Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536
Results 1,401 to 1,437 of 1437

Thread: It's time for answers

Quote Originally Posted by humleren View Post
    Well no, it's called poor programming.
    But they contracted 4 expert PS3 coders from Massive Bear. They're PS3 optimization professionals.

Quote Originally Posted by Vulcanproject View Post
    Best time to build a decent Pc. New machines still years away and console booty whupping performance is dead cheap
    yeah, very true... just need some cash at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Trini_Bwoi View Post
    But they contracted 4 expert PS3 coders from Massive Bear. They're PS3 optimization professionals.
    Well i have still to see any merits to their name, honestly.. no one is able to say what these guys ever worked on for the ps3

Dear Elizabeth, first of all thanks for your reply which clarifies some issues.
    Why ps3? Why doesn't PS3 version has grass, blood and cloth movement?
    I know, you have a fantastic tech. to put these things in ps3 (blood, grass, cloth movement)
    Just wonder why will ps3 users be deprived of some refined details rather than pc or xbox 360 users?

Thanks

Well i have still to see any merits to their name, honestly.. no one is able to say what these guys ever worked on for the ps3
    They did a dynamic theme that time...you know

Experts

Quote Originally Posted by Vulcanproject View Post
    They did a dynamic theme that time...you know

Experts
    Ha ha.. good one. That one cracked my up

Quote Originally Posted by Trini_Bwoi View Post
    So, instead of working on it themselves, they just hand it off to some random company? No wonder it is so lacking. What a lazy "effort". It completely vindicates my decision to cancel my pre-orders and the poor reviews the game has received thus far. Well done, 2K.

Quote Originally Posted by anil View Post
    Dear Elizabeth, first of all thanks for your reply which clarifies some issues.
    Why ps3? Why doesn't PS3 version has grass, blood and cloth movement?
    I know, you have a fantastic tech. to put these things in ps3 (blood, grass, cloth movement)
    Just wonder why will ps3 users be deprived of some refined details rather than pc or xbox 360 users?

Thanks
    She answered that as good as she could, allready.

Quote Originally Posted by vivacatania View Post
    So, instead of working on it themselves, they just hand it off to some random company? No wonder it is so lacking. What a lazy "effort". It completely vindicates my decision to cancel my pre-orders and the poor reviews the game has received thus far. Well done, 2K.
    Well, the had four different companies help them develop this on ps3. So, obviously they choose really badly when they were finding the helping devs, but these different companies only developed a fraction of the game each.. so it's sort of an abomination. Maybe massive bear was talented and some of the others were useless... we'll never know i guess.

She answered that as good as she could, allready.
    No, she said ps3 has no grass, blood and cloth movement. I want to learn why ps3... They could do it on pc or xbox 360.

I have a question. I have been playing the demo for both consoles for days now, with all the previous differences between the two noted, I have also noticed a LOT more traffic and pedestrians in the XBOX 360 version than on the ps3. Will this be the case in the retail game as well?

Thanks.

I have a question:

Will 2k games be issuing any kind of public apology to Ps3 owners for the dissapointment and anger this inferior version of Mafia 2 has caused them?
    - Btw Pity Dlc is no compensation for a poorly developed core game.

k. To remind you once again, DO NOT POST ANYTHING BUT QUESTIONS FOR LIZ AND THE DEVELOPERS IN THIS THREAD. If you post spam, you will receive an infraction and then a ban. Quite a few people have been banned within the past 48 hours for spamming this forum. You are ALLOWED to voice your opinion whether its negative or positive, just don't spam it all over the forum.

Once again, only post new questions in this thread for Liz so that she can ask the developers. I want questions as soon as you do guys, but spamming in this thread makes it more difficult for her to find the questions. So if you spam over other people's questions, she's not going to see them. I've already had to delete quite a few spammish posts in this thread and give out infractions and bans. Thanks.

I have a question liz, if you could get an answer from the devs i would be very grateful. In the retail copy, is the frame rate and tearing better than in the demo? If not would this problem be fixable with a post release patch?

