Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chapter 14 Pay Bruno Back

Chapter 14 Pay Bruno Back

I am stuck here. I'm at the waypoint and it wont let me into where Bruno is. I have $55000 so I'm pretty sure this is a bug. If I'm missing something could someone please help?

EDIT:

So I played the level a third time and actually got through it. I think the bug has something to do with holding up stores. This time I only dropped off cars and didn't hold up any stores and everything worked fine. If that is the reason then I find this rather pathetic. 2K Games QA must really suck or be non existent if this wasn't even found before launch.
    Last edited by fifthdivision; 08-25-2010 at 09:40 AM.

I forgot to mention I'm playing on the PC.

Dude, I think I'm having the same problem.

I have the 360 version and I'm right where the waypoint tells me to be, but the backdoor, where Bruno is supposed to be, doesn't open and there aren't any cutscenes. If anyone knows how to fix that, please post it here soon...

Exactly the same problem. So now we know it's cross platform... just not what triggers it.

An update: I just played through the level again and now I can actually get in to see Bruno and return the money but after the cutscene the game just loads forever and doesn't actually load anything. When I end the process and load the last save it loads the point just after you drop off Joe so it doesn't save my meeting with Bruno either.

same problem

I am have the exact same problem on ps3 and i was wondering what causes it. I cant even open the door to Bruno though....

I have the same problem. The cutscene is loading, but when I'm about to leave Bruno's place, the game is loading without end.
    Looks like it's just more than just little bug. I hope 2K is solving the problem

its a dissapiontment

I really liked mafia but this glitch or crack is really starting to annoy me

please someone HELP ME!!!

Just wanted to add myself to this list, just happened for me as well, I get a perpetual "loading" screen after the cut scenes. I hear the ambient noises of the outdoors, but the loading screen (which scrolls through text explaining who the families of the city are and eventually just turns black) keeps going, record spinning.

Try hitting, "Retry Mission." Otherwise, make sure you have the right amount of money, and if you do, try making a lil' more.

I tried retrying the mission, but it didn't really help. I've actually tried crashing my car on a wall, so I'd die and get another shot.
    I've also gotten over a thousand dollars selling cars and sticking up stores and gathered a total of 56210 dollars. Didn't help either...

this entire area of the story is glitchy, you even get paid twice to pay bruno back, so you end up with $50,000 when you only need $25,000. and I tried restarting the mission and it didn't work for my, have the 36o version though... 2k will most likely release an update in the next 2 days

Quote Originally Posted by LoomisCrapton View Post
    this entire area of the story is glitchy, you even get paid twice to pay bruno back, so you end up with $50,000 when you only need $25,000. and I tried restarting the mission and it didn't work for my, have the 36o version though... 2k will most likely release an update in the next 2 days
    Actually, you gathered 27.5k while Joe also gathered 27.5k, so together you can repay 55k back to Bruno. After you drop Joe at El Greco's, you get his half of the money. I got the 360 version as well.

This problem is happening to me too on ps3. I cant believe they would release the game with this problem. If there isnt a solution some time very soon some one should sue them. I didnt ****ing pay 80 dollars to wait when this problem should of been fixed before they released the god damn game.

So I played the level a third time and actually got through it. I think the bug has something to do with holding up stores. This time I only dropped off cars and didn't hold up any stores and everything worked fine. If that is the reason then I find this rather pathetic. 2K Games QA must really suck or be non existent if this wasn't even found before launch.

Thumbs down Loading Problem

Same issue actually replaced the game 3 time all same issue i am also using an xbox slim and have the three dlc packs

after paying bruno the load screen freezes

im plain on the ps3 and after the cut-scene with bruno it goes to the loading cutscene as usual but then it is like it if it is frozen but not frozen like i hear music n background sound and etc. but it wont go back into playing mode it stay continuously on the loading screen for hours and i just got the game lastnite ..... what can i do to stop the freeze so i can continue playing and beat the game ??!! i tried restarting the game and turnin off my system and do that level over again and yet it still freezes on the loading screen no matter how much i try to fix it or restart it and i even started a new game to see if it will work and it stillwont every time after i pay bruno on the loading cutscreen after done paying bruno it STILL freezes but i still hear background sounds and etc. wtf! help HELP and im guessing this is the same probe for every1 it seems idk now im starting to think the company testers are getting lazy with their work and just letting problems with the game go ahead like it nothing ....any help for this how can i go on with the game to finish it.....!?

