ocean View Post
    Yeah I think there was a Incinerate in Minerva's Den or at least that is what someone told me but then I just used the Thermal clips for the laser and that worked wonders.
    There is. You just need to find it

Quote Originally Posted by RC1905 View Post
    There is. You just need to find it
    Yeah that's what I figured and my friend told me there was I just didn't know where it was so I just settled for not finding it and going on though that would have been helpful against the Wintry Houdini's.

Steve,I have another question for you:

If a Bioshock 3(Rapture included) was made,would you guys over at 2K Marin possibly put the Lancer in a stage of the main campaign?? I would love to fight the Lancer in a non-DLC-related level if a Bioshock 3 gets made

Steve,

Since Bioshock Infinite is in the works from the people at Irrational Games and now have more character interaction from Booker DeWitt, I know it's a way too early for me to say this, but is Bioshock 3 going to have character interaction?

Quote Originally Posted by ZackNathanson View Post
    Steve,

Since Bioshock Infinite is in the works from the people at Irrational Games and now have more character interaction from Booker DeWitt, I know it's a way too early for me to say this, but is Bioshock 3 going to have character interaction?
    They don't even know if they are going to be making a Bioshock 3 yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Donut232 View Post
    I wonder if maybe you had that confused with this removed audio diary?

Alpha Series
    That's the one! Thanks, man! ^_^ Not removed, though- on the CoR.
    Last edited by Invader; 09-24-2010 at 11:39 AM.

Steve,I have another question for you:

If a Bioshock 3(Rapture included) was made,would you guys over at 2K Marin possibly put the Lancer in a stage of the main campaign?? I would love to fight the Lancer in a non-DLC-related level if a Bioshock 3 gets made

Also...How long have the Lancers been active in Minerva's Den?

Here's one: granted the smaller development time/resources of Minerva's Den, did you end up cutting any ideas that were originally created specifically for the DLC - i.e. not things that were originally part of the main game's brainstorming?

Just wondering if the PC version will ever see the light of day? Any news on that? I'd really like to play it at some point.

I don't need specific details, but something other than total radio silence would be nice. Can't help but feel kind of disappointed.
    Last edited by RezGAF; 09-26-2010 at 08:37 PM.

Another question for you Steve,and sorry if this has already been answered...buuut.....How come only Lancers are in Minerva's Den? Why not any Rosies? I think it would have been cool to use Hypnotize/Enrage to make some Rosie Vs Lancer fights

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Addict L View Post
    Another question for you Steve,and sorry if this has already been answered...buuut.....How come only Lancers are in Minerva's Den? Why not any Rosies? I think it would have been cool to use Hypnotize/Enrage to make some Rosie Vs Lancer fights
    It had to do with memory issues. Minerva's Den was already pushing the limit and having multiple BD models would have been too much for her

Quote Originally Posted by X1 BLACKOUT 1X View Post
    It had to do with memory issues. Minerva's Den was already pushing the limit and having multiple BD models would have been too much for her
    I remember Bioshock 1 challenge rooms one room 4 big daddies. They got to do that again.

Quote Originally Posted by Gin Ichimaru View Post
    I remember Bioshock 1 challenge rooms one room 4 big daddies. They got to do that again.
    It depends on the memory available that determines what they can and can't do. Challenge rooms don't (shouldn't) take up that much memory so it allows them to do things like that. However, in a campaign level that's HUGE, they simply can't use up memory on something like having multiple BD models walking around

Steve, how does it make you feel to know that some of BioShock's most loyal fans on the PC will never get to play Minerva's Den (or the Protector Trials, for that matter)?

Quote Originally Posted by Relight View Post
    Steve, how does it make you feel to know that some of BioShock's most loyal fans on the PC will never get to play Minerva's Den (or the Protector Trials, for that matter)?
    Come on now Relight, you of all people should know that's not his fault. 2K has had lousy support for the PC, and for patching Bio 2 in general, but Steve has nothing to do with that. It doesn't do any good to point the gun at him.

Quote Originally Posted by IllusionOfLife View Post
    Come on now Relight, you of all people should know that's not his fault. 2K has had lousy support for the PC, and for patching Bio 2 in general, but Steve has nothing to do with that. It doesn't do any good to point the gun at him.
    No, I think it's a fair question. Relight isn't saying that it is Steve's fault, but Steve did put time and effort into the Minerva's Bay DLC and his reaction to the news that the fruits of his efforts won't now be experienced by a large percentage of BS2 gamers is one which I'd also be interested to hear.

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122