Thanks

Btw guys, I know that you would still like a thread to vent and discuss; so, instead of making your own personal opinion threads, if you have ANY problems with the PS3 Demo of what you heard about the game, please put them in this thread:

http://forums.2kgames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79396

Leave the "its time for answers" thread open for Liz to actually answer our questions about the game. Just put questions in this thread and nothing else. Don't even discuss the answers, you can discuss them in the other thread. The ONLY thing I want to see from anyone but Liz here is QUESTIONS.

This will ensure that we all get our answers as quick as possible without her having to wade through page after page of spam.

Thank you very much.

Quick Q...Will you be patching in the option to swap L2\R2 with L1\R1 for the PS3 version? For some reason the Mafia 2 PS3 demo uses R2 for shoot when pretty much ALL PS3 games use R1 (Killzone 2, Uncharted 2, Modern Warfare 1 & 2 + all the rest). As an FYI & to make you feel better, even the mighty RockStar got it wrong with Red Dead Redemption on release, but soon corrected it with a patch.

Mapping the 360 controls to the PS3 pad is just wrong for many (not all) & such an oversight makes the developers appear lazy in the PS3 research department.
    Last edited by Blue5; 08-17-2010 at 05:57 AM.

My question is still what the developers found more difficult/easier to implement on PS3 by comparison to the other two platforms. What kept them up all night racking their brains for a solution or a better way to make the game work on its individual platform.

My question is: Although i dont care about the issues of grass and blood etc. i was wondering if there is any chance in the future after the release there will be a patch to hopefully fix this or not? Be nice to know there will be some sort of patch.

The most important Q:

Are the developers actually TRYING to optimize the game? Or are they sitting on their backsides somewhere in Tahiti?

Any answers on alternate control layouts containing L1 for aim and R1 for shoot? Plz let us know! If its not in the game, can it be put in the things to patch? It seems like it wouldn't be that difficult to give us the option!

Will there possibly be a V-sync option in the final retail game?

Guys -

All of these questions don't really pertain to the first topic posted, which was asking about specific graphical discrepencies in the PS3 demo. This is not the place for general Q&A about the game and patches - please don't post those here.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Mafioso View Post
    PS3

http://ded.zenblue.net/bioshock_comp...3_bioshock.jpg

http://ded.zenblue.net/bioshock_comp...0_bioshock.jpg

As you can cleary see you're dead wrong. The PS3 version of Bioshock did not have higher resolution textures than its 360 counterpart. Most of the PS3's technical praise was for its overall image quality and performance which was actually as good as the 360's which at that time was extremely rare for multiplatform games (and still is).

There is no multiplatform game on the market where the PS3 version has higher resolution textures than its 360 counterpart.
    I may be wrong, but I could swear that the PS3 version of FF XIII had higher res than the 360's.

Any how, back on topic.

I am too upset about the inferior PS3 por-, *ahem*, version. But as a few have already stated, there will be no patch that will bring in the grass, blood pools and cloth movement. To do so would to be actually remaking the game. Though I do hope they will fix the tearing issues ASAP.

And to 2K Elizabeth. I have become a big fan of yours. While many here have been *****ing at you, I commend you on your honesty and thank you for it. There are not many companies out there that have this kind of honesty and it is appreciated.

But I hope beyond hope, that you guys find and hire people that know how to program on the PS3.

Hmmmm...The problem is that I have found about 25 posts that are relevant to my questions\issues, but they all seem to be locked.

I only signed up to make some suggestions, but I think I shall say adieu & wish you all the best.

I have never seen such a forum & believe me, I am active in many...Good luck!
    Last edited by Blue5; 08-17-2010 at 06:39 AM.

Hey guys -

If you want to post about the specific PS3 issues, please post here. Otherwise, please ask questions here: http://forums.2kgames.com/forums/sho...39#post1018039

Be sure to read the rules before you post.

To 2k Elisabeth:

Will 2k games be issuing a public apology for the way they have treated Ps3 users with this clearly inferior version of the game?

Quote Originally Posted by dreamweaver View Post
    To 2k Elisabeth:

Will 2k games be issuing a public apology for the way they have treated Ps3 users with this clearly inferior version of the game?
    Hahahaha, that's the funniest thing I have heard in the forums, it's not the end of the world that you got a bad port, lol an apology. you make it sound like they did this to you hundreds of times or they went to your home and punched you in the face. Grow up

28. Post

Quote Originally Posted by Bobsynergy View Post
    Hahahaha, that's the funniest thing I have heard in the forums, it's not the end of the world that you got a bad port, lol an apology. you make it sound like they did this to you hundreds of times or they went to your home and punched you in the face. Grow up
    Well i agree that 2K must at least acknowledge the poor job they did with this title, not that they had the courtesy to do it themselves- they just threw it off the table to the MassiveBear fools...

Anyway, Liz, could you just run through why it is the graphical presentation of the PS3 version is the way it is? I'm thinking since i've read a thousand odd posts why it is, i want the TRUTH from you. A decent explanation would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Do the developers feel like the shortcuts they took to optimize the game were acceptable?

the demo is set in the summer. we only get to see what happens in the summer.

what about the parts of the game set in the winter or fall. will the ps3 version still get footprints in snow, snow on cars, leaves blowing or falling from trees?

there is still so much we don't know, but what if the PS3 version is missing more than just grass?!

Guys stop asking questions here, we have a new Q&A for Elizabeth here:

http://forums.2kgames.com/forums/sho....php?p=1018039

Thanks. And a WARNING. Check the Answers from 2K Dan and Jack first to make sure your question hasn't already been answered and make sure ANOTHER PERSON hasn't already asked your question in that thread. If I see ANY spam (and I will be watching) you will receive an immediate infraction and then a ban. Thanks.
    Last edited by Xardas; 08-17-2010 at 07:16 AM.

32. Quote Originally Posted by lukeb4dunk View Post
    I may be wrong, but I could swear that the PS3 version of FF XIII had higher res than the 360's.

Any how, back on topic.

I am too upset about the inferior PS3 por-, *ahem*, version. But as a few have already stated, there will be no patch that will bring in the grass, blood pools and cloth movement. To do so would to be actually remaking the game. Though I do hope they will fix the tearing issues ASAP.

And to 2K Elizabeth. I have become a big fan of yours. While many here have been *****ing at you, I commend you on your honesty and thank you for it. There are not many companies out there that have this kind of honesty and it is appreciated.

But I hope beyond hope, that you guys find and hire people that know how to program on the PS3.
    Yay. In another 7 or 8 years we can look forward to the game we all expected to be in our hands within the next week or two. Hmm. Not quite satisfied... Stick it to the maaaan!

Quote Originally Posted by dreamweaver View Post
    To 2k Elisabeth:

Our policy is to be open and honest with our community at all times - and that's what we've done. If you feel I've treated you poorly, you have my sincere apology now, but I don't agree that the PS3 version is "inferior" in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by 2K Elizabeth View Post
    Guys -

All of these questions don't really pertain to the first topic posted, which was asking about specific graphical discrepencies in the PS3 demo. This is not the place for general Q&A about the game and patches - please don't post those here.
    Well, the patch issue is directly related to the graphical issues. So yeah, that's very relevant. Probably the most relevant topic at this moment regarding the issues that needs adressing in the ps3 version. It would be very interestin to know whether there will be an effort to fix those. Oh yeah, and i don't think anyone here thinks that you've treated them poorly, bu they feel that 2k has by releasing would we would, as a community, define as an inferior version of the game for the ps3. Still, thanks for your honesty, it is much appreciated. Feel like i dodged a bullet by not preordering this by now.
    Last edited by humleren; 08-17-2010 at 07:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xardas View Post
    Guys stop asking questions here, we have a new Q&A for Elizabeth here:

http://forums.2kgames.com/forums/sho...39#post1018039

Thanks. And a WARNING. Check the Answers from 2K Dan and Jack first to make sure your question hasn't already been answered and make sure ANOTHER PERSON hasn't already asked your question in that thread. If I see ANY spam (and I will be watching) you will receive an immediate infraction and then a ban. Thanks.
    That link is not working, atleast not for me.

Quote Originally Posted by deceptor View Post
    That link is not working, atleast not for me.
    post new link please

Here's the Q&A thread. http://forums.2kgames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80926

As this thread has run its course for relevant questions and answers, I'm going to be shutting this down so people don't accidentally ask questions here and feel ignored.

Thanks, guys.

Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536