XBox 360
    Same issue -- Add me to the list.
    Very Very annoying problem for an otherwise spectacular game.

add you ? what you mean add you? and yes it is a very great game i admit but dam i didn't pay 75$ for a piece a game all for nuthin dam i payed it to beat it n enjoy it god 2k company is getting lazy n lazy every yr with there games and they make it so e-z to beat these days and it like they dnt test it out... i thought they fixed all the bugs isn't that y they moved it back 2 months geez for that they shuld of moved it an other year and make it more better and more gameplay damn but for some reason there getting nominated for this game tell you 1 ding ima complain too the company if i could about there glitches idk...DOES ANY1 KNOW HOW TO GO ON PLAYING THE FULL GAME WITH OUT THE LOADING SCREEN FREEZIN OR THE CUTSCENE WITH BRUNO FREEZEN or any ding freezen etc.!!!

Getting angry and spewing hate isn't going to get the problem solved (but it may get your post deleted if it's bad enough). Nobody's happy and everyone knows who's going to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by fifthdivision View Post
    Go ahead and try what he has suggested us. Fail on whoever coded Mafia2; however, NOT robbing shops and only get the last $400 by turning cars helped me go through the "Loading Lockup"

soo maybe its the robing of the shops thats doing the freezen is that what you guys saying?? or can it be the add-on[betrayel of jimmy] that makes the glitches ...well i know one thing the stealing kars and makin money off it isn't any help either i just tried it....no go on that...

add me to the list

chapter 13 find and save tony at the mona lisa door wont open! can i have my money back now pls? i accept pay-pal

Quote Originally Posted by kingfade View Post
    soo maybe its the robing of the shops thats doing the freezen is that what you guys saying?? or can it be the add-on[betrayel of jimmy] that makes the glitches ...well i know one thing the stealing kars and makin money off it isn't any help either i just tried it....no go on that...
    What about that add-on ''Betrayel of Kimmy" ? Sorry to hear that didnt worked for you but it did for me.

no the add-on it self work s im just wondering if it has any thing to do with the game it self with all the etc glitches... so vie tried robing shops n robing kars same time- no go on that.. than tried robing shops it self-no go on tat...then tried robing kars that almost worked until i started to shoot my gun then it froze so yea no go on those either for me.... thats y im wondering if the add-on if it mite have something to do with the games glitches??

No add ons, playing on PC. Can't open the bar to the Mona Lisa. Held up stores, turned in a few cars. Will try turning in only cars to see if I get past this bug and get the other bug.

Glad it's not Steam for once.

Quote Originally Posted by fifthdivision View Post
    Hey everyone this works. You do have to just smash cars for the money and it wont freeze. Thanks for the advice, I hope 2k fires their testers because there is no excuse to make up for this.

Quote Originally Posted by mikepc View Post
    Getting angry and spewing hate isn't going to get the problem solved (but it may get your post deleted if it's bad enough). Nobody's happy and everyone knows who's going to fix it.
    If your talking about my post i have every right to be angry. They let a defaulty game to be sold. Being a ☺☺☺☺☺ never got anything solved.

its not the add-on

i havent redeemed my code yet so i know its not the add-on dang door wont open is all! tony stuck in there wheres my lock pick when i need it?

i was stuck at the loading screen also after paying the money back to bruno, but after re-loading the mission a few times, now i cant even get that far, now im stuck at the part where im supposed to find and save joe, but the door at the mona lisa wont open, dammit, now im even farther back, any news from these guys on a patch for this?
    Last edited by chuk1dor1; 08-25-2010 at 11:34 AM.

OK, I tried doing the chapter without robbing any shops and it worked for me as well, I've got the 360 version, and whoever created the post is on PC so this solution is cross platform. thanks

i totally agree with papa - the tester shuld be fired if any ding they should make demo cd's out ship em to civilians real gamers and test em out... and ye we have every right to be angry **** we bought we can do say watt we please if it not working the way it suppose...and idk i still have thart sameeee problem wtf! im bout to start game alll over again....! thanx a lot 2k!

Damn, I still have the same problem. I putted about 5 cars into crasher and had about 57300 $. I didn't rob any shop. I give up

i did the car crush only thing and it finally worked for me, thank god, but still, its retarded that it only works that way

same prob

im on 360 as well... i cant give money to bruno.. stood outside back door... but nothing.. tried goin to one side of city and back.. tried changing clothes and etc, you cant go to sleep and try gain in morning.. it wont let you... i really dont know what to do... ruinin a til now almost perfect game..

Thanks, guys! Not sticking up stores actually worked for me, too. Hated the ending, though... Oh well, you can't expect a game to be perfect...

fellas,I'm playing on PC and got the same problem on chapter 14 after paying Bruno...the loading doesn't end up and DOING CAR CRUSH only didn't solve the problem neither.

Help me finish this up...it's getting on my nerve

mike

i cant get no jobs from mike.. so ony way for me to make money is robbery.. double fault there..

found glitch

after restarting xbox, tried mikes again.. now the crusher actually gives me money... but i found that if you out the two cars that are near the crusher in.. then drive round the corner to like the gun store.. then come back, they're there again... and in better condition.. get $421 or $408 everytime. easy way to make money.. and there a car near exit by road from scrapyard.. think that reapears as well..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast